Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Custom Intake Manifold

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
To everyone doing big builds, is there any interest in a custom intake manifold? Obviously heater core lines would have to be redone for clearance but I could build a really nice unit, even with integrated water to air intercooler. Even without that, slightly longer runners, higher volume plenum and using a GT throttle body could be massively beneficial. We could even do integrated port injection abilities using a secondary controller.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
That would be awesome. Especially on big single turbo builds.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Interesting. Not likely to be a customer for one but I love the idea. Better flow is usually always a good thing. Is the air/water meant to supplement the air/air or eliminate it? I was never a huge fan of the air/water system in my 2011 Ctsv. Even after spending lots of dough, still could boil the loop on track days.

Following for sure. Hope you get interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
If you could build one that uses an A/C evaporator core like the demon does that would be something worth pursuing.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Air/water intercooler is inferior in every way to an air/air cooler UNLESS- you have some way to chill the water below ambient air temps. As far as an intake manifold goes, the stock manifold doesn't have any glaring problems. Increasing the plenum size or changing the manifold runner length to affect port resonance is insignificant compared to upping the boost level.