Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer ST Street And Track Packages

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes but check the front. I should have said all the rears are black. Sorry.

Reactions
Yes but check the front. I should have said all the rears are black. Sorry.
Ugh....this is the front. Doesn't look like it was done since these look silver. I'll be stopping by the dealer tomorrow. I hate buying cars just for this reason. The vehicle this ST replaced was my 2007 MDX with 245K miles. Still ran like a champ but my wife was getting concerned with the age and wanted an upgrade. image0 (3).jpeg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
This is Darren’s ST that I know uses Track Pack pads...you can clearly see they’re black. Your dealer didn’t swap pads. 4E207D2A-2EAC-4F34-B147-7883E1A659E3.png

jzchen

Reactions
Hi, newbie here. So I guess the extra cost factors in dealer labor to replace with the upgraded parts/pads. Curious did anyone get to keep the old parts? I mean those are perfectly good, basically brand new pads. Is it really just the brake pads? I’d hate to pass up on yet another caliper upgrade of some sort.

Thanks for having me on the forum!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s just a dealer installed pad upgrade.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
and yes, my dealer had chucked my stock pads into the back seat. i actually put the stock ones back on though. the HP ones squeak too much. the stock ones are plenty powerful. i can hardly tell the difference.

Reactions
After approaching the dealer about the HPP pads not installed after I took delivery, they said the pads had just been shipped in...I requested the original pads that came from the factory when the dealer swapped them for the HPP pads. They agreed and I’ll keep them as spares.

Inkus

Reactions
This info helped me find out that my dealer did not install the HPP pads. I contacted them and they agreed that the pads had not been installed. Naturally the front pads are currently on back order.

Thanks for the info, all!

Reactions
My HP Pads are in a box in my garage. Found them in the back seat. I figure when the other pads wear out I'll put the HP's on.

Inkus

Reactions
This is what the dealer installed high performance pads look like on the front. The sales person said they are the same ones as the police Explorers.

Attachments

jzchen

Reactions
Reactions
Reactions
The "sliver" back is simply an added "stainless steel shim"

Front OE rotor:

Rear OE rotor:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The "sliver" back is simply an added "stainless steel shim"

Front OE rotor:

Rear OE rotor:
Glad to see RB looking into these. I’m a former customer and wouldn’t mind being one again.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I've always loved their pads. @Warren-RB I assume based on your username you are affiliated with RB... its great to have you on this forum! all your posts so far have been super informative! are you guys looking into a six-piston offering for this truck, or just pads/rotors for now?

**Edit** I'm an idiot

RB 6 Pot Caliper Brake Kit (Stock Size Rotor: 362x32mm) for Ford Explorer (2020+) ST Street & Performance Packs (Not for Base Model) Front (racingbrake.com)

Last edited:
Reactions
Thank you both for your comment and compliment and yes I am Warren from RacingBrake based in Fullerton, CA.

We have developed and offered a complete brake replacement/upgrade (pad, rotor, brake kit, CCM BBK) for Jeep SRT8 (WK1, WK2) and the latest Trackhawk; so we are familiar and experienced with SUV brake requirement.

I PM the admin asking for becoming a sponsor of the forum, meantime if you have any question please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

As to the front caliper kits, this is how we plan:

1. 4 pot or 6 pot RB caliper progressive upgrade kit* using the stock size (360# x32mm) rotor - The rotor can be OE, aftermarket, or our two piece. (*Progressive means buying just the rotor now and calipers later as needed)
2. 6 pot caliper kits (380x34mm rotors) which can be RB6M calipers or Jeep WK2 calipers - Kits are made for a 100% bolt on installation.

# Although OE front rotor measured as 362mm but per our fitment test 360mm actually fits better w/o developing a rusty lip where untouched by the brake pad.

Last edited: