Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Builds are now in Trackhawk territory

Reactions
I would like to know what was done to that ST to get those numbers?

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #3
quoted from elsewhere

That is Theo’s ST.

He is on E50 in that run with the following mods:

ZFG Tune
E50
Whipper IC
SPD Downpipes
XDI upgraded HPFP(Fuel Pump)
Meth Injection

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I would like to know what was done to that ST to get those numbers?
SPD downpipes
XDI hpfp
ZFG E50 tune
Meth
Whipple IC
Those are the big mods. It’s also on super light 18” Rays wheels with drag radials.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Pump really wasn’t needed...Meth makes up for that. The pump is there for Mods that are coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m going out on a limb and saying 11.80’s will be happening on 93 and Boostane within the next month or so. Ethanol tunes will only get quicker.

fishdizzle

Reactions
Do you know the meth kit?
Was it sprayed onto the IC or into the hose?

LokiWolf

Reactions
It was used for fuel not cooling...Upgraded IC handles that.

Reactions

It was used for fuel not cooling...Upgraded IC handles that.

It's sprayed into a Prometh sleeve right before the throttle body. It's installed it with the intent of bringing the MCT's down, didn't want the car to be dependent on the meth for fueling. This video shows how it's plumbed in:

LokiWolf

Reactions
It's sprayed into a Prometh sleeve right before the throttle body. It's installed it with the intent of bringing the MCT's down, didn't want the car to be dependent on the meth for fueling. This video shows how it's plumbed in:

Thanks Theo! Awesome run! Is it used for fueling at all?

Reactions

How is the truck holding up under all the abuse and added power levels? Any trans/clutch issues?

Reactions
How is the truck holding up under all the abuse and added power levels? Any trans/clutch issues?
No issues thus far. Bigger turbos are on the way. I plan to upgrade the clutches on the 10R60 eventually.

Reactions
No issues thus far. Bigger turbos are on the way. I plan to upgrade the clutches on the 10R60 eventually.
That is great to hear!

Blackssr

Reactions
I own both a 2021 ST and 2018 TrackHawk. In stock form the ST is no match for the TrackHawk. However, the Trackhawk is nearly double the price. The whine of that blower is music to my ears but the ST is the best value in the performance SUV. Throw 10-15 G at the ST and you have a true world beater when it comes to SUVs.

RevlineST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Sport Mode, Traction Control off, stand on the brake, get RPM’s over 2500, floor it, release brake, GO!
Tried this with my 2021 ST and highest I could get the RPM's was 2200/2300. I've read elsewhere the happy spot for launching is 2900, but it seems the computer's in the 21 models won't let it choot any higher than the 2200/2300 mark while standing on the brake with gas pedal floored and TC off. Any ideas on what else may need to be turned off/deactivated?

LokiWolf

Reactions
Tried this with my 2021 ST and highest I could get the RPM's was 2200/2300. I've read elsewhere the happy spot for launching is 2900, but it seems the computer's in the 21 models won't let it choot any higher than the 2200/2300 mark while standing on the brake with gas pedal floored and TC off. Any ideas on what else may need to be turned off/deactivated?
Tuned?

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
We use to (back in the 60s ) did the brake and laugh , but with built tranny and stall converters.

Wouldn't holding brake and 2500 rpm be hard on tranny?

Unless modified.

Jim