Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Custom Enclosure Pics

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I'm looking for pics of custom enclosures built into the rear storage area to show my installer what I'm looking for.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
There’s very few full custom enclosures done in that area. Most are prefab boxes that fit in the space with the oem cover over them which I don’t understand because without a vented cover it’s only hurting output.
Mine is one of the full custom builds and also has a fully vented cover to hide everything. C374FA4E-5982-4C65-8759-66CFD5655CA7.jpeg IMG_7517.jpeg

OP
BrooseDaMoose
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Thread Starter #3
Huh! I went all thru your build thread and couldn't find those pics! I must have missed that page or something. But these are the pics I want to show him. I agree with you about putting the stock cover over it. I want a custom vented cover like you made.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Huh! I went all thru your build thread and couldn't find those pics! I must have missed that page or something. But these are the pics I want to show him. I agree with you about putting the stock cover over it. I want a custom vented cover like you made.
That’s not over the spare though…that enclosure is in the whole spare tire well. I don’t keep a spare or jack in the car. I keep a plug kit and small compressor…if I completely trash a tire I’ll call a roll back.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I wasn't happy with the idea of giving up my spare, especially after dealing with multiple punctures in the post-hurricane debris of SW Louisiana. I built a down-facing box that sits over the spare using a JL 12-TW3. The speaker is recessed a bit so it doesn't beat against the tire. I had to give up the storage box over the spare, but it looks totally stock on the surface.

Speaker Top.jpg Speaker bottom.jpg

Explorer ST Posts