Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cold Air Intake status?

Reactions
@Clears Did the team have any issues installing the prototype. I'm looking to get one myself and as far as I can see....the biggest pain point might just be the clamp on the right side just before the turbo. Any installation advice would be much appreciated.

Reactions
@Clears Did the team have any issues installing the prototype. I'm looking to get one myself and as far as I can see....the biggest pain point might just be the clamp on the right side just before the turbo. Any installation advice would be much appreciated.
I believe that may be the pain in the butt side. They mentioned one of the turbos was a pain, but overall a relatively decent install. Unfortunately I can't give first hand install info because I didn't get to take part in it. They modified the passenger side tube to help make the install easier from what I understand.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Not sure if anyone was concerned, or I'm just answering my own question, but I called AFE this morning to ask about the note that they won't sell in California. He said they would absolutely sell and ship to California, and that CARB certification was in progress.

And for the guys complaining about the price or power added, what are you all expecting? 100hp from an intake for $27? 15hp isn't bad at all, as the factory one isn't the greatest but isn't a massive restriction. And for the price, this isn't some chrome crappy BBK straight tube for your Fox body. The price is actually far less than I expected for this piece, especially with the lower pre-order price and the 10% off from signing up for the newsletter.

F=MA

Reactions
WTF installation not included?:mad::sick:o_O:ROFLMAO:

My ST is Better!

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
That’s what I’m thinking too. Their gains were on a 100% stock car…tuned with other mods should show a bit more. I’d be perfectly happy with an extra 20 or so on mine. I’m waiting to order though…even with the 10% off I think DW pricing will be lower.
When will DW have their CAI available? And could you send me the link please and thank you.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
WTF is DW? or Premier? I'm confused as well.
Premier Performance is one of the largest wholesalers on the planet…they supply damn near every shop out there with at least some of their parts. DW is dealer wholesale pricing.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Got it. Thanks.

ST_Addicts

Reactions
Which filter are you guys going with? Dry or oiled? I want to place my order but can not decide which one would be best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Which filter are you guys going with? Dry or oiled? I want to place my order but can not decide which one would be best.

All highway and no dusty driving…oiled is fine. Lots of dust…go dry

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I’m leaning more towards the oiled