Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Bora Wheel Spacers 1.5"

Reactions
Can anyone share their alignment specs with similar mods, specifically the rear?
  • H&R springs
  • 1" Bora spacers front
  • 1.25" Bora spacers rear
The reason I ask, is my shop aligned it to "factory spec", but visually the ~2 degrees camber in the rear does not look factory. I dropped it off to them with the spacers already installed; wondering if they used that suspension geometry as a target to align.

I'd like to push back and try and get a bit less camber in the rear, unless others on here have similar camber specs with spacers/springs and it's simply not possible without further modification.

alignment.jpg

Kosai

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Anyone have wheel bearing issues since running wheel spacers? I was told how much more stress and pressure there was on the bearings and now I’m afraid

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Anyone have wheel bearing issues since running wheel spacers? I was told how much more stress and pressure there was on the bearings and now I’m afraid
I'm no engineer but I would assume that the larger the spacer, the greater the stress on the bearings; with so many people using spacers on the road and even on ST's you'd think you would've heard something by now. Nowhere in the group have I found a negative review and I think you should just do what you want. Spend money to drive a nice car, to mod that nice car to what you want, and to fix anything that a mod breaks... live YOUR life full, fast, and hard!!!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
There isn't any question that the further the load/leverage is from the center of the bearing, the greater the stress. That being said, it's nearly impossible to put a real statistic on how harmful it is, since there's no way of knowing what the engineers designed as leeway into the bearing specs.

Will a 1.5" spacer put more strain on the bearings and increase wear? Absolutely. Would I put this on my vehicle to achieve "perfect" fender alignment? No. However, if you're not applying significant lateral loads, it probably isn't going to cause a catastrophic failure unless you ignore the signs.

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
Good stuff! Seems like the perfect space would be 1.25" front and 1.5" rear....

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Good stuff! Seems like the perfect space would be 1.25" front and 1.5" rear....
No…if you just have to use spacers with stock 21’s then perfect is 1” front and rear with rear camber set to -.5°.

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
No…if you just have to use spacers with stock 21’s then perfect is 1” front and rear with rear camber set to -.5°.
Okay, so no spacer in the rear is recommended?

SmittysST

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 FORD Explorer ST
It says front and rear.
Copy that, see that now. I do remember reading a thread where you commented that the rear is inset more than the front, and yes it does appear they do, so with rear camber set to -5* evens that out? Thx again!

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
But anything less than 1.25 spacer and you will have to cut the studs. Which is a pain. that's why I just went with 1.25 spacers.