Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Brake Torque Starts Versus Rolling Starts

F=MA

Reactions
The only time I perform the brake torque starts is when I am recording a run for ZFG. Bangs hard into second like my old SS454. I assume there is some level of stress and strain with this activity regarding the driveline. If I keep tweaking this ST and approach 600 to 650 hp at the rear wheels will I really need to mess with a Level 10 transmission/converter if I only punch it while already rolling at various speeds of 5 to 30 mph? This ST is just my daily driver/work truck.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I just got ours back from the dealer … seals on the transfer case to the driver side axle were leaking and needed replacing. . Thought it was the drain plug from the oil chive cause it ran straight down to the oil pan over the plug.

I’m sure it was from multiple boost lunches. Doubt I will do another brake launch with out building a legit trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
The only time I perform the brake torque starts is when I am recording a run for ZFG. Bangs hard into second like my old SS454. I assume there is some level of stress and strain with this activity regarding the driveline. If I keep tweaking this ST and approach 600 to 650 hp at the rear wheels will I really need to mess with a Level 10 transmission/converter if I only punch it while already rolling at various speeds of 5 to 30 mph? This ST is just my daily driver/work truck.
If you are banging gears, send Adam a log. I had rough 3/4 and 4/5 shifts. Sent him some logs and viola, after a revision, butter smooth in every gear. launches at WOT are a walk in the park now.