Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford has the fastest police vehicle in the country

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Cool. I can outrun the fastest cop cars in the country.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Ford advertises the ST as having a top speed of 143. Assuming that’s “limited” and the police version isn‘t, they’d eventually catch you (143 vs 148). :ROFLMAO:

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ford advertises the ST as having a top speed of 143. Assuming that’s “limited” and the police version isn‘t, they’d eventually catch you (143 vs 148). :ROFLMAO:
Have you seen what Unbroken has done to his ST?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
At 148 I’m waving bye bye.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I was with a High School buddy who out run (outdrove) a State Trooper and a Deputy Sheriff on two different occasions. I never had the stones to do that. LOL

Reactions
I was with a High School buddy who out run (outdrove) a State Trooper and a Deputy Sheriff on two different occasions. I never had the stones to do that. LOL
He was just a good ol’ boy never meaning’ no harm, right? He’d better pray that they didn’t catch his license plate.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
He was just a good ol’ boy never meaning’ no harm, right? He’d better pray that they didn’t catch his license plate.
That's been 44 + years ago. The night he outran the trooper we were in a '70 Camaro, 350 4 speed . Cracked the front windshield due to subframe flex, and blued the rotors. I was excited, he was about ready to cry. :LOL:

Reactions
does a tune remove limiter? we have the extra weight of 3rd row, cop cars have cop junk, full service spare weight and aerodynamic drag

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Calls people names while accusing them of something…interesting. The site has an ignore feature…dial me up in that and you’ll never have to worry about it again. I promise I’ll miss your constructive input.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Do you always have to be a douche? I’m just wondering.
I find his dialogue entertaining, and most times very informative. Thank you, @UNBROKEN ,for all your contributions to this site.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I find his dialogue entertaining, and most times very informative. Thank you, @UNBROKEN ,for all your contributions to this site.
+1 I find his posts very informative and at times entertaining.

Reactions
+1 I find his posts very informative and at times entertaining.
I'm the one that made the radio comment, thought his reply was funny as hell. I guess he and I have the same BS filter setting. Ditto what sadden said.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm the one that made the radio comment, thought his reply was funny as hell. I guess he and I have the same BS filter setting. Ditto what sadden said.
Soft people will always find something to be offended by….people with thick skin and a sense of humor just “get it”.

Reactions
Agree...I laughed out loud when I read his reply. Didn't think it was douchey in the least bit.

Reactions
Reminds me of the meme "how can a generation that grew up on South Park and Family Guy be so offended by everything".

South Park is absolutely genius by the way.

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
does a tune remove limiter? we have the extra weight of 3rd row, cop cars have cop junk, full service spare weight and aerodynamic drag
Years ago a cop lost control on Mulholland Hwy & wiped the trunk off the back of his Crown Vic against a tree. I rode past a bit later & it looked like a Bekins truck had exploded.

mgmack

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
If the limiter is removed via tuning, can the drivetrain handle 160+? I’m wondering about the driveshaft in particular.