Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Blow Off Valve for the ST

Reactions
I have not had any issues with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Anyone get a Check Engine light with the install of the Turbosmart BOV? Had mine on for 3 weeks or so. All good and just threw a code tonight. I am going out to see which one. FordConnect App says it has to do with electrical and the turbo.
nothing since I installed it this past may.

ChrisnlBC

Reactions
Thanks Fellas. Wonder If I got a bad valve heres the code. I reset it and lets see if it returns.

ChrisnlBC

Reactions
this may be a stupid question but where did you get the software/hardware to read codes and reset?
Not stupid at all. I have a cheap Wifi Ecu scanner from amazon and OBD fusion iphone app.

Reset and it hasnt returned yet. This is after a long trip also. No issues knock on wood.

Jwbreeding

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
I like the sound of the bomb one. I had one for my fusion, I still need to hear the turbosmart version.

Sanscritt

Reactions
How difficult is the install?

Reactions
I like the sound of the bomb one. I had one for my fusion, I still need to hear the turbosmart version.
id go for the Whoosh motorsports BOV adapter. Same as boomba for almost half the price. Sounds great / identical to boomba

KegsBdry

Reactions
id go for the Whoosh motorsports BOV adapter. Same as boomba for almost half the price. Sounds great / identical to boomba
Boomba is a good, well known brand. I've had a turbo blow up due to an aftermarket BOV before on an ST. Costs were well over $2K to fix. I'd stick to good parts that you can trust.

I'm new to the Whoosh products.

Reactions
Boomba is a good, well known brand. I've had a turbo blow up due to an aftermarket BOV before on an ST. Costs were well over $2K to fix. I'd stick to good parts that you can trust.

So supposedly the Whoosh BOV is identical to the Boomba but I'm intrigued to hear what BOV you had on your ST that was responsible for exploding ur turbo. I'm guessing it was probably a home-made concoction of misc universal parts?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
So supposedly the Whoosh BOV is identical to the Boomba but I'm intrigued to hear what BOV you had on your ST that was responsible for exploding ur turbo. I'm guessing it was probably a home-made concoction of misc universal parts?
Neither of the things you list are BOV’s. They’re simple VTA spacers.

Reactions

surprising you had an "ST" and never heard of us, we manufacture intakes, intercoolers, big brake kits, charge pipes, oil drain plugs, BOV spacers, short shift kit, CNC bushing kits, shift knobs, engine mounts, gel and vinyl decals, symposer deletes, hybrid turbos, downpipes both catted and catless, etc etc etc under our house brand whoosh motorsports
along with the hundreds of parts we retail for other manufacturers
We also have the largest selection of Explorer ST parts of any other site you'll find. Give us a try!

www.whooshmotorsports.com

Sanscritt

Reactions
Do the VTA cause any problems? I know they don’t do anything to help, just the noise, but do they cause and possible problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KegsBdry

Reactions
surprising you had an "ST" and never heard of us, we manufacture intakes, intercoolers, big brake kits, charge pipes, oil drain plugs, BOV spacers, short shift kit, CNC bushing kits, shift knobs, engine mounts, gel and vinyl decals, symposer deletes, hybrid turbos, downpipes both catted and catless, etc etc etc under our house brand whoosh motorsports
along with the hundreds of parts we retail for other manufacturers
We also have the largest selection of Explorer ST parts of any other site you'll find. Give us a try!

www.whooshmotorsports.com
Looks like I have some learning to do. Thank you.

Explorer ST Posts