Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Best tune for 2020 Ford Explorer ST

F=MA

Reactions
I am a couple of revisions into my E50 ZFG tune and the ST is becoming a beast. Hang on !! So I have written two E50 tunes to the vehicle and now my auto start/stop appears to have quit working. The light does not come on when I press the button on and off. In normal mode, I can pull up to a red light and the vehicle does not shut off like it did before writing the tunes to the vehicle. I am not complaining as I hate the auto start/stop feature and may not need to install the module from my previous ST to make it remember the last setting. Anyone have this issue? I wonder if I disconnect the battery if it will reset the auto start/stop?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
What is your guys general guidance on how many miles to put on the vehicle before doing a tune? ZFG seems to be the consensus on tune. I have Borla S exhaust, K&N filter, and will get Whipple Intercooler and can't wait to get to ~4 secs 0-60. Only got 250 miles on the car and deciding how long I can wait :)
up to you. The car actually throttles itself until about 500miles. My usual rule of thumb is after the first oil change. But some guys have seen electrical things and transmission things pop up around the 2500mi mark. So if you want to make sure you don’t have a lemon or anything that’s going to need some dealer work to iron out any kinks... maybe wait till a few thousand?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I am a couple of revisions into my E50 ZFG tune and the ST is becoming a beast. Hang on !! So I have written two E50 tunes to the vehicle and now my auto start/stop appears to have quit working. The light does not come on when I press the button on and off. In normal mode, I can pull up to a red light and the vehicle does not shut off like it did before writing the tunes to the vehicle. I am not complaining as I hate the auto start/stop feature and may not need to install the module from my previous ST to make it remember the last setting. Anyone have this issue? I wonder if I disconnect the battery if it will reset the auto start/stop?
It may be a tune feature Adam turned off. I need to ask...I’d be happy to have it gone.

Reactions
It's shut off in the tune.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Hook a brother up. lol
Hurricane #3 is gone...testing resumes tomorrow. lol
It's yours not shut off? Usually I shut it off unless it's requested to stay on! Just put it in notes when you submit your data log

LokiWolf

Reactions
It's yours not shut off? Usually I shut it off unless it's requested to stay on! Just put it in notes when you submit your data log

I wonder what fool asked you to keep it on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

F=MA

Reactions
It is shut off which is an unexpected bonus !!

Reactions
New here as well just picked up my 20 ST few weeks ago best time was a 13.71 highest 14.0 flat first time.running it. Looking at the palm beach 93 tune. Trucks all.stock whats everyone running on the tune only? 12s? That what it seems?? Thanks!

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
On the Livernois, it is a dash option that you can check or uncheck. 80A77206-CD5F-4E4F-84B4-3CCCF06C5BED.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions
New here as well just picked up my 20 ST few weeks ago best time was a 13.71 highest 14.0 flat first time.running it. Looking at the palm beach 93 tune. Trucks all.stock whats everyone running on the tune only? 12s? That what it seems?? Thanks!
Congrats! The majority of tuned owners are getting in the 12's.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Deep 12’s are pretty easy on a good 93 tune. 11’s on an E50 tune. A Whipple intercooler should be on your very short list of mods though.

LokiWolf

Reactions
On the Livernois, it is a dash option that you can check or uncheck. View attachment 2168
Hahaha! That just displays whether it is doing it or not. It has ZERO effect on the operation of it.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hahaha! That just displays whether it is doing it or not. It has ZERO effect on the operation of it.

OK thanks. I thought that was an enable/disable toggle. I guess they deactivate it in the tune.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST

How do you get the speedometer in the center of the display? I've seen pictures of it, but can't get mine to do it.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
How do you get the speedometer in the center of the display? I've seen pictures of it, but can't get mine to do it.
you have to have cruise control set to normal (not adaptive or intelligent), and then toggle the switch at the end of the turn signal stalk to turn lane keep assist off.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
you have to have cruise control set to normal (not adaptive or intelligent), and then toggle the switch at the end of the turn signal stalk to turn lane keep assist off.
Thanks. I wonder why the routine.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Nope. Mine is set to intelligent.

Lane keep assist does have to be off though. If it is on, it will move the speedo left.

Distance indication has to be turned off...

That is all. If you turn lane keep assist on or cruise it will move to the left.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Nope. Mine is set to intelligent.

Lane keep assist does have to be off though. If it is on, it will move the speedo left.

Distance indication has to be turned off...

That is all. If you turn lane keep assist on or cruise it will move to the left.

Ah... "distance indication". thanks for the clarification. i knew it was that pic of the car in front of you that had to be turned off... just forgot where it was stuck. Thanks!

Reactions
I just got my 93 tune from ZFG and I am seriously impressed. This is how the vehicle should have came from the factory.