Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I was doing my usual refresh of the tracking page and I noticed this credit that I hadn’t before. I could care less about the wifi hotspot but does anyone know if this will affect any of the FordPass app features? Being able to remote start my car from anywhere is my favourite and I’d be sad to lose that ability.
Thankfully, you won't lose the app features. Ford Authority - 4G LTE Hotspot news

Cosmicshrimp

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

tspangle

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST (ordered)
Greetings, folks. New to the forum, but we ordered a new 2023 Explorer ST for my wife on August 9. Stone Blue, pretty much fully loaded except for the rear seat entertainment system. No hands-free liftgate, and who knows what else will be taken away before the car actually gets built. I don't expect to see it before November at the very earliest. It's going to be replacing my 2019 Fusion Sport, which I will be sad to see leave, but the Explorer makes more sense for us.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just got confirmation that my order from 2/28 has shipped to dealer with expected arrival of 9/4-9/10. The window sticker shows the Technology package @ $995, so I am assuming it does not have the multi-contour seats. There are also credits listed for 2nd row heated seats control ($100) and rear aux controls ($50). I assume those will be installed once the parts/chips are available. It also lists a rear liftgate "delete" credit of $55 which I assume means it will never be installed.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just got confirmation that my order from 2/28 has shipped to dealer with expected arrival of 9/4-9/10. The window sticker shows the Technology package @ $995, so I am assuming it does not have the multi-contour seats. There are also credits listed for 2nd row heated seats control ($100) and rear aux controls ($50). I assume those will be installed once the parts/chips are available. It also lists a rear liftgate "delete" credit of $55 which I assume means it will never be installed.
My dealer just gave me the following update:

It looks like once the parts become available for the 2nd row heated seats and the rear aux controls that is something that can be installed at a Ford dealer however it will not be covered by Ford. You would have to pay for the parts and service to have it done.

Unfortunately Ford removed multi contour seats from all all orders and it seems it is still a commodity restraint as even 23 models can't be ordered with them.

Now, it is sounding like Ford is going to screw over the customers by giving us a $150 for rear heated seats and controls while charging us more $$ when the parts are available. Has anyone heard this from their dealer? Previously, I had heard that the "credits" would be installed once the parts were available, but the "deleted" items would not.

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Ford Flex
I heard that about the 2nd row controls, handsfree lift gate, multicontour seats. even on F150's and Lightning(future) vehicles several features are going away. Maybe in 2-3 years things will start to get more "normal" likely after 2024, definitely not any sooner. Right now they are building about 1200 explorers a day in chicago. Filling 2022's that were ordered.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I'm just trying to figure out what is being installed vs. not installed exactly. For example, are the heating elements and wiring already installed in the seats and it is only a matter of plugging in the controller module faceplate at a later time? Same with the rear seat controls? I've seen pictures of the dog bone-shaped plastic plug they are putting in the console where the faceplate should be. Is it only a matter of plugging in the faceplate when it is available? I could see how that might be a straightforward retrofit after the fact...but if none of the infrastructure is there....that's a whole other deal and level of effort. The dealer contends that Ford hasn't exactly released how they intend to handle it....which seems to be a big leap of faith pushed onto the consumer for a $60k SUV "premium" model.

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Ok update time!

Ordered mine 14 DEC 2021 Got my email TODAY 23 AUG 2022 it was built and being shipped to the dealer ! lol

I got a dealer demo back in Feb from another dealer..

glad I did not wait for the one I ordered !

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Ford Flex
Update! Went in to trade my Flex in and Our ST came off the truck! Picking her up tomorrow
whoo hoo.

Almost traded my 2014 F150 for a tremor that came in too. but was missing a few options I would have liked.

Took the ST for a ride, and everything checked out ok! Can't wait to bring the ST home.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Update! Went in to trade my Flex in and Our ST came off the truck! Picking her up tomorrow
whoo hoo.

Almost traded my 2014 F150 for a tremor that came in too. but was missing a few options I would have liked.

Took the ST for a ride, and everything checked out ok! Can't wait to bring the ST home.
Congratulations, you will have to tell us what they are saying about the credited options like the rear controls.

tjanicki

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Picked up yesterday.
Rear climate and heated seats controls to be installed at a later date. (Retro fitted and first oil change is the eta for the part)
Hands free lift gate, not there and won't be installed.
Auto park not there and won't be installed.
Massage seats not there and won't be installed.

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Ford Flex
Picked up yesterday.
Rear climate and heated seats controls to be installed at a later date. (Retro fitted and first oil change is the eta for the part)
^I got the same info last night when I picked up my Explorer ST. Bummed about the Massage seats, but wasn't a deal breaker for us.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Picked up yesterday.
Welcome

G65

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Picked up yesterday.
So does it have heated and cooled driver and passenger seats?

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Ford Flex
So does it have heated and cooled driver and passenger seats?
Yes and dual climate and heated steering wheel too ! Also, The TECH package went from $1300 to 995, when they removed the multi-contour seats( still a bummer ) . we have had our ST for 2 days, and love it!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Picked up yesterday.
I'll be happy as long as they plan to install these when available. My dealer wasn't so certain, but he was going to ask their Ford rep.

Rear climate and heated seats controls to be installed at a later date.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I got an email last night from Ford stating that my production week has been moved from 9/19 to 9/5. I hope to start seeing some modules and a window sticker soon!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2019 Ford Flex
I got an email last night from Ford stating that my production week has been moved from 9/19 to 9/5. I hope to start seeing some modules and a window sticker soon!!
^ Hope you get it soon! you should, they have been running strong since the 15th of August.

EStu

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST (on order)
2-28-22 - Ordered
3-1-22 - Confirmed
8-18-22 - Production Email week of 9-19-22
8-31-22 - Updated Production week of 9-5-22
9-2-22 - able to view window sticker

Only credits on the window sticker
-20 for Wifi hotspot credit
-55 for Hands-free lift gate

Looks like the seats are included - no credit and 1295 for the premium tech package

Ordered with the 401A and tech package no sunroof.