Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Builds are now in Trackhawk territory

RevlineST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Unfortunately not at this time. Bone stock. Just picked it up a week ago. Saw in another forum post (or comment elsewhere on this forum) there will be a tune coming from Ford Performance sometime soon, so I am holding out for that seeing how it (tune from FP) would not void the warranty.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Unfortunately not at this time. Bone stock. Just picked it up a week ago. Saw in another forum post (or comment elsewhere on this forum) there will be a tune coming from Ford Performance sometime soon, so I am holding out for that seeing how it (tune from FP) would not void the warranty.
I hear that. It would be great if FP gave us a time frame. If it doesn't show for another 3 years, I'll get another tune.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Then you will not be able to get to the 2900 that those that are tuned can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RevlineST

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I hear that. It would be great if FP gave us a time frame. If it doesn't show for another 3 years, I'll get another tune.
Yeah, I will likely end up doing the same thing closer to, or after warranty expiration.

Then you will not be able to get to the 2900 that those that are tuned can.
Had figured that was the case based on your question. Blows how these newer vehicles are like Android phones back when it was really popular to Root them.

Reactions
If you are worried about the warranty (as I was), why don't you go with 5 Star?

5 Star offers a warranty package. 5 years/60,000 miles is $500 and 6 years/100,000 miles is $1,000. I went with the 5/60 since I can't imagine the 6/100 being worth it for double the price.

Reading up on the F150 forums, the few that had to use 5 Star's warranty were very happy with the service.

LokiWolf

Reactions
If you are worried about the warranty (as I was), why don't you go with 5 Star?

5 Star offers a warranty package. 5 years/60,000 miles is $500 and 6 years/100,000 miles is $1,000. I went with the 5/60 since I can't imagine the 6/100 being worth it for double the price.

Reading up on the F150 forums, the few that had to use 5 Star's warranty were very happy with the service.
Isn’t the tune offered a lesser tune than the Non-Warranty tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KegsBdry

Reactions

And second question: What horsepower/torque increases are promised on both versions (warranty / non warranty)?

I don't know if it's worth it spending $600 + for increasing it 25 horsepower safely. :confused:

Reactions

Not that I’m aware of. Even if it is, however, the improvements over stock are night and day. It’s not remotely Similar to what it was.

They’ll retune for free for time bought through them as well. Will be doing down pipes and the Whipple IC at some point.

Reactions
And second question: What horsepower/torque increases are promised on both versions (warranty / non warranty)?

I don't know if it's worth it spending $600 + for increasing it 25 horsepower safely. :confused:
I think it's a similar idea as the Ford Performance tunes. I have a 2004 GTO that is heavily built and I have no real desire to use my ST in the same manner. I wanted some performance gains without going to the extreme and with the fact that I'm not out a few grand if I pop the transmission or engine.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Yngrshr I have a 2005 GTO and a 1968 GTO and love them both. 2005 will run rings around the 68. 05 not highly modified but when tuned right ran 1/4 at 113 MPH at 12.25. Taken a couple gold awards at the nationals with the 68. Taking the 05 to the national in July. I too enjoy driving my ST. Love it.

Reactions
Yngrshr I have a 2005 GTO and a 1968 GTO and love them both. 2005 will run rings around the 68. 05 not highly modified but when tuned right ran 1/4 at 113 MPH at 12.25. Taken a couple gold awards at the nationals with the 68. Taking the 05 to the national in July. I too enjoy driving my ST. Love it.
The Aussies knew how to build a good RWD sedan and coupe that's for sure, to bad GM drug them under (no pun intended) just like most other companies they bought over the years.

2016 SS in my garage along with the ST.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I agree with you 100%. It broke my heart when they did away with Pontiac.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I agree with you 100%. It broke my heart when they did away with Pontiac.
It brings me back every time I see a Pontiac on the road. I figured that G8 would have brought them back before the fall. :cry: It's basically has a very close body style to a Chevy SS!

Reactions
I asked this question to 5 Star Tuning yesterday.

Apparently the only difference in a tune with a warranty purchase versus a tune without is this: "The only difference is we disable any user options so the custom tune can't be changed on your end to make sure everything stays within safety parameters. We recommend even without this feature that if you want something changed about the tune that you reach out to us so that we can revise your tunes!"

Basically, they just lock the tune - which I think is completely understandable.

Reactions
Such great cars.

I think mine has had about 200 miles on it this year. Debating throwing an LSA on it next year or Procharger.