Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Bora Wheel Spacers 1.5"

Reactions
Hey all,
Maybe it's already been posted but does anyone have photos of 1.5" rear Bora spacers on their ST?
Tks.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Well looks like nobody put 1.5" on the rear..Well ...this guys did :)
Put them on today and they give the rear a more beefy aggressive look.
Just enough poke out for my liking.
If anyone wants a photo I can send, tks.

Reactions
I'd love to see it. I have 1 in spacers on mine

Reactions
Maybe both of you guys can post pictures of the rear. I’d do the same to the front as to the rear if I did that. I have this fear of spacers messing with the suspension geometry so I’ve been holding off.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Ok I'll take some pics tomorrow just need to remind myself lol.
One thing I noticed is the rear tires now angle out a bit as if there was a camber kit or something. They're not straight and probably on a 5 to 10% angle..is this normal?

Reactions
I mistyped....1.25in spacers front
and back.

View attachment 10877
Do you have 21” or 20” wheels? I’ve got stock 20” wheels and have wondered if 1.25” spacers would work on mine? I do not want to cut the studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Do you have 21” or 20” wheels? I’ve got stock 20” wheels and have wondered if 1.25” spacers would work on mine? I do not want to cut the studs.
My bora spacers should be here tomorrow, and I have the 20's on my ST. I ordered 1.25's front and 1.5's rear. I'll let you know how they work out on the 20's

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
It does look like the camber is off. Is it the same way on the driver's side too? That would have nothing to do with the spacers.
Yes both sides are identical.
Should I get this looked at?
What do you guys think?

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
A couple of photos for yall.
Tks. View attachment 10875
The 1.5" spacers on 21" stock rims/tires.
Should the tires be on this angle?
Is this dangerous?
Been driving with them on for a few days and no issues.

Reactions
The 1.5" spacers on 21" stock rims/tires.
Should the tires be on this angle?
Is this dangerous?
Been driving with them on for a few days and no issues.
Not dangerous but negative camber will wear out the inside of your tires faster. Handling through corners might actually be better though. For sure have the alignment checked.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
Not dangerous but negative camber will wear out the inside of your tires faster. Handling through corners might actually be better though. For sure have the alignment checked.
What would you recommend? 1" spacers? Would 1" spacers cause any alignment issues?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
What would you recommend? 1" spacers? Would 1" spacers cause any alignment issues?
The spacers are having ZERO effect on the negative camber people are seeing in that pic. They are just pushing the wheel further outboard so its a little more visible as you have the fender to sight along and give a point of reference. An alignment shop will let you know if you are within spec though--it could just be an optical illusion. You don't appear to have lowering springs so its odd that you would have excess negative camber from the factory.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
The spacers are having ZERO effect on the negative camber people are seeing in that pic. They are just pushing the wheel further outboard so its a little more visible as you have the fender to sight along and give a point of reference. An alignment shop will let you know if you are within spec though--it could just be an optical illusion. You don't appear to have lowering springs so its odd that you would have excess negative camber from the factory.
No lowering springs still stock. I might just take them off to avoid any problems.

Reactions
My bora spacers should be here tomorrow, and I have the 20's on my ST. I ordered 1.25's front and 1.5's rear. I'll let you know how they work out on the 20's
Appreciate it, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Toe wears tires much faster than camber. You can have 3-4° and not wear a tire with proper toe settings. I can wear the tread off a set of tires in 100 miles with nothing more than a toe change.

Reactions
Toe wears tires much faster than camber. You can have 3-4° and not wear a tire with proper toe settings. I can wear the tread off a set of tires in 100 miles with nothing more than a toe change.
What are your thoughts on spacers and their effect on suspension geometry? I’m thinking of 1.25-1.5”. If I were thinking of changing out the wheels, I know that going with a different offset would be better than spacers.