Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Their website is so drastically different between PC and mobile... when i search mine, i get "Individual | Inactive " Under dates I only have Created, and its the same date i got my window sticker.

So if in the mobile view, I go into order history, then view. then go to modifications, the most recent entry is from 11/23, and says Railcar change to GTW XXXXXX

On a pc, i cant find that info. Oddly, they have it listed as light blue as well in both versions.

I'd bet your 11/26 date is when it arrived at the rail yard, not at the dealer.

View attachment 8664

Im guessing the rest of those are when the truck is supposed to get your car, when they do, then the actual delivery date and the estimate.
Yeah there is a lot more information on the non-mobile version of the site. In fact, I can tract all the cars that are being delivered to Chapman. Kinda weird. But my dealer sent me a screenshot the other day and on 11/21 my car was in Ohio. So I am not sure if it's been transferred by rail at all. Would be weird to drive from Chicago and get through some parts of Ohio, then get on a train.

Or now that I am thinking about. Maybe it is rail to Delaware, then truck from Delaware to Chapman? Seems weird to say convoy then on the window sticker when by far it was mostly a rail transported car.

Needless to say, I definitely don't think its at the dealer yet after looking at the website on my computer.

Reactions
No shipped updates yet and No other real updates at the moment other than the window sticker print date updated again to today 11/27. I'm only mentioning this because when the print date changes usually something is happens pretty soon after, but I have no idea at the moment.. Hopefully, we will get a shipping update. The VIN is not coming up on any of the tracking sites yet either which is expected with the holiday

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
No shipped updates yet and No other real updates at the moment other than the window sticker print date updated again to today 11/27. I'm only mentioning this because when the print date changes usually something is happens pretty soon after, but I have no idea at the moment.. Hopefully, we will get a shipping update. The VIN is not coming up on any of the tracking sites yet either which is expected with the holiday
Have you tried the site that looks at the modules or whatever they’re called? The computer modules go online when the car has been built. The website is linked around here somewhere.

Reactions
Have you tried the site that looks at the modules or whatever they’re called? The computer modules go online when the car has been built. The website is linked around here somewhere.
Yeah, it was finished last week on monday...just awaiting shipping

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah, it was finished last week on monday...just awaiting shipping
Ohh gotcha. Yeah I think everything was just slowed down from the holiday. Mine was in Ohio via rail I believe 11/21 and than yesterday 11/26 arrived to Delaware, off rail and waiting truck transport to the dealer.

Reactions
I’ve been following this forum. My blend date was 11/24. I had an email stating my build was going to happen the week of the 27th. I just received an email 30 minutes ago saying my build is now completed. The tracker page still reflects the truck is still in production. Now it gives me an estimated delivery at my dealership (in Pennsylvania) between 12/16 and 12/22!

Reactions
Ohh gotcha. Yeah I think everything was just slowed down from the holiday. Mine was in Ohio via rail I believe 11/21 and than yesterday 11/26 arrived to Delaware, off rail and waiting truck transport to the dealer.
Nice. There is no information on any of the tracking sites listed earlier in this thread for our order yet. I'll give it a few days into next week before I contact the dealer. It is weird the window sticker date changed after it was supposedly finished 6 days ago

BeefStew

Reactions
New to the forums after lurking a while… I had a 2018 Explorer sport, when the lease was up I bought a Audi Q5….. missed my explorer sport so I ordered a 2022 Explorer ST last week (the wife can have the Audi haha)… excited but realize I have a while to wait… Hi!

Anthony

Gantell

Reactions
Yeah there is a lot more information on the non-mobile version of the site. In fact, I can tract all the cars that are being delivered to Chapman. Kinda weird. But my dealer sent me a screenshot the other day and on 11/21 my car was in Ohio. So I am not sure if it's been transferred by rail at all. Would be weird to drive from Chicago and get through some parts of Ohio, then get on a train.

Or now that I am thinking about. Maybe it is rail to Delaware, then truck from Delaware to Chapman? Seems weird to say convoy then on the window sticker when by far it was mostly a rail transported car.

Needless to say, I definitely don't think its at the dealer yet after looking at the website on my computer.
If it says Convoy on the window sticker then it is going all the way by truck. It will say Rail on the window sticker if it is being shipped by train.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
If it says Convoy on the window sticker then it is going all the way by truck. It will say Rail on the window sticker if it is being shipped by train.
That’s what I thought. But under the unitedroad tracking site, I was finally able to make an account. I went under more details for my vin and there were mentions of “rail” in the steps it took as far as transportation goes. Making me think it was rail then, partly at least. But I initially had the same thinking as you. Still may be true but im thinking different now.

Reactions
That is not a accurate statement. There are many people having vehicles delivered differently than what is placed on the window sticker. This has been discussed on several other ford specific forums. I know ours has CONVOY, but I know for a fact it is being transported via RAIL a majority of the the trip out west then trucked to the dealer.

Reactions
That is not a accurate statement. There are many people having vehicles delivered differently than what is placed on the window sticker. This has been discussed on several other ford specific forums. I know ours has CONVOY, but I know for a fact it is being transported via RAIL a majority of the the trip out west then trucked to the dealer.
That seems to be the case with mine. Window sticker says convoy, but I have the traincar number for my car. Norfolk southern rail to the yard in DE then United trucking from there to dealer.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Mine is still showing in production (blend date was yesterday so this week?) but just for kicks I checked the shipping sites. One of them has mine as pending in MN so I'm guessing rail from Chicago to MN and then truck to ND. If they have the shipping info, I'm hoping that means it's almost done and getting ready to ship out this week.

Reactions
Mine is still showing in production (blend date was yesterday so this week?) but just for kicks I checked the shipping sites. One of them has mine as pending in MN so I'm guessing rail from Chicago to MN and then truck to ND. If they have the shipping info, I'm hoping that means it's almost done and getting ready to ship out this week.
What shipping sites did you check?

Reactions
Reactions
What shipping sites did you check?
Mine is still showing in production as well, but under the United Road site, it pulls up under the VIN. It doesn't show an order ID number so not sure if it has shipped or not. Is there anywhere that could tell me that?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Mine is still showing in production as well, but under the United Road site, it pulls up under the VIN. It doesn't show an order ID number so not sure if it has shipped or not. Is there anywhere that could tell me that?
Mine showed up on united road before it was actually shipped. I could never make an account with united road site either until a few days ago. I am now able to track my car. Not sure where the change was though.

Reactions

so others don’t need to sort through to find this info…
My vehicle was built about 2 weeks ago. It’s never showed on any of those sites. I received confirmation from my dealer that it’s been delivered to a rail yard about 30 miles from my house (and dealership). Soon!