Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Corsa is in the game.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Yeah I am gonna stick with the s-type. sounds nice but still chill and not annoying.
I got the Borla S-Type & you are right. It's the right combination of a good sound (to match the fake exhaust sound coming from the speakers) & not too annoying. Best choice, hands down. It should have been an option to include a Ford Performance exhaust when buying the vehicle at the start. Ford dropped the ball on that.

EcobeaST

Reactions
Lethal just said they should have there demo up and running in a week. Then accepting pre-orders in about 3 weeks...

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Lethal just said they should have there demo up and running in a week. Then accepting pre-orders in about 3 weeks...
Yeah Corsa told me September so that sounds about right timing.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I’m thinking the combo on the Stype and downpipes are going to sound amazing.

2020 Explorer ST - Storm Trooper Build

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
I’m waiting on Ron at Whoosh...I’m 100% in love with the idea of a 2.5” system combined with an optional 2.5” midpipe.
I’d hold off on Corsa until we see what he comes up with. Both are 2.5” but Corsa as I understand is only mid-pipe back like Borla.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I’m waiting on Ron at Whoosh...I’m 100% in love with the idea of a 2.5” system combined with an optional 2.5” midpipe.
I’d hold off on Corsa until we see what he comes up with. Both are 2.5” but Corsa as I understand is only mid-pipe back like Borla.
I may do something fun with my borla ...

2020 Explorer ST - Storm Trooper Build

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Any timeline on whoosh setup

Reactions
Ron is going to be putting together a package that includes a mid pipe?!

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #29
Ron is going to be putting together a package that includes a mid pipe?!

That’s his plan.

Reactions
for anyone that's been waiting for updates, this exhaust launched today.
I ordered one, but I'm worried it will probably be too loud, only reason I went with it is because it's 2.5", I'll probably get an exhaust shop to weld in a bigger resonator

Blk_Ravn_ST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
for anyone that's been waiting for updates, this exhaust launched today.
I ordered one, but I'm worried it will probably be too loud, only reason I went with it is because it's 2.5", I'll probably get an exhaust shop to weld in a bigger resonator
Please post a video and opinions so we all know what the what with this setup.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
interesting.... it has a COMPLETELY different sound from the Borla. I would have never expected them to be that different...

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #36
Yea...$1600 seems a little high to me.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I thought $1200 was a bit more than I wanted to pay. But my thought process was: the original exhaust doesn't cut it. It sounds great inside the vehicle (fake engine noise from the speaker system) and quiet as a mouse outside. Didn't match up! Besides the better sound, what did that buy me? Maybe 12 extra HP?

Reactions
I thought $1200 was a bit more than I wanted to pay. But my thought process was: the original exhaust doesn't cut it. It sounds great inside the vehicle (fake engine noise from the speaker system) and quiet as a mouse outside. Didn't match up! Besides the better sound, what did that buy me? Maybe 12 extra HP?
I thought I read somewhere that Borla is the same diameter as stock.... So if that's the case, the hp gains will be minimal at best.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I have owned both Borla and Corsa exhaust and I will say that Corsa does seem to be higher quality. That's not a knock on Borla at all as they make great products, but Corsa is just that much better.

With that said, I definitely agree that $1600, or even $1200 is way too high.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I thought I read somewhere that Borla is the same diameter as stock.... So if that's the case, the hp gains will be minimal at best.

Unless you're removing cats or adding long tubes or something, I assume all catback/axleback exhaust upgrades are purely for the sake of having a better sounding exhaust and assume that HP gains are exactly 0.