Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Current Average time to replace rear Diff under warranty?

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #41
sounding that way, the dealership tried to say they dont think ittl take that long but... im not holding my breath based on that.

Reactions
sounding that way, the dealership tried to say they dont think ittl take that long but... im not holding my breath based on that.
It's not a very hard install. I had it done in less than a day, and it was the first time I did it and in my garage. The longest part was making the tool to remove the driveshaft. I could probably do the whole job in 4-5 hours now start to finish. I would suggest replacing the half shafts at the same time.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #43
Its still under warranty, im letting them deal with it this go around. Otherwise, I'd probably do that... looks like with interest rates im stuck with it for the time being so hopefully this one holds up till I can make a move.

Reactions
Its still under warranty, im letting them deal with it this go around. Otherwise, I'd probably do that... looks like with interest rates im stuck with it for the time being so hopefully this one holds up till I can make a move.
I hear that. I was looking at various cars and trucks, and with the interest rates where they are, I would have to downgrade pretty significantly to maintain my current monthly payment.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #45
yeah in the same boat. Wish id have unloaded when the market was high but I really do like the thing when it works the way its suppose too.

Reactions
yeah in the same boat. Wish id have unloaded when the market was high but I really do like the thing when it works the way its suppose too.
Same here. There's not much out there that ticks the boxes like this thing. It gets around great in the snow, is quick, comfortable and roomy. I've taken a couple week long road trips in it, and it's been absolutely perfect for them.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #47
Yeah same here, wasn't until all this I even had the thought of getting rid of it. The infotainment mess seems to be the start of it all and its been a downhill slide since. I hope Ford pushes that update to fix that nonsense soon too.

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
I gave up and traded at the right time. I actually upgraded to a Durango Hellcat. A little pricey but worth every penny. Not one problem with about 6K on the clock. By this time I had two trips to the dealer and one recall done.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #50
Nope, still nothing... 4 payments, no SUV, no answers.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #51
Got the call Friday they had the parts. Picked it up yesterday morning. Seems to be good to go. Hopefully the last of my issues for now... need to figure out how to upload the latest sync update to see if I can get that issue resolved.

Explorer ST Posts