Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Eibach Lowering Springs

gafool25

U.S. Navy Veteran
EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
if i can just get the springs installed and not worry about the bolts then ill do that, eventually im going to do the airbag route, but that might take awhile, i hear people saying thier saying they dealership did the alignment, the dealership i use problay wont touch cause its aftermarket, and another dealership that has an aftermarket shop wont mess with it due to the fact i didnt order through them, i know how that markup goes! order parts and pay way over what i can order them for! here in GA there is not a huge custom install market like say in FL or TX.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks, Never thought of using those slots for adjusting, no wonder I could not adjust without the cam bolts.
Those slots ARE the adjustment…the UCA slides in and out instead of using an eccentric like the toe arm adjustment uses. Jack the car up and get the wheels off the ground, loosen that bolt and gravity will move them all the way out. Your toe will be screwed…but you can drive it to a shop to get everything sorted out.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Those slots ARE the adjustment…the UCA slides in and out instead of using an eccentric like the toe arm adjustment uses. Jack the car up and get the wheels off the ground, loosen that bolt and gravity will move them all the way out. Your toe will be screwed…but you can drive it to a shop to get everything sorted out.
I meant using the small slot to move the UCA Instead of the cam bolt. I can measure and adjust toe once I get camber set. I did not have the wheel mounted, maybe the added weight will help to move the UCA without the need of the cam bolt.
1708530492392.png

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I meant using the small slot to move the UCA Instead of the cam bolt. I can measure and adjust toe once I get camber set. I did not have the wheel mounted, maybe the added weight will help to move the UCA without the need of the cam bolt.
View attachment 21762
Again…you DO NOT need the cam bolt…period. If you choose to keep fighting it that’s your decision…but pulling that shit out and throwing it away it the right thing to do here.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Again…you DO NOT need the cam bolt…period. If you choose to keep fighting it that’s your decision…but pulling that shit out and throwing it away it the right thing to do here.
Gonna try it with out the cam bolt and with the wheel mounted and go from there. I'll post results, Thanks for your Help.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
if i can just get the springs installed and not worry about the bolts then ill do that, eventually im going to do the airbag route, but that might take awhile, i hear people saying thier saying they dealership did the alignment, the dealership i use problay wont touch cause its aftermarket, and another dealership that has an aftermarket shop wont mess with it due to the fact i didnt order through them, i know how that markup goes! order parts and pay way over what i can order them for! here in GA there is not a huge custom install market like say in FL or TX.
You could do what this ST owner did and take a road trip to get your parts installed:
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/went-shopping.6501/#post-82965

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
That's the one that I'm adjusting, loosened all to other bolts to see if that would help, but the best I can do is -2.0.
Are you taking the weight off of the rear wheels? That's how they are adjusted then tighten them before setting it down, I did it on floor jacks in my garage and it was within specs when checked at the tire shop.

F=MA

Reactions
Some long time Eibach users mentioned the Eibach's they used in the past sagged over time. So they were not choosing them this time. H&R seems to be the most popular.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Are you taking the weight off of the rear wheels? That's how they are adjusted then tighten them before setting it down, I did it on floor jacks in my garage and it was within specs when checked at the tire shop.
Yes I took the weight off the wheels, I think it's the cam bolts that I'm using, suspect they restrict the full range of adjustment, but I could not move the UCA using a pry bar, so I installed cambolts. Will retry with regular bolts this weekend using the method you described. I used Unijacks. It's good to hear that it can be adjusted within spec without modifying anything, most of the comments on this site said to take it to a good shop, but I wanted to do it myself.

Last edited: