Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Brake replacement

Reactions
I have 62,000 kilometers on my 2020 & I'm curious to when people changed there brakes. Also I drive 80% highway. This is my first awd vehicle do I change all the brakes at the same time or just the fronts first. Thank you all on advance.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Can’t help you on high mileage but if you pull the wheel you can check how much pad is left. ST uses braking for awd/traction control too. Hopefully others will chime in but I got over 100k on a highway driver yet my wife can barely get 30k out of a set.

As to one axle or two, if they are close in wear I would do them all at once if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I probably drive 80% highway too and bought pads for when the stock street pack wear out--that was about 20k miles ago. Still going strong at 69k miles!

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Can’t help you on high mileage but if you pull the wheel you can check how much pad is left. ST uses braking for awd/traction control too. Hopefully others will chime in but I got over 100k on a highway driver yet my wife can barely get 30k out of a set.

As to one axle or two, if they are close in wear I would do them all at once if needed.

Thank you

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I probably drive 80% highway too and bought pads for when the stock street pack wear out--that was about 20k miles ago. Still going strong at 69k miles!
Thank you. Good to know.

irontmp

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
BMW

My dealer here in Southern California told me I have 5mm left on my rear brake pads. I have a 2019 Ascent with 45,000 miles. My car is 4 years old and most of my driving is short drives with a few longer trips of approx. 2,500 miles during this time. He suggested new pads because I might have 1500 left before they get to 3mm which he stated is when they need to be replaced. The cost for the rear brake pads and resurfacing the rotors is $482.05 ($180.00 parts and $289.00 Labor}. I would like to know what kind of mileage others have on their Ascents before needing pads and approx. how much did your Subaru dealer charge? Thank you for your responses