Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FENG - Fake Engine Noise Generator DELETE

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Got word from the Ford Dealership that they did not know about the FENG. Had to explain this exists in the Explorer ST. Because they do not know too much about it, they said they could not figure out how to turn it off.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Wait so does this work on our ST?
Only way I know of is through ForScan. Have not found a Dealership with the 'know-how' to disable it themselves.

If anyone knows the process, please send that over. I'd like to get that over to my Dealership.

Reactions
I went to the dealer and walked them thru it. but the software for the 2020 vehicles is different. so for now there is no option to shut off the noise.

Reactions
I went to the dealer and walked them thru it. but the software for the 2020 vehicles is different. so for now there is no option to shut off the noise.
Yes there is, did it with FORScan the other day... No more fake exhaust sound

Attachments

Reactions
I purchased my ELM 327 thinking it was going to be a piece of cake to install the FORScan program. Well I’m having a heck of a time accessing the activation code. Someday when I figure it out I will have great ST without that stupid fake engine sound!

Reactions
Depends, some dealers will do it for you (other members have indicated), some will just don't want to be bothered, others have techs that do not have the knowledge etc... Usually dealers service centres should have access to all the vehicle codes, programs, software etc through their Ford computer software system.. Hope that helps

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Depends, some dealers will do it for you (other members have indicated), some will just don't want to be bothered, others have techs that do not have the knowledge etc... Usually dealers service centres should have access to all the vehicle codes, programs, software etc through their Ford computer software system.. Hope that helps
This is correct. My dealer isn't even acknowledging their vehicles make a fake exhaust noise. :rolleyes:

Reactions
Well, I finally got the Forscan figured out went in and changed the code in ASM. and I got to say I’m somewhat disappointed. It is quieter but still pretty noisy. But I still do like the car. As we all know nothing’s perfect. By the way every Ford dealer has what’s called an IDS program which they are able to go in and change codes same as Forscan. They just don’t want to be bothered! Jim

DBossST

Reactions
Yes there is, did it with FORScan the other day... No more fake exhaust sound
What did you use for an OBDII plug? did you use wired or wireless?

Reactions
The fact our cars have this is sad. :(

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Is this the noise that is only when in Sport mode or does this generate the noise at all times? I ask because when in Normal mode and idling at a stop, there is some 'engine' sound that comes from the back.. Thanks!

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #16
Is this the noise that is only when in Sport mode or does this generate the noise at all times? I ask because when in Normal mode and idling at a stop, there is some 'engine' sound that comes from the back.. Thanks!

The Fake Engine Noise happens in NORMAL mode & it gets louder in SPORT mode. That sound in idle may be from your rear speakers.

I have not heard the Fake Engine Noise in ECO mode.

But if you install a Borla S-Type exhaust, you'll assume it's coming from that. :p

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The Fake Engine Noise happens in NORMAL mode & it gets louder in SPORT mode. That sound in idle may be from your rear speakers.

I have not heard the Fake Engine Noise in ECO mode.

But if you install a Borla S-Type exhaust, you'll assume it's coming from that. :p
Thanks! No Borla exhaust yet, or any mods.. Where are you in DC?

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #18
Thanks! No Borla exhaust yet, or any mods.. Where are you in DC?
Just south of DC.

I’m waiting for mods from Ford Performance. Don’t want the warranty getting in the way of upgrades. But COVID has it all backdated. Who knows when we will get more options available.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I likewise solved my fake engine noise with the Borla ATAK. I'm sure the noise is still there but I can no longer hear it. [rockon]