Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

okayestwhitebelt

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Awesome. Let us know how you like that color... I love how it seems to change colors depending on the light!

Also, I'm kind of amazed they installed the diff brace for you! Good for you!
I love the color. I definitely does seem to change depending on the light sometimes it looks green sometimes gray. I searched specifically for this color. It was a long wait but in the end I think it was worth it. I’ve yet to see another green one on the road.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Finally picking up my new '23 ST today. Trading in my 2020, I've had very few issues with it since day one. It was a good one, no doubt.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Finally picking up my new '23 ST today. Trading in my 2020, I've had very few issues with it since day one. It was a good one, no doubt.
Welcome to the forum.

MGGM

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I received a call from my dealer that the Aviator he had reserved for me that was in Chicago unexpectedly arrived at the dealership. Originally he had anticipated December. I was concerned with the strike in Chicago that may hinder them fixing/delivering the vehicles sitting there but seems they are being fixed/delivered. I asked if the camera issue was corrected and he stated it would have had to have been otherwise they would not have shipped it. I am going to have the dealership, him and I all take a good look before I decide to take it since it sat outside but I thought it was good news so wanted to share. Insofar as my dad's ST sitting inside the Ford dealership the wait continues for his fix. In fact yesterday after I took him for his iron infusion he stated well I guess it's another day I am driving the Edge - so he is still keeping some humor to all this waiting. Here is hoping we continue to see more and more folks getting their rides!

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
I received a call from my dealer that the Aviator he had reserved for me that was in Chicago unexpectedly arrived at the dealership. Originally he had anticipated December. I was concerned with the strike in Chicago that may hinder them fixing/delivering the vehicles sitting there but seems they are being fixed/delivered. I asked if the camera issue was corrected and he stated it would have had to have been otherwise they would not have shipped it. I am going to have the dealership, him and I all take a good look before I decide to take it since it sat outside but I thought it was good news so wanted to share. Insofar as my dad's ST sitting inside the Ford dealership the wait continues for his fix. In fact yesterday after I took him for his iron infusion he stated well I guess it's another day I am driving the Edge - so he is still keeping some humor to all this waiting. Here is hoping we continue to see more and more folks getting their rides!
Thanks for sharing. Did you notice of your dashboard was updated or did it stay stuck on “in production “. ?

MGGM

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thanks for sharing. Did you notice of your dashboard was updated or did it stay stuck on “in production “. ?
Sorry - never looked at my dashboard -not even sure I had one as the salesman just told me he reserved it and it just showed up.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Mine was updated throughout the way, but it was one with the 360 camera deleted. I did get a call yesterday from another Ford dealer I was working with that had 3 ST's on the lot with the camera recall. They were sitting for months waiting for the new parts. They received the parts this week and all 3 they have on the lot can be sold now. So, things seem to be moving.

SparWars

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Friday the 13th. My dealer track the vehicle from Chicago to Dearborn. Ford posted complete on 9/29. "Delivery in days to a week" on the website. Ford says it is released. Trucking Co says not released. Ford says it is in Chicago. I'm a snowbird to Florida 10/29.

Dealer is working full time tracking this thing down.

But.

3/10 order. Build 4/25. Out of production 9/29

Crickets.

SparWars

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
UPDATE: I am picking up my ST today. It had been stuck in production since May 3rd. Just confirmed with the salesman that it has the full 360 camera.
Where are you?

SparWars

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I love the color. I definitely does seem to change depending on the light sometimes it looks green sometimes gray. I searched specifically for this color. It was a long wait but in the end I think it was worth it. I’ve yet to see another green one on the road.
I'm waiting for my Green one. Blue and Red stitching?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST (on order)
Hi all,

Long time listener, first time caller. First of all i want to thank everyone for their input on this forum as i have been watching it religiously since i found it about 3 months ago. I ordered an ST back in the winter and the order was 'confirmed' on march 16. At the time the salesman said i should expect 6 months build time. I was pleasantly surprised when the tracker put the vehicle as 'scheduled for production week of 5/1'. Tracker showed into production on 5/3 from which point i received absolutely zero updates (aside from the BS 45 day emails, which IMO did more harm than good cause they blamed supply chain). I was also able to view my window sticker and on advice from this forum, i believe my vehicle was actually being built on or around April 25, but i have since lost access to the window sticker as many others have reported in the last several weeks. So it was all quiet and in the dark until 10/02, when status all of a sudden went to 'Built'. I am a bit curious as to why my status went to 'Built' on 10/02 since my understanding was the UAW strike had taken effect in Chicago by that time, where i suspect my vehicle was sitting. Either way, that status change brought a little excitement. Over the summer, i contacted the salesman and ford corporate multiple times. In all of those instances, i knew more information about my vehicle (from this forum) than anyone i spoke to at Ford, unless they were just bold face lying to me. At this point, nothing has changed since 10/02. It seems there are at least several others who shared the same May 3rd date where the build stalled out (although i understand that lines up around the recall date as well). Wondering if i should expect a surprise update that the vehicle is in at the dealership soon, or if the continuation of the UAW strike has my vehicle still stuck in limbo. Has anyone been surprised over the last week by receiving their vehicle? Thanks in advance

