Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Recall 23S23 360 Degree Camera Stop Sale

King7878

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
My vehicle was a May 5/23 biuld. It seems that ford has stopped sales of any vehicle that had the 360 camera. They are still being manufactured but at a slower rate, I suspect that the vehicles that are coming of the line are low end models only since. I'd suspect the line retool for 2024 models will happen at the end of August. If not started already. The storage lots for all the orders are probably full of custom orders with the upper interior stripped down or not installed waiting for the camera gear to show up. By the end of August I think we will have enough info to see when vehicles start to move on transport to dealers.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My vehicle was a May 5/23 biuld. It seems that ford has stopped sales of any vehicle that had the 360 camera. They are still being manufactured but at a slower rate, I suspect that the vehicles that are coming of the line are low end models only since. I'd suspect the line retool for 2024 models will happen at the end of August. If not started already. The storage lots for all the orders are probably full of custom orders with the upper interior stripped down or not installed waiting for the camera gear to show up. By the end of August I think we will have enough info to see when vehicles start to move on transport to dealers.
Sure hope you're right! I ordered on 3/31/23. Ford is telling me my expected delivery is 8/27-9/2, but with the official language of the permanent fix "estimated" to be available in Q4... can't say that's comforting. The potential for this to be pushed into 2024 is real. But I'm also a pessimist :)

OnePiece91

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
So I met with the dealerships manager today. I got a few options laid out to me.

1: we continue waiting for god knows how long for this recall to be fixed but the all father Ford is willing to pay our monthly payments till then.
2: We order a new 2023 vehicle that does not have the recall as the ones rolling off the line are being fixed (apparently a hardwire issue In the tail gate). But we will have to pay 1,000$ either out of pocket or added onto our finance because there was some rebate ford was giving us for the recall issue and now that the new ones will be fixed that 1,000$ rebate no longer exists.
3: The dealership is getting literally the exact same care we purchased months ago delivered to the lot on the 18th and we can swap for that one. Same pricing with the rebate since this one won’t have the issue they are gonna make us tack on the 1k.

I then asked if the vehicle coming in will for sure not have a recall and we can drive off with it once it gets processed and I was assured that it will be drivable. So I told the manager that I will take that one. So then comes the topic of this bs rebate. Now normally It wouldn’t bother me to pay 1000$ to get a car, BUT after all the crap we have all been through why the hell are we having to pay more for being inconvenienced. It doesn’t make sense. I get that the offer is no longer valid but wouldn’t you think they would just waive it?? I don’t know car sales but if ford is willing to pay my monthly payments for waiting but not just cover the 1k? Why? So the dealer then starts this guilt trip type tactic saying “well we took a hit too, we gave you many rebates and discounts that no longer apply but we are going to (and this is what he said) eat the difference in that, the car you traded us has also been driven more so it’s value technically has decreased (after this same person told me not to worry about me driving the vehicle we traded to them until we get our ST delivered)” he also was saying “well it’s just 1,000$ it’s a small amount that shouldn’t be worried about too much” so at this point I’m getting frustrated and my pregnant wife starts chiming in mentioning that you know, she’s pregnant and we wouldn’t mind dishing out 1k for their bullshit fee but seeing as we are also trying to save for a child we aren’t wanting to spend or pay more if we don’t need to. My wife mentions that she felt we shouldn’t have to pay that fee since non of this is our fault and the dealerships management groomed us to say yes to the paper work the day we purchased. It was just a fricking nightmare y’all. I told him to just add it to my financing. I get the dealerships concern about the trade in and I get the rebate thing but come on, don’t guilt trip us with that crap. Just tell me the promotion or whatever is no longer valid so we may have to pay some of the differences. Then with that haven’t we been inconvenienced enough? If ford is willing to pay my payments then why not this 1k he kept throwing in my face. So I agreed to the inbound and Monday I go in to finalize more paperwork apparently. I’m sorry but eff ford and I’m never buying or recommending ford to anyone after this crap. Good night y’all

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
The recall states the build dates October 19, 2018 through May 2, 2023 are the ones with camera problems. So please explain how I’m “not exactly correct”
Because, if you had followed all of this, and taken a moment to do some due diligence in the thought process, you would have realized that there are tens of thousands of cars sitting in Chicago, unshipped, waiting on a fix. The reason that it says “until May 2nd” is that anything built that week or beyond has no 360 parts and is entirely on a stop ship. Same fix needed, or sub for 360 delete. Cars held in purgatory by Ford until it is done. They don’t need to tell dealerships to not deliver a customer car, if the dealership does not have the car in the first place.

