Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Experience

Reactions
Hey Patrick, whats the participation gift?
You get a Ford Performance Racing School backpack filled with swag including the black ST logos for the grill and liftgate, chapstick (which you'll need in the mountains, lol) and some other stuff. I've seen pictures people posted on Facebook that had stuff I didn't get so I think it varies a little probably based on what they have available.

Thep3yton

Reactions
You get a Ford Performance Racing School backpack filled with swag including the black ST logos for the grill and liftgate, chapstick (which you'll need in the mountains, lol) and some other stuff. I've seen pictures people posted on Facebook that had stuff I didn't get so I think it varies a little probably based on what they have available.
dang it, I wish I could of gone. I wasn’t aware until Saturday that they even did it and the only class was today and tomorrow. Might have to shoot them and email and at least try and get the gift lol. Thanks!

Reactions
I'm in Park City right now at the Hyatt, arrived yesterday after about a 10 hour drive up here! I took these photos at a random spot in Utah somewhere LOL

20210727_123157.jpg

20210727_123221.jpg

matt85

Reactions
I did the July 27-28 session in Park City, it was a blast! The funnest part was the autocross portion for the prize of unspeakable value haha. The immediate lane change practice and the trail driving gets you used to the capabilities of the truck. The biathlon shooting was also fun. The instructors made the entire event really fun and enjoyable, Jim and Jen were awesome. It was all very scenic and well worth the trip, and impressive that the food, class, and hotel stay are all covered by Ford. I don’t know of any other manufacturer doing something like this so we were grateful for the experience.

Reactions
I did the July 27-28 session in Park City, it was a blast! The funnest part was the autocross portion for the prize of unspeakable value haha. The immediate lane change practice and the trail driving gets you used to the capabilities of the truck. The biathlon shooting was also fun. The instructors made the entire event really fun and enjoyable, Jim and Jen were awesome. It was all very scenic and well worth the trip, and impressive that the food, class, and hotel stay are all covered by Ford. I don’t know of any other manufacturer doing something like this so we were grateful for the experience.
Agree to all of the above. The car handles quite well in the auto cross. I did everything I could to flip that car and no chance from this rookie. Well worth the trip.

Reactions
So I just missed you being here! I fully agree with you for sure. Getting the recordings now is pretty nice as well.

When Jen called my name for the top spot (we also beat the Edge people which she rubbed in Jim's face) she broke out the "prize of unspeakable value" and everyone laughed. It was awesome. I can post a photo if everyone wants to see, or PM one. I just don't want to spoil it for anyone :p.

Here are a couple photos I took
20210729_075236.jpg
20210729_091356.jpg
20210729_110505.jpg
20210729_114154.jpg

Reactions

I was in that class, too! I didn't realize anyone else from the forum was there, or we could have had a conversation.

What number car did you have? I had the blue 01 Explorer, but unfortunately, my video camera didn't work to record my day of fun.

Reactions
I was in that class, too! I didn't realize anyone else from the forum was there, or we could have had a conversation.

What number car did you have? I had the blue 01 Explorer, but unfortunately, my video camera didn't work to record my day of fun.
Oh no that's horrible the camera didn't work!! I was in car 06 (the silver one). I didn't think anyone else from the forum was there either.

I just looked at my video and what's really funny is that you were right in front of me the whole day! :ROFLMAO: 2021_0729_082205_008A-MtnDrive-Pt2.mp4-00_00_01-00001.jpg

matt85

Reactions

I didn’t think of checking the forum before going to the class, haven’t been that active on here but popped in after the fact. I was in the black #17 Explorer. Were you in the all-Explorer group or were you in the half Edge/ half Explorer group? If you were in the all Explorer group I’m the one that got the prize of unspeakable value. And that does suck about the camera!

matt85

Reactions
Oh no that's horrible the camera didn't work!! I was in car 06 (the silver one). I didn't think anyone else from the forum was there either.

I just looked at my video and what's really funny is that you were right in front of me the whole day! :ROFLMAO: View attachment 7049
Sounds like you in the July 28 session too?

The Road-Keeper software that came on the SD was pretty cool. I put our timed laps on YouTube to show some of our friends but guess I’ll link them here in case anyone is interested:

Reactions
Sounds like you in the July 28 session too?

The Road-Keeper software that came on the SD was pretty cool. I put our timed laps on YouTube to show some of our friends but guess I’ll link them here in case anyone is interested:
We were in the session on the 29th (yesterday) and in the all-explorer group. I'm right there with you and won the prize as well :)

Reactions

I just looked at my video and what's really funny is that you were right in front of me the whole day! :ROFLMAO: View attachment 7049
That is the Explorer I drove, but I was in the class the day before.

The footage from the camera looks awesome. I'm so bummed mine didn't record.

I didn’t think of checking the forum before going to the class, haven’t been that active on here but popped in after the fact. I was in the black #17 Explorer. Were you in the all-Explorer group or were you in the half Edge/ half Explorer group? If you were in the all Explorer group I’m the one that got the prize of unspeakable value. And that does suck about the camera!
I was in the all Explorer group also. I'm the one that came in second. LOL.

The auto cross was so much fun. I was shaking after each run from the adrenaline dump. I am going to have to see if they have any of those events near me.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
If anyone happens to be in attendance at the Park City event tonight or tomorrow, speak up and say hi.

Reactions
Just got back from Asheville. Everything was first rate! The instructors were very knowledgeable and extremely nice. The accommodations were excellent as was the food. The drive through the mountains was breathtaking. The activities help demonstrate real world applications. All in all it was an amazing experience. My wife also had a great time!

Reactions
dang it, I wish I could of gone. I wasn’t aware until Saturday that they even did it and the only class was today and tomorrow. Might have to shoot them and email and at least try and get the gift lol. Thanks!
Keep checking the website, every so often a spot opens up.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just got back from Asheville. Everything was first rate! The instructors were very knowledgeable and extremely nice. The accommodations were excellent as was the food. The drive through the mountains was breathtaking. The activities help demonstrate real world applications. All in all it was an amazing experience. My wife also had a great time!
I guess we were there together. I was surprised how many people attended. Your comments are spot on. We had a great time, with the blue ridge parkway drive and especially the timed 'track' runs. Wish we could have done a couple more laps of that one!

Reactions
Went to Park City in the fall, here’s pics from my hotel room. Not sure auto-x times can be compared from day to day, but managed a 30.0 with no cones on my last run. Was launching in 2nd, maybe 1st would have been better.

9B2469E5-F29B-4C55-B3FC-7A025D9B3706.jpeg A9BC3287-15E3-477B-899C-0E84174466DE.jpeg

Reactions
We were at Park City the 7th and 8th of July. A little warm but had a blast. Jen and the team were great.