Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer ST Street And Track Packages

STO

Reactions
The price difference between the ST Street Pack and the High Performance Package is $600, so one would be safe to assume it would be around the same amount for just the HP pads.

Heading to the dealer tomorrow, so I can ask the parts department if they can give me a quote. Will let you know.
From several Ford dealers they are $235 F/R pad kit.

Reactions
Got this from a Cars.com article.

"The ST is also offered with either of two available performance packages: the ST Street Pack or the ST High-Performance Pack. Both have rather similar contents: 21-inch black wheels, more robust brakes and better tires. But the High-Performance Pack just turns up the dial a bit more, with “high-performance” versus “performance” brakes and a more aggressive tire, Michelin Latitude Sport 3 versus Pirelli Scorpion Zero."

The extra $600 isn't just for brake pads (that is Audi RS5 OEM pricing... ask me how I know:)). So, in addition to the upgraded pads, the $600 gets you a summer Michelin instead of the all-season Pirelli. One more note... according to Michelin's website, the 275/45-21 is unavailable to order online. "Please visit your closest dealer to order this tire".

I am curious if that is actually the case since I've read conflicting stories on the internet. Anyone with the track pack out there to verify what Cars.com states?

Last edited:
Reactions
If anyone is interested in NIB hi-po racing brake pads, I got em. I had dealer put them in back seat rather than Install them.

Reactions
Got this from a Cars.com article.

"The ST is also offered with either of two available performance packages: the ST Street Pack or the ST High-Performance Pack. Both have rather similar contents: 21-inch black wheels, more robust brakes and better tires. But the High-Performance Pack just turns up the dial a bit more, with “high-performance” versus “performance” brakes and a more aggressive tire, Michelin Latitude Sport 3 versus Pirelli Scorpion Zero."

The extra $600 isn't just for brake pads (that is Audi RS5 OEM pricing... ask me how I know:)). So, in addition to the upgraded pads, the $600 gets you a summer Michelin instead of the all-season Pirelli. One more note... according to Michelin's website, the 275/45-21 is unavailable to order online. "Please visit your closest dealer to order this tire".

I am curious if that is actually the case since I've read conflicting stories on the internet. Anyone with the track pack out there to verify what Cars.com states?
Our hp pack has pirelli scorpion rubber. Same as street pak.

FPO

Reactions
Mine Had the Pads in the box in the trunk. Is the general consensus that the difference is noticeable?

Kryuenger

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Do any of you know the spec difference of standard brakes and st street pack? I just purchased an explorer st and the salesman told me the only difference was brake pads. Now (after the purchase) doing some further digging, it has larger calipers and vented disc, on top of the 21" wheels.

FPO

Reactions
Mine had the upgraded pads in the trunk. Not sure what that’s about. I’m going to have them install them next time it goes there. I want to see if they are different part numbers.

Reactions
Do any of you know the spec difference of standard brakes and st street pack? I just purchased an explorer st and the salesman told me the only difference was brake pads. Now (after the purchase) doing some further digging, it has larger calipers and vented disc, on top of the 21" wheels.
Lots of info on the web. There's also a page in the owners manual that spells out the specs along with info in the brochure. The Street/Track pack is essentially the same with the exception of "upgraded" pads for the Track Pack.

Reactions
When I was shopping, it wasn't clear as to what the difference between the regular ST and the street performance brakes was. I finally found the answers:
The regular ST front brakes have 13.6" rotors vs 14.3" for the Street pack
Rears are 12.6" for the standard brakes and 13.8" for the street pack.

I'm not sure why they bothered having a set of brakes on the standard ST that are a downgrade from the 2019 XLT explorer.

Reactions
When I was shopping, it wasn't clear as to what the difference between the regular ST and the street performance brakes was. I finally found the answers:
The regular ST front brakes have 13.6" rotors vs 14.3" for the Street pack
Rears are 12.6" for the standard brakes and 13.8" for the street pack.

I'm not sure why they bothered having a set of brakes on the standard ST that are a downgrade from the 2019 XLT explorer.
The 2020 Explorers weigh less than the ‘19’s.

Reactions
The H&R distributor here in Belgium managed to get me a set yesterday from the factory before they shipped to the states. I was lucky because they hadn’t planned to sell any here. I should have them soon! Pics as soon as they’re installed.

KegsBdry

Reactions
What is the ground clearance after the install?

Reactions
Is there any way to tell with the wheel mounted if the dealer installed the HPP pads? I have doubts that the dealer actually did install them. I just took delivery yesterday. Tire pressures were almost at 50 PSI on all corners and all fluids were not topped off. I'm not sure that they actually prepped much.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Street Pack pads have a silver backer. The high performance pads have a black backer. Super easy to spot.

Explorer ST Posts