Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Backup Camera on Larger screen

Reactions
Not sure how everyone else thinks it should be configured compared to what it is now (I think we all agree it's horrible as is), but thought I would do a quick and dirty photoshop of how I think Ford should have done it. I could be wrong, but can't imagine it would take all that much for the Dev's to give a much better layout than they did!

20210703_220402 copy.jpg

Reactions
This is actually a great layout! I wish Ford would have made this layout over what we currently have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That does look great. But I drove my neighbors Ram yesterday and it's not much different than the ST. Just a little larger due to the bigger screen that it has.

OP
boosted_st
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
It makes me wonder if the larger screens for Sync 4 will be an after though on all this stuff as well since smaller screens will still be the standard I'm sure. It's really sad they don't put more thought into it.

Reactions
Not sure how everyone else thinks it should be configured compared to what it is now (I think we all agree it's horrible as is), but thought I would do a quick and dirty photoshop of how I think Ford should have done it. I could be wrong, but can't imagine it would take all that much for the Dev's to give a much better layout than they did!

View attachment 6726
My BMW overlayed the vehicle sensor graphic on top of the 360 camera. Saves even more space.

OP
boosted_st
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
My BMW overlayed the vehicle sensor graphic on top of the 360 camera. Saves even more space.

The smaller screen does that I think, it makes sense on that one. However I can't see a layout where that would work well with the portrait layout of the large screen, you really couldn't have both camera views use the whole screen.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST

View attachment 6726
I heard your wish might be coming in next version or two.....

Reactions
I heard your wish might be coming in next version or two.....
Interesting, link?

Im hopping they also fix the android auto/carplay full portrait display. Subaru did it for Apple Carplay and looks much better.

Reactions
I hope this isn't a rumor

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST Star White
got my survery on the 2022 and exactly what i mention needed to be done, the sync 3 and the big screen optimizations are terrible

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST - Atlas Blue
got my survery on the 2022 and exactly what i mention needed to be done, the sync 3 and the big screen optimizations are terrible
I did the exact same thing!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
For comparison sake, this is what the cameras look like on my Mach-E...which makes much better use of the entire screen. Needless to say I was disappointed the first time I put my ST in reverse.
MME Screen.jpg