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
So I met with the dealerships manager today. I got a few options laid out to me.

1: we continue waiting for god knows how long for this recall to be fixed but the all father Ford is willing to pay our monthly payments till then.
2: We order a new 2023 vehicle that does not have the recall as the ones rolling off the line are being fixed (apparently a hardwire issue In the tail gate). But we will have to pay 1,000$ either out of pocket or added onto our finance because there was some rebate ford was giving us for the recall issue and now that the new ones will be fixed that 1,000$ rebate no longer exists.
3: The dealership is getting literally the exact same care we purchased months ago delivered to the lot on the 18th and we can swap for that one. Same pricing with the rebate since this one won’t have the issue they are gonna make us tack on the 1k.

I then asked if the vehicle coming in will for sure not have a recall and we can drive off with it once it gets processed and I was assured that it will be drivable. So I told the manager that I will take that one. So then comes the topic of this bs rebate. Now normally It wouldn’t bother me to pay 1000$ to get a car, BUT after all the crap we have all been through why the hell are we having to pay more for being inconvenienced. It doesn’t make sense. I get that the offer is no longer valid but wouldn’t you think they would just waive it?? I don’t know car sales but if ford is willing to pay my monthly payments for waiting but not just cover the 1k? Why? So the dealer then starts this guilt trip type tactic saying “well we took a hit too, we gave you many rebates and discounts that no longer apply but we are going to (and this is what he said) eat the difference in that, the car you traded us has also been driven more so it’s value technically has decreased (after this same person told me not to worry about me driving the vehicle we traded to them until we get our ST delivered)” he also was saying “well it’s just 1,000$ it’s a small amount that shouldn’t be worried about too much” so at this point I’m getting frustrated and my pregnant wife starts chiming in mentioning that you know, she’s pregnant and we wouldn’t mind dishing out 1k for their bullshit fee but seeing as we are also trying to save for a child we aren’t wanting to spend or pay more if we don’t need to. My wife mentions that she felt we shouldn’t have to pay that fee since non of this is our fault and the dealerships management groomed us to say yes to the paper work the day we purchased. It was just a fricking nightmare y’all. I told him to just add it to my financing. I get the dealerships concern about the trade in and I get the rebate thing but come on, don’t guilt trip us with that crap. Just tell me the promotion or whatever is no longer valid so we may have to pay some of the differences. Then with that haven’t we been inconvenienced enough? If ford is willing to pay my payments then why not this 1k he kept throwing in my face. So I agreed to the inbound and Monday I go in to finalize more paperwork apparently. I’m sorry but eff ford and I’m never buying or recommending ford to anyone after this crap. Good night y’all

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
I NEED A DRINK AFTER THAT!. hope its for the best!

OnePiece91

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I NEED A DRINK AFTER THAT!. hope its for the best!
Yeah it was a lot but I wanted to share how much bs this is and that our dealer doesn’t seem to care. They kept trying to make us feel guilty and my pregnant wife was pretty close to going off on the guy lol

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Yeah it was a lot but I wanted to share how much bs this is and that our dealer doesn’t seem to care. They kept trying to make us feel guilty and my pregnant wife was pretty close to going off on the guy lol
I remember the days when we could go to a dealership and have our pick of vehicles and deals.. sure do miss that

BIG ACH

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer Sport
I tried contacting another dealer in the Orlando area this morning and this is the response I received:

This a on going issue on this as there was no answer from Ford for a couple weeks now. I will check with my service team tomorrow once they reopen to get an updated answer and hopefully we can start selling ST's again.

Man, just take my freaking money and give me the car lol

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
I tried contacting another dealer in the Orlando area this morning and this is the response I received:

This a on going issue on this as there was no answer from Ford for a couple weeks now. I will check with my service team tomorrow once they reopen to get an updated answer and hopefully we can start selling ST's again.

