Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Drop springs and alignment.

Reactions
Thanks.

That was my next project so I would like to know the outcome.
I had Steeda springs installed last week and there was no problem getting the alignment in spec.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Anyone looked getting this to fix the rear camber?

McBay Performance Rear Cam Bolt Alignment Kit

View attachment 7910
https://mcbayperformance.com/amp/tr...lorer-greaseable-rear-cam-bolt-alignment-kit/
I just ordered these and they should be here tomorrow, I won't install them until my next oil change is due. The local Ford dealer is very unorganized and annoying so I will try to limit my interactions with them. But after installling my H&R springs the rear camber is at about -2.2deg. So I'll install them and have them re-align it then, I don't think 5k miles is enough to ruin my tires with those numbers.
As a side note, I just ordered the camber kit from McBay on Thurday night, they were shipped Friday morning and should be here Monday, pretty impressive!

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #43
I just ordered these and they should be here tomorrow, I won't install them until my next oil change is due. The local Ford dealer is very unorganized and annoying so I will try to limit my interactions with them. But after installling my H&R springs the rear camber is at about -2.2deg. So I'll install them and have them re-align it then, I don't think 5k miles is enough to ruin my tires with those numbers.
As a side note, I just ordered the camber kit from McBay on Thurday night, they were shipped Friday morning and should be here Monday, pretty impressive!
You don’t need camber bolts. They need to align it from the right spot. The upper control arm at the frame….that spot is slotted. It will align correctly if your shop knows WTF they’re doing.

Reactions
Vehicle
You don’t need camber bolts. They need to align it from the right spot. The upper control arm at the frame….that spot is slotted. It will align correctly if your shop knows WTF they’re doing.
It took them 2 days for an oil change, alignment, and program the IPMB for the recall...I don't think anyone at that dealer knows WTF they're doing lol!! I was planning on marking the bolts with a scribe first and if I get movement I'll take a photo to show them and make the fix it for free. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions
Vehicle
It took them 2 days for an oil change, alignment, and program the IPMB for the recall...I don't think anyone at that dealer knows WTF they're doing lol!! I was planning on marking the bolts with a scribe first and if I get movement I'll take a photo to show them and make the fix it for free. Thanks for the tip!
Update on my alignment: After two local Ford dealers told me my truck was modified and there was no way to get my alignment into specs without further modifications, I did it myself in my garage with a bubble level as a gauge. Just loosened the inner upper control arm bolts, made my adjustments and snugged 'em down. Took it to the Les Schwab down the street and rear camber went from -2.5deg to -1.4deg, close but within factory specs. They reset the toe and called it good, no camber bolts needed. I may max it out to get it to about -1deg in the future, but I think it's good for now! 20211218_160145.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #47
No…those don’t add any extra adjustment. It just changes the sliding adjustment to a cam style. Their ad even says it’s for vehicles with no built in adjustment…which we know isn’t the case.

Last edited: