Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
I can tell you when I ordered my vehicle March 15th... I had the 1495 destination charge.

Mine says shipped and will be at my dealership sometime between June 3rd and 9th
I hope I'm not stuck in the same position as you because my baby is due in August and I kinda need this vehicle before then!

I can't believe Ford would be making you wait this long. What is the holdup? Are they waiting on recall parts? It's kind of ridiculous. And especially if you reorder the car it's not even the same build anymore! Does it have to do with where the vehicle is being delivered to?

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
I can tell you when I ordered my vehicle March 15th... I had the 1495 destination charge.

Mine says shipped and will be at my dealership sometime between June 3rd and 9th
I hope I'm not stuck in the same position as you because my baby is due in August and I kinda need this vehicle before then!

I can't believe Ford would be making you wait this long. What is the holdup? Are they waiting on recall parts? It's kind of ridiculous. And especially if you reorder the car it's not even the same build anymore! Does it have to do with where the vehicle is being delivered to?
Oh I won't be reordering. I just wanted to see what the process and details look like now....today.....almost 5 months later! I'll NEVER order through Ford again. This (and my wife's F350 order last year), have ruined the ordering experience forever for me.

I have ZERO idea why they won't ship. I thought because they were shipping lots of cars ordered in Oct/Nov/Dec timeframe....and mine was an 8 Jan order....so you know, got to wait my turn? But you saying you ordered yours March 15 (again, mine was ordered 8 Jan....BUILT ALREADY 14 March!)....and you're saying yours has shipped already? See, that's the crap that makes no sense to me. If you told me we have totally different packages or something....maybe there is SOME kind of explanation. But for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Mine is ready to ship. The recall is done at your dealer by programming the PCM to automatically turn on the electric parking brake when you shift into park (and....automatically....turning it off when you shift out of park AND apply gas). So no, it CAN NOT be the recall. They just won't ship it. It's had an "advanced shipping notice" on it since 15 March. I have an Order number through United Road. I see it will go by rail to McCalla AL (a suburb of Birmingham). From there, by truck to my dealer. IF.....IF....they would ever actually ship the damn thing.

Maybe it's like you said....I'm in small town Alabama, so they figure they can jerk me around several extra months? Maybe some priority on my dealer....or my order? Though I ordered with an A plan and my dealer assures me I have a high priority on my order....though I don't know the actual priority number.

Mine has said "built, we'll be arranging shipping in the next few days to a week".....ever since, the day after it got built....as in ever since 15 March. I check with Ford....check with my Dealer.....about every 2-3 days. Always "sorry....could be low volume issues.....could be high volume issues......could be......blah, blah". In other words, we have no REAL reason....we're just NOT SHIPPING to you anytime soon. Hunker down.....wait for Hell to freeze over or Christmas to come....which ever occurs first.

It's absolutely maddening. Which is why I have to get myself OUT of this vicious cycle and move on with my life................

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
TH the multicontour

Wow, I ordered on 2/28 and it still hasn't even been scheduled. It must be dealer allocations that drive the difference between some of these dates, otherwise it appear so random.

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
It must have something to do with dealers or location. That is the only thing I can think of. I followed the same steps you did so I will track and see when my vehicle makes it to south Florida. My vehicle is being transported to Miami and then from there to my dealership about 40 mins north. So I know the whole trucker shortage isn't going to be as affected in Miami area as it would be let's say in your area of Alabama. Also maybe they Dispatch vehicles from the plant once they get a certain number of vehicles for that location. I know you've looked at the dealership invoice things through that transport website. Do they have a lot of cars that are making it to your dealership?
I got two delivery notices for my dealership in my email today so they received 15 cars this morning.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
It must have something to do with dealers or location. That is the only thing I can think of. I followed the same steps you did so I will track and see when my vehicle makes it to south Florida. My vehicle is being transported to Miami and then from there to my dealership about 40 mins north. So I know the whole trucker shortage isn't going to be as affected in Miami area as it would be let's say in your area of Alabama. Also maybe they Dispatch vehicles from the plant once they get a certain number of vehicles for that location. I know you've looked at the dealership invoice things through that transport website. Do they have a lot of cars that are making it to your dealership?
I got two delivery notices for my dealership in my email today so they received 15 cars this morning.
My dealer is small town.....low volume. They've gotten a total of THREE vehicles since I started tracking their vehicles via the website. That might be part of this equation....what volume of cars they order/get? I know another small dealer in the area has an ST on order.....ordered BACK IN NOVEMBER. They still don't have theirs either. They go by rail right from the Chicago plant.....to our part of Alabama they go to McCalla, a suburb of Birmingham. Then by truck to the dealer. My vehicle has had an Advance Shipping Notice....complete with order number.....all these details about the HOW it will ship/come. But United Road is waiting on Ford to actually ship it. Apparently, mine must be buried on some back lot waiting for the next millennium to ship? Meanwhile, Stivers Ford in Montgomery....has several STs on the lot. And, they won't honor A plans for vehicles on the lot and have an "addendum"....bumping the cost of the same car I have order up by about 5-6,000 dollars! Won't be buying from them! But again, high volume dealer....and they have gotten their shipments (and sold to some on this board, too).

