Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Custom 3” Downpipes & Exhaust

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #121
Met up with @kpkimmel1983 and got a few quick videos. The area is really busy so there's a lot of road noise...but it's something!

I'll work on quieter area and more clips. And do a proper launch where I don't roll first. And clean the car lol.

Launch

Clip 1

Clip 2

Reactions
Met up with @kpkimmel1983 and got a few quick videos. The area is really busy so there's a lot of road noise...but it's something!

I'll work on quieter area and more clips. And do a proper launch where I don't roll first. And clean the car lol.

Launch

Clip 1

Clip 2
You forgot the part where we made out for 20 minutes....

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Get a room.

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Is that the same turbo smart dual port bov. Thing sounds much louder than mine. And your turbo wine sounds amazing. Assuming that’s from the down pipes?

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #128
Is that the same turbo smart dual port bov. Thing sounds much louder than mine. And your turbo wine sounds amazing. Assuming that’s from the down pipes?
The blowoff noise is the Boomba vent to atmosphere adapter. Thanks! I actually was really surprised when I listened to the launch video as I don’t hear it that noticeably inside the car.

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The blowoff noise is the Boomba vent to atmosphere adapter. Thanks! I actually was really surprised when I listened to the launch video as I don’t hear it that noticeably inside the car.
Any reason you went that route over dual vent turbo smart option aside from price. Seems like the VTA have such mixed reviews. Or I should say opinions

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #130
Any reason you went that route over dual vent turbo smart option aside from price. Seems like the VTA have such mixed reviews. Or I should say opinions
I just wanted the noise and no error codes. This is a simple way to achieve that. I didn’t see the need to pay more for a real bov that could cause problems and give no performance improvement.

Reactions
I agree! To beautiful to cover up...but there are hellkitties to kill

Reactions
I just wanted the noise and no error codes. This is a simple way to achieve that. I didn’t see the need to pay more for a real bov that could cause problems and give no performance improvement.
The BOV is the same one off the Ecoboost Mustang . It's direct bolt-on and no error codes . 10 minutes to install .

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #133
The BOV is the same one off the Ecoboost Mustang . It's direct bolt-on and no error codes . 10 minutes to install .
Good to know! My point is really who cares what you use, you’re just getting noise out of it.

Reactions
Good to know! My point is really who cares what you use, you’re just getting noise out of it.
Completely agree ! The only thing I noticed is that the VTA mod is more of continuous ( or multiple ) pressure release as apposed to the BOV that is a single solid pressure release .

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Completely agree ! The only thing I noticed is that the VTA mod is more of continuous ( or multiple ) pressure release as apposed to the BOV that is a single solid pressure release .
The 50/50 TS BOV also vents part of it back into the intake tract...that helps keep the chargers spooled during spirited driving.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #136
The 50/50 TS BOV also vents part of it back into the intake tract...that helps keep the chargers spooled during spirited driving.
Sorry what is TS? I'm sure it's obvious and I'm missing it.
Edit: I got it, Turbosmart BOV ( https://www.lethalperformance.com/t...st-turbosmart-bov-kompact-dual-port-vr13.html )

So you're saying the VTA mod is on par with stock performance and TS BOV can improve stock performance?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #138
No, I’m saying the VTA mod dumps all the pressure and could cause some lag with spirited driving. The 50/50 BOV prevents this.
Got it, thank you for clarifying!

The link I pasted above is the one you're referring to right?

Reactions
Got it, thank you for clarifying!

The link I pasted above is the one you're referring to right?
Yeah thanks for clarifying I’m going to order asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorer ST Posts