Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford has the fastest police vehicle in the country

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
If the limiter is removed via tuning, can the drivetrain handle 160+? I’m wondering about the driveshaft in particular.
Well, I know it will run 155 with no issues. Not sure how long it would keep it up, but certainly wasn’t struggling to hold it for a couple miles.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If the limiter is removed via tuning, can the drivetrain handle 160+? I’m wondering about the driveshaft in particular.
I’ve been north of 160 quite a few times…last weekend actually. Never had an issue.

Reactions
I was told that several southern states tune their Explorer interceptors for power and to remove top speed limiters.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Good Question IMO. My CTS-V was speed limited due to the drivetrain as the automatics were limited slightly lower than the manual transmissions. Still it was designed for high speed driving.

Regarding the Explorer, I'm pretty sure it was not designed for sustained 160mph Having said that I also see no problem hitting those speeds from time to time but I'm not sure I would set the cruise at 160mph and relax for an hour :)

Reactions
so is there a limiter that can be Forscan'd away along with more power?
I was told that several southern states tune their Explorer interceptors for power and to remove top speed limiters.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

so is there a limiter that can be Forscan'd away along with more power? I cant imagine a Dept. loading a tune, or installing a bigger intercooler or anything to complicated, I've seen State Police agencies use trustees to wash cars, I think they might have let them work on them too.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You can’t eliminate the limiter with Forscan. Has to be done with a tune.
Side note…when I was younger and into Fox Mustangs the city I lived in had a couple and the state troopers used them too…I tuned up 8-10 of those cop cars for them so they could have a little more fun. Gave me some good connections for my own tickets too. lol

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You can’t eliminate the limiter with Forscan. Has to be done with a tune.
Side note…when I was younger and into Fox Mustangs the city I lived in had a couple and the state troopers used them too…I tuned up 8-10 of those cop cars for them so they could have a little more fun. Gave me some good connections for my own tickets too. lol
Nice. I found growing up it was much better to me nice to cops and have some that are friends. Seems to work a little better than saying WTF you want pig? One of my town PO's told me that was the response when he rolled up on a 13 yo kid.