I love calling area dealers and knowing MORE than they do. "Wait, this has a recall". "It could be quite some time before we get parts in to fix and sell to you". No, silly goose....the recall fix is a program on the PCM. You can do that via software....in mere minutes. The fix has been out for some time now, silly boy. That's NOT an issue. "Oh, well not sure if Ford will let us sell with an A plan....you know.....some of these high end sport models they won't let us use an A plan". No, again....silly goose....I already have one contract with a vehicle waiting to ship (and waiting....and waiting....and waiting) using an A plan to buy it (if it would ever get here!).....and had another dealer in Michigan willing to sell with A plan...until they learned I was from out of state. No, silly boy....again, let me tell you how your job works. It's up to YOU....the Dealer, to decide if you'll sell me a car on the lot with an A plan......not Ford. "This vehicle is in transit". No, silly goose, it's PENDING shipment.....it's transit status is "inactive", per the tracking site. "How do you know that?". Because I have a brain....and I checked. And on and on.

amr19

Reactions
I'm on 7 months wait now. Ordered October and been still in production since November. Dealer can't get answers and are trying to push a second order through which should of been placed 2 months ago.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I got an email this morning saying my ST is scheduled for production the week of 7/11. Order was placed 4/29 and I was told it would be ~4-5 months from placing my order so about what I expected. So far what they have told me is lining up but long way to go.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I ordered a fully loaded ST on March 7

Scheduled for production June 20
Then changed to May 23
Then changed to May 30
Then changed again to May 23

Now I finally see the window sticker and it has (I was already afraid of) the Tech package less Multicontour seats.

This is actually the first time I see a window sticker without the Multicontour seats. Even dealer stock vehicles arrived lately still show Multicontour seats on the sticker.

I informed the dealer a month ago that I was willing to wait to get the massage seats as we planning to do long road trips and we really wanted those.

Now Ford just removes them when it initially was a removal for dealer stocks and not for retail orders? The price dropped $300 but the delivery increased & 200 from $1295 when I ordered to 1495 does it make sense? Total MSRP is now higher then when I ordered with multiple less features.

It is unacceptable and I think I will cancel the order. Very disappointing.

Blackoutsfl

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
‘22 Ford Explorer ST
@Ercanbluest i ordered mine a week after you and mine was built before yours and I am getting multicontour seats.

I really can't understand what Ford is doing.

Oh and my dealer told me it would be 3 months from order for me to get my vehicle. So if i get it beginning of June it puts me just under 3 months.

I don't understand. And I feel so bad for all of you

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
I ordered a fully loaded ST on March 7

Scheduled for production June 20
Then changed to May 23
Then changed to May 30
Then changed again to May 23

Now I finally see the window sticker and it has (I was already afraid of) the Tech package less Multicontour seats.

This is actually the first time I see a window sticker without the Multicontour seats. Even dealer stock vehicles arrived lately still show Multicontour seats on the sticker.

I informed the dealer a month ago that I was willing to wait to get the massage seats as we planning to do long road trips and we really wanted those.

Now Ford just removes them when it initially was a removal for dealer stocks and not for retail orders? The price dropped $300 but the delivery increased & 200 from $1295 when I ordered to 1495 does it make sense? Total MSRP is now higher then when I ordered with multiple less features.