Man, just take my freaking money and give me the car lol
.. if you have any luck let me know. I want to get off this roller coaster too!

okayestwhitebelt

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Kinda funny how each dealer makes up their own answers. My dealer had a recall free unit coming in only difference was $200 floor mats which I was definitely willing to eat the difference on. Mine told me since I’ve already made payments they can’t switch the financing paperwork. I kinda shrugged it off because they are the ones bleeding money and I was the one trying to help them. They are reimbursing me for my payments each month but also have me in a 23 Mach-E. Which I’ve already put almost 5k miles on since May…

The fact that they wanted $1000 out of you is ridiculous. Should tell ‘em you changed your mind and you’ll keep driving the trade in unit and devaluing it further until your original car comes in because financially it’s not worth $1000 to you and your new family see if that changes his attitude. Your dealer sounds pretty scummy.

Reactions
Vehicle
23 Ford Explorer
Hi all, new to this forum. I ordered my 23 King Ranch Explorer on April 1. Was set to be built June 5, then delayed until Jul 19. It went into production July 19, but no movement at all on the status dashboard since that 19th update. I received the 45 day letter stating it hasn't been built yet, after the 19th. However, if you search the VIN on google, it comes up as in transit. Thinking mine is one of the lucky Explorers sitting in the Chicago Speedway lot. Dealer has made no mention at all about a Stop Sale, I found that online and through the valuable info on this board. I did email salesman about it and all he responded today is that "you are built and we are showing it should be at the dealership between 8-24-8-30". He mentioned not one word about the "stop sale" I pointedly asked him about. Transparency goes a long way. I would rather hear the truth upfront than hear another delay when it's supposed to be at dealership.

Anyone else hear anything new?

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Hi all, new to this forum. I ordered my 23 King Ranch Explorer on April 1. Was set to be built June 5, then delayed until Jul 19. It went into production July 19, but no movement at all on the status dashboard since that 19th update. I received the 45 day letter stating it hasn't been built yet, after the 19th. However, if you search the VIN on google, it comes up as in transit. Thinking mine is one of the lucky Explorers sitting in the Chicago Speedway lot. Dealer has made no mention at all about a Stop Sale, I found that online and through the valuable info on this board. I did email salesman about it and all he responded today is that "you are built and we are showing it should be at the dealership between 8-24-8-30". He mentioned not one word about the "stop sale" I pointedly asked him about. Transparency goes a long way. I would rather hear the truth upfront than hear another delay when it's supposed to be at dealership.

Anyone else hear anything new?
You may be able to confirm that through ford chat if you have the VIN

MT3538

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Well,

since we received our ST, we have ran into a number of problems. None of which relate to the recall.
1) the screen randomly flickers in and out. I thought I was just seeing things because I’d see it out of the corner of my eye but it does indeed flicker in and out. It never fully goes out, just flickers.
2) the ACC system works but will sometimes “lose” the car infront of it and starts flooring it to get up to the set speed and about rams into the car in front but will then pick up the vehicle again and put on the brakes hard.
3) the lane keep continuously loses the lines. It can be the most perfectly painted lines and it can’t find them.
4) When it does find the lines, it will aid in lane keeping by putting you in the opposite lane. I tested its several times on a road (of course I was the only one on this road) and it would cross the yellow center line then realize it’s over and go all the way to right until it crosses the white line and then it’s back across the yellow line.

all of these systems worked perfect on both the loaner XLTs we used while waiting for the ST so I know how they should operate. This is just odd for this many systems to have issues. If the ACC calibration is the same as when I installed it on my 16 F150 XLT, I will try to see if a re-calibration will fix that. As for the rest, I guess it’s back to the dealer after the recall has a permanent fix.

but I will say, that rear view and 360 camera works like a charm, no issues there

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Well,

since we received our ST, we have ran into a number of problems. None of which relate to the recall.
1) the screen randomly flickers in and out. I thought I was just seeing things because I’d see it out of the corner of my eye but it does indeed flicker in and out. It never fully goes out, just flickers.
2) the ACC system works but will sometimes “lose” the car infront of it and starts flooring it to get up to the set speed and about rams into the car in front but will then pick up the vehicle again and put on the brakes hard.
3) the lane keep continuously loses the lines. It can be the most perfectly painted lines and it can’t find them.
4) When it does find the lines, it will aid in lane keeping by putting you in the opposite lane. I tested its several times on a road (of course I was the only one on this road) and it would cross the yellow center line then realize it’s over and go all the way to right until it crosses the white line and then it’s back across the yellow line.

all of these systems worked perfect on both the loaner XLTs we used while waiting for the ST so I know how they should operate. This is just odd for this many systems to have issues. If the ACC calibration is the same as when I installed it on my 16 F150 XLT, I will try to see if a re-calibration will fix that. As for the rest, I guess it’s back to the dealer after the recall has a permanent fix.

