Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FENG - Fake Engine Noise Generator DELETE

Reactions
I do not get the ACM when I load Forscan for some reaason

Reactions

mxturboracer86

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
ACM contains the 727 codes, not APIM

Reactions
WTH is that?!?!?!?! This the same for the 2021?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Has anyone been able to verify changing the codes per Shahdog's post on pg1?
VERIFIED. Same as F150.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
So, question about this FENG.. Does this make noise OUTSIDE the vehicle as well? I ask because I was doing some 0-60 runs (see 'post your dragy times' thread), and my buddy who was my 'spotter', sitting in his car, asked if the exhaust was factory b/c it sounded 'pretty badass' (his quote).

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #31
So, question about this FENG.. Does this make noise OUTSIDE the vehicle as well? I ask because I was doing some 0-60 runs (see 'post your dragy times' thread), and my buddy who was my 'spotter', sitting in his car, asked if the exhaust was factory b/c it sounded 'pretty badass' (his quote).
Definitely not! Maybe your windows were down or your sunroof was open. The FENG comes from your speaker system.

Reactions
I wonder about this fake noise deal because the car does sound decent from the outside and no the windows were closed.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #33
I wonder about this fake noise deal because the car does sound decent from the outside and no the windows were closed.
I'd recommend upgrading the exhaust to sound like your FENG. Here is what I would suggest: Borla exhaust video. Looks more aggressive too.

Reactions
O I have no desire to upgrade anything, the Explorer is just a car the wife runs around town in and we road trip in. I don't even do anything to my pickup's but I have been running stock company rigs in the woods for 20 years and know a stock pickup will go just about everywhere or do anything I'm willing to do in my own pickup. I have never seen the point in wasting money on vehicle mod's when one can only go so fat on public roads. My Dodge Ram hauls up the on ramp and has no problem hitting 80 on the freeway, this Explorer beats the heck out of my old Ram pickup. I have no problem with people spending there money on what they want I just don't spend mine on unneeded cool mods for vehicles, I waist mine on firearms, reloading supplies plus a money pit of a toy hauler.

I do have a Can Am 1000 ATV I did a little suspension work to to get a little more clearance but I tend to ride that thing anywhere and I have a Mud boat with a somewhat modded Muddy Buddy Hyper Drive that I wanted more speed out of to be able and keep a hunting load running in 2 inches of water on top of 6 inches of slop.

Reactions
I'm trying to disable the FENG in my 2021 ST and don't get the ACM module when I connect via ForScan. I'm using a wired ELM 327 and the latest version of Forscan. Anybody have any input or was able to disable the FENG on a 2021?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm trying to disable the FENG in my 2021 ST and don't get the ACM module when I connect via ForScan. I'm using a wired ELM 327 and the latest version of Forscan. Anybody have any input or was able to disable the FENG on a 2021?
Does it have the switch? Sounds like you didn't flip the switch when prompted by Forscan to read all the modules. I personally loathe the adapters with the switch. Recommend the the OBDLINK EX.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Question. Does any other automobile manufacturer pipe fake engine noise in their vehicles, or is this Ford specific?

Reactions
Does it have the switch? Sounds like you didn't flip the switch when prompted by Forscan to read all the modules. I personally loathe the adapters with the switch. Recommend the the OBDLINK EX.
Thanks for the thought, but I did confirm the switch is in the correct position (it won't connect in the wrong position). I'm quite familiar with Forscan, but this has me stumped, It seems like a 2021 thing. I can't find anyone that can see the ACM module that has a 2021, only 2020 and earlier.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks for the thought, but I did confirm the switch is in the correct position (it won't connect in the wrong position). I'm quite familiar with Forscan, but this has me stumped, It seems like a 2021 thing. I can't find anyone that can see the ACM module that has a 2021, only 2020 and earlier.
Ok. Maybe check to make sure you are on the latest Forscan version. 2.3.39 was released recently. sometimes newer cars will need to wait until the newer versions support them.

Last edited:

lwlf13

Reactions
I disabled FENG on the 2021. I have the recommended cable with no switches. I did all my forscan stuff in about 10 minutes. Everything I was looking for showed up.