Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Corsa is in the game.

Reactions
Unless you're removing cats or adding long tubes or something, I assume all catback/axleback exhaust upgrades are purely for the sake of having a better sounding exhaust and assume that HP gains are exactly 0.
Agreed, need to remove bottlenecks the whole way.

Our cats are on the downpipes aren't they?
I'm assuming spd downpipes would have a high flow cat?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Agreed, need to remove bottlenecks the whole way.

Our cats are on the downpipes aren't they?
I'm assuming spd downpipes would have a high flow cat?

That is correct

2020 Explorer ST - Storm Trooper Build

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems | UPR Catch Can | SPD T-Stat

KegsBdry

Reactions
Unless you're removing cats or adding long tubes or something, I assume all catback/axleback exhaust upgrades are purely for the sake of having a better sounding exhaust and assume that HP gains are exactly 0.
not even 1 HP?! :oops:

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I'm sure there's some trivial change in HP (hell maybe even a decrease for all we know) but 1HP is well within the margin of error, you'll gain and lose more than that based on weather conditions. Even 12 HP is probably achievable with the right weather (super hot and humid vs relatively cool and dry). My point is that I wouldn't upgrade a catback hoping for HP, it would be purely for auditory pleasure

Reactions
Had Corsas on my WS6, loved the sound but I had a nice pair of headers feeding them. :)

Also, Borlas catback "claims" it upgrades HP, at least one of them.

Reactions
I cancelled my order, lethal misquoted the shipping cost, so by the time I pay the exchange fee & import/brokerage fees, it would have been a $2600 exhaust

If any of you guys in the US want a system with black tips, lethal should have one available.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #47
I cancelled my order, lethal misquoted the shipping cost, so by the time I pay the exchange fee & import/brokerage fees, it would have been a $2600 exhaust

If any of you guys in the US want a system with black tips, lethal should have one available.

Hell I won’t even pay $1600 so I don’t blame you at all. I got quoted $1600 for a full converter back 2.5” stainless mandrel bent exhaust with my choice of mufflers and tips.

Reactions
Hell I won’t even pay $1600 so I don’t blame you at all. I got quoted $1600 for a full converter back 2.5” stainless mandrel bent exhaust with my choice of mufflers and tips.
I'm going to check out a couple local muffler shops and do the same.

I'm sure I can get a custom 2.5 or 2.75" exhaust made for a fraction of the price.

Reactions
So i decided to go with the resonator w/ x-pipe inside and muffler delete . I love the sound of this thing now . Little bit of drone at certain times but that's the price you pay to play . Actually had a friend of mine with his GTR cruising next to me and he said that when it opens up , it has a very similar sound to the GTR . I know people will say i'm crazy but after install and driving with it , i actually heard the same similar exhaust note . Now that my friend said the same thing , I am beginning to believe it . I will post a video soon and see what others think about my combination . Luckily , i didn't spend much doing it so i can always switch to a better option if something comes up .

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #50
An X-pipe usually gives a higher pitch exhaust note...which I think these things need. I’ve heard too many that sound like a tractor.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
So i decided to go with the resonator w/ x-pipe inside and muffler delete . I love the sound of this thing now . Little bit of drone at certain times but that's the price you pay to play . Actually had a friend of mine with his GTR cruising next to me and he said that when it opens up , it has a very similar sound to the GTR . I know people will say i'm crazy but after install and driving with it , i actually heard the same similar exhaust note . Now that my friend said the same thing , I am beginning to believe it . I will post a video soon and see what others think about my combination . Luckily , i didn't spend much doing it so i can always switch to a better option if something comes up .
I believe it. I dropped off my downpipes today to start modify the ends into 2.5” to the midpipes and Concerning an x pipe also. I’ll leave it up to my shop and their expertise.

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems | UPR Catch Can | SPD T-Stat

Reactions
An X-pipe usually gives a higher pitch exhaust note...which I think these things need. I’ve heard too many that sound like a tractor.
Those were my initial thoughts when hearing the Borla , which is why i was originally considering the MBRP Black Series mufflers . I had actually bought the OEM axle-back from a 2014 GT500 mustang . After arriving to the exhaust shop , the owner said this might sound better . Stuck the ST on the lift and started cutting . Shoved the x-pipe/resonator in there and had the guy start the vehicle . I immediately was sold on the idea and finished it off with some stainless oval tips to fill in the openings.....just to be different from the standard dual round tips like every other exhaust out there . Sold the GT500 exhaust and never looked back !
I believe it. I dropped off my downpipes today to start modify the ends into 2.5” to the midpipes and Concerning an x pipe also. I’ll leave it up to my shop and their expertise.

I will be considering the downpipes soon enough . If i love the exhaust note now , I can't imagine what it would sound like with that extra free flow .

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Those were my initial thoughts when hearing the Borla , which is why i was originally considering the MBRP Black Series mufflers . I had actually bought the OEM axle-back from a 2014 GT500 mustang . After arriving to the exhaust shop , the owner said this might sound better . Stuck the ST on the lift and started cutting . Shoved the x-pipe/resonator in there and had the guy start the vehicle . I immediately was sold on the idea and finished it off with some stainless oval tips to fill in the openings.....just to be different from the standard dual round tips like every other exhaust out there . Sold the GT500 exhaust and never looked back !

I will be considering the downpipes soon enough . If i love the exhaust note now , I can't imagine what it would sound like with that extra free flow .
Sound clip?

Reactions
Sound clip?

That's my next thing to do !

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
I love the sound of the Corsa.

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Anybody get it on their rig yet?

Reactions
Every manufacturer is very proud of their product with those prices :rolleyes:

Now I want to hear this Corsa with some daily driving sound clips . Give me a clip of it cruising....a clip of it accelerating past camera car....a clip of it downshifting . Everyone does the same video of the 2 revs and then take off . IMHO , Borla and Corsa sound so similar on video . I think they are all going in the wrong direction by trying to give it a deeper exhaust note .

Reactions
Every manufacturer is very proud of their product with those prices :rolleyes:

Now I want to hear this Corsa with some daily driving sound clips . Give me a clip of it cruising....a clip of it accelerating past camera car....a clip of it downshifting . Everyone does the same video of the 2 revs and then take off . IMHO , Borla and Corsa sound so similar on video . I think they are all going in the wrong direction by trying to give it a deeper exhaust note .
Which x-pipe did you buy, or was it custom?

Reactions
Which x-pipe did you buy, or was it custom?
The exhaust shop said it is made by Flo Pro . They said it is not sold to the public...only to distributors . I kind of believe them because the resonator/x-pipe is not on their website .

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #60
The exhaust shop said it is made by Flo Pro . They said it is not sold to the public...only to distributors . I kind of believe them because the resonator/x-pipe is not on their website .
I know one of the guys that owns FloPro...how many you want? lol