Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cold Air Intake status?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Someone on the Explorer ST Owners FB group claims to already have received their AFE intake. No pics yet.
People claim lots of things online. AFe isn’t shipping until next month according to the latest info.

Reactions
People claim lots of things online. AFe isn’t shipping until next month according to the latest info.
I didn't think it was true. I mean, if you know you're one of, if not the first to get one, you're gonna post pics of it for all to see! lolol

Reactions
Someone on the Explorer ST Owners FB group claims to already have received their AFE intake. No pics yet.
I'm fairly confident that it didn't happen because they haven't even test fitted a pre-production unit yet, let alone a production one.

msota84

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
New latest info from aFe, because of pandemic delays, they now expect shipping in Jan of 22. Received an email today,,,,

Reactions
I'll definitely make sure to let everyone know when I go in for test fitting of either the pre-production model or actual production model. I just know they're super busy and if I hear anything about the release, I will absolutely let you guys know.

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
New latest info from aFe, because of pandemic delays, they now expect shipping in Jan of 22. Received an email today,,,,
Damn!, I haven't received an updated emails from AFE but I'm tempted to just cancel and get FenFab.

msota84

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I'll definitely make sure to let everyone know when I go in for test fitting of either the pre-production model or actual production model. I just know they're super busy and if I hear anything about the release, I will absolutely let you guys know.
Are you running the beta test version?

Reactions
I was running their 3d printed prototype until they attempted mess with one of the fittings and broke it. I am back to stock until they get either the pre production unit ready for test fitting or the production unit. I'm waiting to hear back from their intake section. My ST is actually there this week while they mess with the exhaust system.

Reactions
I received an unsolicited email update from AFE yesterday stating that they expect to begin shipping the CAI.....in mid/late January 2022. Hope this helps. For the time being, I dropped a K&N in to suffice.

Reactions
Reactions
I'm gonna be over at aFe either on Tuesday or Monday after Thanksgiving to have their exhaust removed. I'll see if I can get some.dates or at least time frames from them to see what is going on. I'm also trying to see if they are going to make their Advanced Guage System compatible for our Explorers.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm gonna be over at aFe either on Tuesday or Monday after Thanksgiving to have their exhaust removed. I'll see if I can get some.dates or at least time frames from them to see what is going on. I'm also trying to see if they are going to make their Advanced Guage System compatible for our Explorers.
They’ve sent emails to people saying the intakes won’t deliver until early next year.

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
They’ve sent emails to people saying the intakes won’t deliver until early next year.
^This.
I just received my email a couple a days ago stating this. At least there providing updates now.

Reactions
Hey guys, I just wanted to give an update and let you guys know that it's getting closer. My ST is going in next week to aFe for a fitting and so they can complete the instructions for their system.

F=MA

Reactions
That's awesome !! I started to try and light a fire under Fenfab in case AFE chokes:ROFLMAO:.

Reactions
Checked with my vendor and they told me that per aFe, mine "should be shipping no later than 12-26-2021 but could ship sooner". But I will believe it when I see it.

Reactions
That's awesome !! I started to try and light a fire under Fenfab in case AFE chokes:ROFLMAO:.
Oh they're definitely not choking on this one. They've already invested way too much at this point.

Reactions
Checked with my vendor and they told me that per aFe, mine "should be shipping no later than 12-26-2021 but could ship sooner". But I will believe it when I see it.
I will be there the beginning of next week and I will see what they say about getting them out. Next week will be big to see if all of the molds came out as expected. If everything is good, they will complete the directions and everything should start going out from there.

Explorer ST Posts