Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Blackstone Oil Analysis Reports

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #21
This my Yancey analysis from January.

May get a Blackstone next time. The Yancey kit is free for me. View attachment 17309
Thanks for posting! Its good to get some more data in this thread.

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #22
Looks like we finally got some of the creeping numbers under control and with an even longer oil change interval.

For the guys out there doing changes at 3k or even 5k. Looks like as long as you have a good oil, we are pretty good to 7500 miles between changes. I will continue to do 5k just because this vehicle sees lots of cold starts and short trips but its nice to know that at least the Amsoil Signature Series is able to control the shear in this engine really really well.

1684876537774.png

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Silver Spruce Explorer ST
Looks like we finally got some of the creeping numbers under control and with an even longer oil change interval.

For the guys out there doing changes at 3k or even 5k. Looks like as long as you have a good oil, we are pretty good to 7500 miles between changes. I will continue to do 5k just because this vehicle sees lots of cold starts and short trips but its nice to know that at least the Amsoil Signature Series is able to control the shear in this engine really really well.

View attachment 17972
Thanks for posting these. They are both interesting and informative.

Reactions
Here's my most recent change. FRAM 5W30 full Synthetic.

ST UOA2.jpg