Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

COBB Accessport - Goosetuned Tuning thread

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Little late to post here, but I'll revisit what I've posted on my pages. Also, I vlogged bits of the day!

Day 1: COBB Accessport Release Day

I was able to spend a TON of time on the dyno launch day! To date I've done close to 600 pulls in this ST. More than half of it's miles are EXTREME testing miles.

2023 ST
CVF Intercooler
FenFab Intake + piping

01/11/2024
Dynojet 424xl Dyno

Stock: 354whp 430wtq
COBB OTS 91oct: 383whp 437wtq (+30whp)
Goosetuned 91oct: 436whp 450wtq (+82whp)
Goosetuned E50: 473whp 468wtq (+119whp)

stock vs cobb ots 91 vs goose 91 vs goose E50.png

I think that's pretty good for the first day. I can't wait to see how things go after having used the software for 4-5yrs.
If you didn't read my introductory post, I specialize on the Ecoboost platform. I tune it every single day of the week. So this is not a stretch.
I have some fueling bits coming (thank you, Uwe from XDI!), downpipes that need to go on, and bigger turbos in the near future. But turbos wont go on until I make 525+whp out of the stock turbos.

Stay tuned!

-Winfield

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 exSt
Do you have to keep the access port hooked up 24/7? Or can you unplug and put in glove box after installing tune?

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
You can put it in the glovebox after install, it doesn't need to stay connected. You only need to connect it if you need or want to use it

Excalibur

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
For anyone that is on the fence, Goose is a pretty good tuner. Loved his tunes on my STI.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Good to see you over here after all the great tuning you’ve done for the Raptor EcoBoost. Just note that the weakest link on the ST is the differential support. Not sure if your test bed vehicle came with a three bolt or four bolt mount but regardless you may want to check the rear bolt(s) to see if they’ve bent given the number of launches you’ve done. Given your HP/Torque goals a third party differential brace wouldn’t be a bad thing to add. :)

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
For anyone that is on the fence, Goose is a pretty good tuner. Loved his tunes on my STI.
Thank you!!

Good to see you over here after all the great tuning you’ve done for the Raptor EcoBoost. Just note that the weakest link on the ST is the differential support. Not sure if your test bed vehicle came with a three bolt or four bolt mount but regardless you may want to check the rear bolt(s) to see if they’ve bent given the number of launches you’ve done. Given your HP/Torque goals a third party differential brace wouldn’t be a bad thing to add. :)
Thanks for the tips man!

That's one of the first things I got! So I went in to launch testing once that was installed. I never did a single pull on my stock 1-bolt.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Kind of figured you didn’t go into this blind but better safe than sorry. Wish the ST had as sturdy a rear end as the Raptor but they are two different beasts. Look forward to seeing your progress on getting most out of the ST platform.

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Thanks a ton for the support man, I really appreciate it!

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
A new member and he's tuning...welcome, welcome! Very interested!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 exSt
@GooseTuned What PID or readings do you suggest customers keep up with on a obd sensor app that are helpful on a tuned exST?

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
Really whatever your tuner tells you to monitor. I would ask them honestly

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
Well guys after tuning several of these cars, I can definitely say it's extremely similar to Raptor, so a short leap!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Maybe a silly question, but why does your dyno run of the stock Ford tune show ~50lb/ft more torque than others tuners stock runs. Then your tuned torque numbers show virtually no improvement over stock, compared to other tuners dyno sheets.

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
I am at higher altitudes so the car will make more boost in order to hit load targets. 2-3psi more than other sea level guys.

I am currently limiting load (boost) at the lower end and ramping it in to keep torque flat.

This past week I've been doing a TON of tuning, so I'll be posting some more dyno charts shortly!

May have found even more power on 91 :cool:

91.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks for the quick reply, just wasn't sure and was curious.

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #17
Absolutely! Anytime man, good question!

OP
GooseTuned
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST