Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I am starting to think part of this tracking thread needs to include the dealer priority code.. Mine being 19 I am sure hurt me

cmills

Reactions
I am starting to think part of this tracking thread needs to include the dealer priority code.. Mine being 19 I am sure hurt me
Mine was also 19. The dealer told me when I ordered on Nov 23rd that they already had orders allocated for Jan and Feb production so March was the earliest anticipated for me. My order was confirmed Nov 24th, and production scheduled 2/7 then moved up to 1/17 and was actually built 1/19. I ordered from a small-ish Alabama dealer, outside of the major metropolitan areas, where I grew up (bought my ‘17 fusion new using my mom’s dealer plan, known them half my life so I trust them). Very strange that yours had delayed so much. I’d think at the very least mine would be at the bottom of the list. I assumed from the beginning it’d be June before delivery based on supply chain issues but seeing everyone else get theirs gave me hope. I’m sure there are a ton of others who think the same. We’ll get them… eventually.

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Mine was also 19. The dealer told me when I ordered on Nov 23rd that they already had orders allocated for Jan and Feb production so March was the earliest anticipated for me. My order was confirmed Nov 24th, and production scheduled 2/7 then moved up to 1/17 and was actually built 1/19. I ordered from a small-ish Alabama dealer, outside of the major metropolitan areas, where I grew up (bought my ‘17 fusion new using my mom’s dealer plan, known them half my life so I trust them). Very strange that yours had delayed so much. I’d think at the very least mine would be at the bottom of the list. I assumed from the beginning it’d be June before delivery based on supply chain issues but seeing everyone else get theirs gave me hope. I’m sure there are a ton of others who think the same. We’ll get them… eventually.
Stivers Ford?

cmills

Reactions
Nope, but I do go there for oil changes lol. They’ve called me a couple times in recent months to trade my car but I was fairly certain they would charge me over MSRP. They actually have a decent size or inventory (surprisingly) just not quite what I wanted.

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Nope, but I do go there for oil changes lol. They’ve called me a couple times in recent months to trade my car but I was fairly certain they would charge me over MSRP. They actually have a decent size or inventory (surprisingly) just not quite what I wanted.
I was able to get 4% under invoice at the Montgomery store.

cmills

Reactions
I was able to get 4% under invoice at the Montgomery store.
Wow, I’m pleasantly surprised. I did look through their inventory for months leading up to when I decided to order. I found a ‘21 with everything I wanted going to Town and Country in Bessemer. Was delivered on 11/19, sold virtually the next day for over sticker.

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Wow, I’m pleasantly surprised. I did look through their inventory for months leading up to when I decided to order. I found a ‘21 with everything I wanted going to Town and Country in Bessemer. Was delivered on 11/19, sold virtually the next day for over sticker.
I did have to order it. Ordered in October and came the first week of January.

Reactions
11/6/21 - Order placed and confirmed. Priority Code 19
11/18/22 - Scheduled for production on 1/6/22
1/10ish/22 - I could view BCM module communication information, estimated delivery of 2/5/22
2/4/22 - Estimated delivery pushed out to 5/6/22
2/14/22 - Built

Hopefully it will be shipping in the next few days!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Looks like the trend in accelerating orders is helping.

Ordered 12/28
Production week March 7
Then Production week Feb 7
Then production week Jan 31
Then the plant closed :)

Just got an email it is built and expected at my dealer between tomorrow and Feb 16.

Woohoo!!!!

Tech package and sunroof.

Reactions
There must be some illogical formula ford uses for production order. I placed my order on 12/14 and have only received a confirmation. No build date yet, while others who ordered after that are reporting having theirs delivered. Seems like packages, priority codes, and everything else have little to do with order since I’ve seen a little bit of everything on here.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
There must be some illogical formula ford uses for production order. I placed my order on 12/14 and have only received a confirmation. No build date yet, while others who ordered after that are reporting having theirs delivered. Seems like packages, priority codes, and everything else have little to do with order since I’ve seen a little bit of everything on here.
My first one was ordered on the 28th of December is still pending shipping. My second one was ordered the 22nd of January… no VIN. The dealer messed up the first, but says my priority is 10 on the corrected version.

Hp2022

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Looks like the trend in accelerating orders is helping.

Ordered 12/28
Production week March 7
Then Production week Feb 7
Then production week Jan 31
Then the plant closed :)

Just got an email it is built and expected at my dealer between tomorrow and Feb 16.

Woohoo!!!!

Tech package and sunroof.
I ordered the week after you on 1/6, my dealer says its in production and the tracker shows in production with no date under it. I had the same build week of the 31st. Hoping I will see built this week or next week at the lastest. With this luck it probably wont. I am jealous! I got the same packages with side rails and in white. Keep us updated!