It is unacceptable and I think I will cancel the order. Very disappointing.
Unfortunately, this tracks with the alarming things I saw when I went on the ordering process last night on the Ford website. They're removing things like the multicontour seats on special orders....even though supposedly they weren't going to do that.....and.....the prices have gone up....as has the destination fee (somewhat understandable on that....with diesel being what it is today!). Like I said earlier, I think the ordering process...and I didn't think this was possible given all the fiasco we've seen so far....but I think it's actually getting WORSE. I contacted my relatives "high up the food chain at Ford HQ", and they told me nothing they could do about my order. In fact, they too....were shocked....when I told them how long I've waited for an already built car to be shipped.

And then there's this. Today I contacted yet another dealer who has an ST on order (I've been contacting a bunch ....trying to find someone who wouldn't gouge me on price and honor an A plan).....and they told me they couldn't sell it to me because of the recall. Said they must wait for the part....a bolt to come in. I argued with them....said no, from what I've read.....they only plan on replacing the bolt....for now....IF IT BREAKS. They argued no, it's a Safety recall....they have to fix it. I argued back, NO....the bolt fix is ONLY for broken ones. The safety recall ...directed by the NTHSA....is the electronic brake application....which is a mere programming of the PCM. They argued no....and said no fix was available for the foreseeable future.

My point in telling folks all this....is in my mind, this is just another classic case where .....small dealer....they haven't got an ST yet...so they haven't had to deal with this....and it was a salesperson.....so in other words, I just think sadly....they're misinformed. I think when they finally get an ST in.....and finally try to sell it....put it in the computer....see that recall.....and actually go to try and "order parts", they'll see it's that software fix. I don't believe their claim that some dealers don't have an authorized fix yet. I believe the post I saw on this forum....from FordMatt i think his name is, where he posted the bulletin and talked about this under a post about bolt fractures....at one point, around 9 May I think....the fix was NOT out for everyone, but as of 11 May....I think he said the fix was now available to ALL dealers. I think anyway. Maybe I'm full of it.

But this same dealer said the vehicle was on the lot and they'd sell it if they could, but they couldn't because of the recall. I said that's interesting, cause I'm looking on the tracking sites...and your vehicle hasn't even shipped yet. In the end, they reluctantly admitted I was right....they didn't even have the vehicle. Again, I think MANY ON HERE...who have done their research....sadly, know as much or more than some of the folks you are dealing with at a Dealership. Pretty sad if true, and I think.....that is the case.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I vote we change the name of this thread to "Vent, Bitch, Whine and Moan". I have never seen a thread with so many hand-wringing, pearl-clutching bitchers in my life. Buy an ST and the engine or trans blows, I feel for you. That's different than self-absorbed, seemingly powerless people who complain they're being taken advantage of. GO BUY SOMETHING ELSE! I'm especially directing this to those who show up and write a novella three times a day about how either the dealer or Ford is purposely screwing you.

I used to travel for business a lot....and I could never understand when flights were delayed, or crew was unavailable that there would be a certain group of individuals lined up to the counter to literally scream at some poor customer service person who had absolutely no way to remedy the situation. And some of the posters on this thread evoke that same response in me- revulsion.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
I vote we change the name of this thread to "Vent, Bitch, Whine and Moan". I have never seen a thread with so many hand-wringing, pearl-clutching bitchers in my life. Buy an ST and the engine or trans blows, I feel for you. That's different than self-absorbed, seemingly powerless people who complain they're being taken advantage of. GO BUY SOMETHING ELSE! I'm especially directing this to those who show up and write a novella three times a day about how either the dealer or Ford is purposely screwing you.

I used to travel for business a lot....and I could never understand when flights were delayed, or crew was unavailable that there would be a certain group of individuals lined up to the counter to literally scream at some poor customer service person who had absolutely no way to remedy the situation. And some of the posters on this thread evoke that same response in me- revulsion.
Thanks for your enlightening us with your wisdom. So noted...............

here's a thought......if you don't like reading it................DON'T...............or as I tell people on the Motorcycle board I run....hit the IGNORE button on me, if you don't like reading my posts. There....fixed it for you........

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
@Ercanbluest i ordered mine a week after you and mine was built before yours and I am getting multicontour seats.

I really can't understand what Ford is doing.

