Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Best tune for 2020 Ford Explorer ST

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Good stuff!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I told him I had been messaging you and wanted the same thing. If you have time, I'd like to talk with you about a few things with the tune. I can PM my number.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
All data logging and final adjustments were made to the 93 tune from ZFG. Lets just say I am more than happy. Very impressive.

124172127_10208219627406594_8083574839973424266_n.jpg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
All data logging and final adjustments were made to the 93 tune from ZFG. Lets just say I am more than happy. Very impressive.

View attachment 2508
A lot of us come from vehicles with way more power...but there’s just something fun about these peppy little bastards.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
A lot of us come from vehicles with way more power...but there’s just something fun about these peppy little bastards.
Agreed......I've had quite a few faster cars, but it is definitely nice to have a practical family vehicle that is also fun to drive. It's such a nice day that I'm taking Vanessa out for a spin today. :cool: From what I've seen and heard, you and I share more commonalities than just first names and ocd'ness. ;)

71971779_10206509288609193_483933159449165824_o.jpg 88133212_10207132526949762_5301041910251520000_o.jpg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I wanted to like this ST...I just didn’t wanna like it this much. With the tune, suspension and as of yesterday finally the tires dialed in with the wheels it’s just stupid fun. I kinda forgot you don’t need the fastest thing on the block to enjoy the drive. Now if tire mfg’s will get some summer tires going so I can get my 315’s I’ll be really happy. The 305’s are stuffed pretty good though. 5E541E37-876B-425F-BD7C-0428F05C0F5D.png

Inkus

Reactions
Livernois was kind enough to only charge me the cost of shipping the tuner to change it from the 17 Explorer Sport that I traded in for the ST. Definitely great customer service from LMS the whole way.

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Livernois was kind enough to only charge me the cost of shipping the tuner to change it from the 17 Explorer Sport that I traded in for the ST. Definitely great customer service from LMS the whole way.
I've done that twice with them. Great company to do business with.
BTW I am more than pleased with my ST tune from them! :)

Reactions
I wanted to like this ST...I just didn’t wanna like it this much. With the tune, suspension and as of yesterday finally the tires dialed in with the wheels it’s just stupid fun. I kinda forgot you don’t need the fastest thing on the block to enjoy the drive. Now if tire mfg’s will get some summer tires going so I can get my 315’s I’ll be really happy. The 305’s are stuffed pretty good though. View attachment 2511
Hey brother!
Can you share the wheel/tire info from the pic!
Exactly the look I’m going for! Need to trim or make any modifications? Looks like you lowered it also?
Thanks in advance

LokiWolf

Reactions
Reactions

LEGEND

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
First time posting here sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

Just read all the posts in this thread and they all seem to pertain to the 2020 ST. I picked up a 2021 ST in December and was wondering if this info was pertinent to my model year or should I be looking elsewhere.

Reactions
First time posting here sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

Just read all the posts in this thread and they all seem to pertain to the 2020 ST. I picked up a 2021 ST in December and was wondering if this info was pertinent to my model year or should I be looking elsewhere.
I could be mistaken but it's the same. I have a '21 and am running the Livernois tune which I believe their site doesn't even show they support yet.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Tuning is the same for 20-21

Reactions
Has anyone seen or heard any more about the Ford Racing tune? I’m leasing (for now) so wish to keep warranty intact. Have read whole thread (fantastic info) and if i end up buying it out at end of lease, ZFG time if no Ford racing tune yet. I have been hanging around serious explorations for 1.5 years not sure how i did not find this place until now. :(

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Hey guys can anyone give their thoughts between PBD vs ZFG. Negatives about each and positives that one or the other may have over each other. I see ZFG is out of the game for anywhere from 2-5 more months. I'm in no rush since I just picked it up a few days ago. I had both of my previous Explorer Sports tunes. Thanks.

Reactions
I've heard both are pretty good. I have ZFG and get updates after sending Adam my logs, and I don't know if PBD does the same. But, there are people here who have ZFG and PBD, and I have yet to see anything negative from either.

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Does PBD also use the same device as ZFG for tuning? I know I've read people have issues with the tuning of the tranny with certain tunes. Is there anyone who has had negative results with either in regards to the trans tuning? I know I saw the nguage referenced with PBD. Knowing that it's at the end of its life does it make sense to tune with it and does it work well with the transmission tuning?

Reactions
Does PBD also use the same device as ZFG for tuning? I know I saw the nguage referenced with PBD. Knowing that it's at the end of its life does it make sense to tune with it and does it work well with the transmission tuning?
PBD does not use the NGauge anymore, they use the RTD.

No clue what ZFG uses as they arent doing any tunes right now, but I have seen people mention both the MPVI2 and the RTD... which are BOTH the same unit, just the RTD doesnt have the ability to open/modify the tune files...