JANDJ

Reactions
I ordered the week after you on 1/6, my dealer says its in production and the tracker shows in production with no date under it. I had the same build week of the 31st. Hoping I will see built this week or next week at the lastest. With this luck it probably wont. I am jealous! I got the same packages with side rails and in white. Keep us updated!
This is what I (and it seems everyone else) don’t understand. I ordered 12/3, a full month prior, and not yet in production. I ordered one option (street pack) so it’s not parts availability. Are they just flipping a friggin coin???? Orders sent today should be built before those sent tomorrow, and those built before Friday’s . Mentioned before, this stuff has me almost wanting to tell Ford stick your Explorer up your ass and moving on to something else.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to why some process much faster than others. I'm guesing when backlog parts come in they have a choice of gong back and retrofitting one that is sitting or rolling one off the line complete. The backlog of parked incomplete vehicles seems to be pretty big accross all car makers.

Hp2022

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
This is what I (and it seems everyone else) don’t understand. I ordered 12/3, a full month prior, and not yet in production. I ordered one option (street pack) so it’s not parts availability. Are they just flipping a friggin coin???? Orders sent today should be built before those sent tomorrow, and those built before Friday. Mentioned before, this stuff has me almost wanting to tell Ford stick your Explorer up your ass and move on to something else.
I honestly have not found an explanation to their logic. I know that dealers get a certain amount of allocation and you're assigned a certain priority code on the order, mine was a 10. A 10 is the highest you can get for customer orders. I also ordered using my x-plan but not sure if that even makes a difference. I would assume the larger the dealer, the more allocations and the higher the priority. I have gotten the emails that my production was 3/7 and was moved to 1/31. My tracker update to in production with no date. I called my dealer and said I have no date under in production so what's going on and all he tells me is that its "in production-sent to plant". I would love to be given a bit more info where my car sits in que and where its at exactly in the production phase. Do you have a date under in production? What about window sticker?

Reactions
Yeah I think the priority plays a large part in things. I ordered from a smaller dealer so I'm sure they don't have the clout some of the mega chains do to push orders through. I'm sure money talks, but I'm saving money this way so I'm ok waiting.

Meanwhile mine is showing in production with no date and I have a window sticker, hoping any time now! Ordered November 17th.

JANDJ

Reactions
I honestly have not found an explanation to their logic. I know that dealers get a certain amount of allocation and you're assigned a certain priority code on the order, mine was a 10. A 10 is the highest you can get for customer orders. I also ordered using my x-plan but not sure if that even makes a difference. I would assume the larger the dealer, the more allocations and the higher the priority. I have gotten the emails that my production was 3/7 and was moved to 1/31. My tracker update to in production with no date. I called my dealer and said I have no date under in production so what's going on and all he tells me is that its "in production-sent to plant". I would love to be given a bit more info where my car sits in que and where its at exactly in the production phase. Do you have a date under in production? What about window sticker?
Production date is now February 24, but it’s been moved all over the months of March and February, so not counting on it. Also, no window sticker either. I ordered from what I think is a pretty high volume dealer (Stivers in Alabama).

Hp2022

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Production date is now February 24, but it’s been moved all over the months of March and February, so not counting on it. Also, no window sticker either. I ordered from what I think is a pretty high volume dealer (Stivers in Alabama).
That is complete bull if you ask me. If I was you, I'd be on someone 24/7 till I hear what I want to hear which is this is what's happening to my car. Have you tried corporate? The fact you have no window sticker isn't surprising as I have seen many people lose there's during the tracking.

JANDJ

Reactions
That is complete bull if you ask me. If I was you, I'd be on someone 24/7 till I hear what I want to hear which is this is what's happening to my car. Have you tried corporate? The fact you have no window sticker isn't surprising as I have seen many people lose there's during the tracking.
Agree, and I wouldn’t have minded waiting say 180 days to get it, provided those who ordered the day after me then waiting their 180 days, and so on. So it’s not so much the wait anymore, it’s the randomness where some folks seem to be ordering and then it’s in their garage 7-8 weeks later. I don’t want to receive my 2022 a month before 2023s start being ordered and built .

Hp2022

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Agree, and I wouldn’t have minded waiting say 180 days to get it, provided those who ordered the day after me then waiting their 180 days, and so on. So it’s not so much the wait anymore, it’s the randomness where some folks seem to be ordering and then it’s in their garage 7-8 weeks later. I don’t want to receive my 2022 a month before 2023s start being ordered and built .
That was my next concern, how close am is my car going to come in to being a 2023? If they gave me a legitimate time line that I could expect my car then may be I would be more amenable to waiting for as long as they say it will be. But with very little updates and information given and leaving us all up in the air scratching our heads bugs the hell out of me. Thankfully I bought my other car and my family has bought cars from the same salesman so he waived the deposit for me for the order. If I had a deposit, I would be even more aggravated to say the least.

Explorer ST Posts