Oh and my dealer told me it would be 3 months from order for me to get my vehicle. So if i get it beginning of June it puts me just under 3 months.

I don't understand. And I feel so bad for all of you
Thank you.

Maybe because mine has the twin panel moonroof and yours doesn't caused the delay.

And then they ran out of the multi contour cushions. So Ford credited $300 and put & 200 on the delivery charge so for $100 they saved me I can get a massage at the massage stand in the mall

This is the first time for me buying a brand new vehicle and special ordering as well but it has been a disappointment.

Hopefully you get yours quickly we are both from FL maybe ppl from FL getting quicker. I will try to get one at inventory with Multicontour or wait for 2023

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Well that was short lived… dealer called me today after getting my VIN/build date this morning and looks like ford pulled the technology package, 10.1” screen and MCS from my order. Probably going to let the car build and come in but don’t think I’ll actually purchase it. Guy told me a few other orders have recently been changed without notice. Really disappointing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
Thank you.

Maybe because mine has the twin panel moonroof and yours doesn't caused the delay.

And then they ran out of the multi contour cushions. So Ford credited $300 and put & 200 on the delivery charge so for $100 they saved me I can get a massage at the massage stand in the mall

This is the first time for me buying a brand new vehicle and special ordering as well but it has been a disappointment.

Hopefully you get yours quickly we are both from FL maybe ppl from FL getting quicker. I will try to get one at inventory with Multicontour or wait for 2023
i ordered mine 2/21, went into production 5/10, ordered without the moon-roof, but i got the multicontour seats. this further solidifies your theory on the moonroof causing delays.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
i ordered mine 2/21, went into production 5/10, ordered without the moon-roof, but i got the multicontour seats. this further solidifies your theory on the moonroof causing delays.
It's probably a combination of things. I ordered without the moonroof as well on 2/28 and it hasn't even been scheduled yet.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Most likely yes, I am very curious to see if all Explorers scheduled for production from now on will be produced without the massage seats. The sticker of @Blackoutsfl shows production date 05/05 and this is one of the last I saw with the multicontour seats on the sticker. Mine has 05/26 on sticker and no MCS anymore. Strange thing is, I have seen many dealer stock ST's, produced in April, With the MCS, while Ford stated before that all Fleet and Stock orders would be produced without that feature. They should have kept that promise and save the MCS for retail orders because those dealers don't seem very interested in selling. I saw the exact same car with the MCS listed yesterday only 30 miles away here in Miami, manufactured in April, but they are just waiting for someone to pay 10k over sticker. I offered them cash but no intention of selling. So I am not getting the car I want but dealers get to play around stealing people having that feature I need. It is quite unfair.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
5 weeks of Retail order Explorers being scheduled next week. Fingers crossed many of us get picked, and somehow some MCS's are included.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
My dealer says Ford is having a "Town Hall Meeting" for Dealers this coming week. He says one of the top topics listed on the Agenda.....is.....why the big delays on shipping Explorers. I'll be interested to hear/see if anything of value comes out of the meeting. But I'm not holding my breath for any real news or good news....either one..........

I went to Stivers Ford in Montgomery today (high volume dealer). They had quite a few ST's on their lot. Two Carbonized grey ones (one loaded, one not so much so), a red one, a white one, a black one and an Iconic Silver one. Was able to look at all the colors except the blue color and see them in person. I still like the Carbonized grey and red ones the best. Nope, couldn't buy one from them....they wanted well OVER MSRP......so I passed. They've had ones sitting on the lot for a couple of months now. So if you're willing to pay over MSRP, there are some at Stivers of Montgomery for the taking. They said they were buying them up from other Dealers and then selling them for above MSRP. Take it or leave it........... I indeed saw some other Car Dealer names stamped on the back of two of them.

In the morning, on our way to Stivers (we live quite a ways north of Montgomery out in the country on a Horse Ranch).....another Dealer over in Auburn called me. Said he had seen a contact from me on their internet sales that I was looking for an ST. He said he JUST got a white one in. So while at Stivers, having seen the white, we thought.....why not go look at theirs and see what kind of deal could be made? Who knows. On the drive there....about 3 hours after the earlier call from them, I called them to tell them I was on my way (about 60-70 miles). Too late, SOLD! Wow, that was quick................