but I will say, that rear view and 360 camera works like a charm, no issues there
I had a similar issue on my Edge with the ACC and lane keep… it would also slam on the brakes if someone two lanes over would be stopping or exiting, and thought that it was in the lane when the line was going down the middle of the hood. The dealership ended up changing the camera (wrong pn was installed if you can believe that), and it was fine after that.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST Line
My dealership does not mention anything about the stop sale, but have confirmed that the fix will start August 30/. This is probably the 8th time they gave me a new ETA date, but so far, the Sept 5/23 ETA has not changed since week of July 19. Below is the screenshot they have sent to me twice since week July 19/23.
I know this probably means nothing and I take it with a grain of salt. I have questioned it a few times because it still shows the "In Production" status, despite the dealership telling me its built. They later came back to tell me that the parts for the 360 fix will arrive week Aug 30. Just wondering if anyone else was told this....
car.png

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
My dealership does not mention anything about the stop sale, but have confirmed that the fix will start August 30/. This is probably the 8th time they gave me a new ETA date, but so far, the Sept 5/23 ETA has not changed since week of July 19. Below is the screenshot they have sent to me twice since week July 19/23.
I know this probably means nothing and I take it with a grain of salt. I have questioned it a few times because it still shows the "In Production" status, despite the dealership telling me its built. They later came back to told me that the parts for the 360 fix will arrive week Aug 30. Just wondering if anyone else was told this....
View attachment 19086
I have a ETA a week or so after yours, I don’t know how that means but that’s what I have. And my dealer has not charged that date from day 1. Hopefully things are moving

PS. I think your vehicle is built and on ramp 6 ready to ship, cause that’s were my ST is

hnt249

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer Platinum
Here’s the email I sent the general manager and the dealer principal. Where the dots are I had their names or the dealership name. I doubt it will get anywhere. But I like to have everything in writing, so I won’t be meeting with them or calling them anymore. They have been the most scummy and unprofessional dealership I have ever had any dealings with!

Mr. …… and Mr. …..
This email is concerning our 2023 Ford Explorer Platinum 4WD that we purchased from …dealership name… on May 17, 2023. As I am sure you are aware, we could not take ownership of our explorer due to the blue screen recall. We are well into our third month of payments($) …dealership name… has reimbursed for one of those payments so far,($) which we do appreciate.

However, we are beyond the point of this situation being acceptable. My vehicle, that is just sitting on the lot, is depreciating in value every day, not being run properly, and it’s looking like the 2024s will be released before I will ever be able to drive mine. That is not right, and I NEVER agreed to this! We were informed of the issue after the deal had been made, and in the middle of signing paperwork. And I feel we were mislead, and have been neglected during this entire process. I have initiated every single communication effort the entire time, and wasn’t even informed that my salesman no longer worked at …dealership name….

For 12+ weeks my car has been sitting on the lot in our name, but we also need to take into account that it’s been in the dealership’s possession since February 2023…out in the elements, not being run. **I keep my vehicles in the garage everyday and take excellent care of them.** Heck, we literally send our oil off to be analyzed after every service. So I am certain you can understand how stomach churning this entire situation is for us.

I’m paying top dollar, for what I expected to be, a NEW, top of the line car, and I’m not even sure when I will get it. It could be well into next year at this rate, if ever. First, I was told “a couple of days to a couple of weeks, tops.” Then, “end of June beginning of August”. Now I’ve read(since the dealership has not updated me in weeks)middle of Q4!! November…WHAT?!

Ford Motor Corporation says it is up to the dealership(…dealership name…) to make this right. Something needs to be done! I am open to any suggestions. I look forward to hearing from you and hope we can come to a resolution for this very frustrating issue.

Sincerely,

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
My dealer informed me yesterday that my ST is “released” whatever that means. Hope that it means it’s getting ready to get shipped. It was ordered end of March and the window sticker has a April 24 build date listed

MattC99

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Been following this thread for a few weeks now and here is where my order is:

Order was submitted March 25 and wasn't picked up from Ford until sometime in early July. It had a production date of August 21 but that changed yesterday to in production. Vehicle window sticker shows a blend date of August 24 and there is a credit for the 360 degree camera.

Are they just scraping the 360 and going with just back up camera to get these rolling again?