SparWars

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hi all,

Long time listener, first time caller. First of all i want to thank everyone for their input on this forum as i have been watching it religiously since i found it about 3 months ago. I ordered an ST back in the winter and the order was 'confirmed' on march 16. At the time the salesman said i should expect 6 months build time. I was pleasantly surprised when the tracker put the vehicle as 'scheduled for production week of 5/1'. Tracker showed into production on 5/3 from which point i received absolutely zero updates (aside from the BS 45 day emails, which IMO did more harm than good cause they blamed supply chain). I was also able to view my window sticker and on advice from this forum, i believe my vehicle was actually being built on or around April 25, but i have since lost access to the window sticker as many others have reported in the last several weeks. So it was all quiet and in the dark until 10/02, when status all of a sudden went to 'Built'. I am a bit curious as to why my status went to 'Built' on 10/02 since my understanding was the UAW strike had taken effect in Chicago by that time, where i suspect my vehicle was sitting. Either way, that status change brought a little excitement. Over the summer, i contacted the salesman and ford corporate multiple times. In all of those instances, i knew more information about my vehicle (from this forum) than anyone i spoke to at Ford, unless they were just bold face lying to me. At this point, nothing has changed since 10/02. It seems there are at least several others who shared the same May 3rd date where the build stalled out (although i understand that lines up around the recall date as well). Wondering if i should expect a surprise update that the vehicle is in at the dealership soon, or if the continuation of the UAW strike has my vehicle still stuck in limbo. Has anyone been surprised over the last week by receiving their vehicle? Thanks in advance

Mine was in production 4/25 and posted 5/4. It was finished 9/29.

What happened to get it finished is it was moved to Dearborn from Chicago for the camera installation. It then was supposed to be picked up by United Road for delivery. My dealer has been all over this to get it moving to northern Michigan. I'm supposed to have it Friday.

Ford people say it is still in Chicago. It is not. The dealer can follow it via its GPS.

It is now moved to near Flat Rock @ United Road.

I'm leaving for Florida a week later!

SparWars

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

What happened to get it finished is it was moved to Dearborn from Chicago for the camera installation. It then was supposed to be picked up by United Road for delivery. My dealer has been all over this to get it moving to northern Michigan. I'm supposed to have it Friday.

Ford people say it is still in Chicago. It is not. The dealer can follow it via its GPS.

Attachments

JSal1105

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hi all,

I have pretty much identical dates to you and i absolutely cannot get an update on my car at all. They just keep kicking the can moving out the ETA week by week. My salesman said that his "logistics" screen just says "TBD" for the ETA and his other screen says the recall was fixed, i'm thinking the camera BS was fixed. But nope we are past limbo and stuck in hell at this point. Hindsight, all of us who ordered our cars in the beginning of the year, could have ordered new builds with the 360 cam delete in July and would have definitely received that one by now. God forbid anyone at the dealership would have told us that. If i get any promising details, i'll share here.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST (on order)
very inter

Wow interesting, so if i call my salesman up and request that he tracks the car's location, he should be able to give me a material update? Good luck getting the car before you leave!

JSal1105 - agree with "hell" at this point, its insanity. Honestly, if i knew i could get a really good discount, i would wait until January for delivery because all of the wind has already been taken out of my sails... What's another ~3 months at this point anyway? The one silver lining is that the salesman swears that i've locked in the financing rates from Late February and rates got significantly higher throughout the year, so in some sense it will pay (a little bit) to stay with my order rather than to have ordered a new example in august.

I live in Long Island NY and STs are pretty common. When i ordered mine, there were 3 or 4 on the lot i could have drove away with (this was well before recall date) and there were probably 6 other dealerships within driving distance that i could have shopped too. There was only one solitary reason that i ordered my ST and that was to get the 2nd row bench seat instead of captains chairs. They literally could not find a ST with bench within any reasonable distance... seems there is no significant market for them here, so I'm curious if that will give me any additional leverage

SparWars

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I have pretty much identical dates to you and i absolutely cannot get an update on my car at all. They just keep kicking the can moving out the ETA week by week. My salesman said that his "logistics" screen just says "TBD" for the ETA and his other screen says the recall was fixed, i'm thinking the camera BS was fixed. But nope we are past limbo and stuck in hell at this point. Hindsight, all of us who ordered our cars in the beginning of the year, could have ordered new builds with the 360 cam delete in July and would have definitely received that one by now. God forbid anyone at the dealership would have told us that. If i get any promising details, i'll share here.
Ask the dealer to look at the tracker. I will add that the battery probably was dead for a while. I was built 5/4 and sat until 9/29.

King7878

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
It's funny that as of this morning my wheels show no recall. Yesterday it had camera recall. There may be hope for a November delivery.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I feel like you're all dealing with a clusterf***.
- Production delays from not having good supply the last few years
- Backups from popularity
- Recalls that span multiple years that are now somehow classified as safety concerns (like seat belts/airbags)
- A labor strike which can cause union shippers to not cross lines
- Management trying to cover for lengthy delays and do the work of line workers
- The manufacturer trying to delay building new vehicles that they know they might have to recall but don't have a solution for yet
(Why would you rush to ship a car you know has to come right back and maybe replace a subframe for?)

I have great sympathy for you all, and hope that those of us without issues do not develop them.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
It's funny that as of this morning my wheels show no recall. Yesterday it had camera recall. There may be hope for a November delivery.
Mine did that too...
...as a sidenote, for Canadian customers who are wondering about expired credits for taking late delivery, or switching to another car, Ford has extended that until January of 2024.

SparWars

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Update: mine will be on a truck today! From Flatrock, Michigan.