Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Awesome Android box for Wireless carplay & Android Auto

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
What does this do that connecting an Android phone by cable doesn’t?

Reactions
I find it funny that the 2021 Edge has wireless android auto, but the Explorer doesn't.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I find it funny that the 2021 Edge has wireless android auto, but the Explorer doesn't.
Ford figures they will sell just as many without it, and even by removing features. Probably true.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Ford figures they will sell just as many without it, and even by removing features. Probably true.
You may be right, but Ford definitely knows how to differentiate the market and has a lot of data on customers and competitors. It probably comes down to marketing and age of drivers. An older, more well-heeled crowd that will buy the explorer is a different market from a younger group that would go for the Edge and is more interested in cross-shopping tech features.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Care to share a short video of the cool things that can be done? I see these posted occasionally and even searched them on Amazon but have not been able to see any real life use of them. Especially in the ST. Particularly curious how the wireless CarPlay works and then utilization of android apps.

These are a bit more pricier when compared to the regular wireless adapters so curious to see

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST - STAR WHITE
This wireless carplay adapter on Amazon was $118. Works flawlessly. Tucks away in the under dash bin, and automatically connects to my iPhone wirelessly. Nice to not have cables hanging all over or having the panel open to set your phone in WIRELESS CARPLAY.jpg .

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This wireless carplay adapter on Amazon was $118. Works flawlessly. Tucks away in the under dash bin, and automatically connects to my iPhone wirelessly. Nice to not have cables hanging all over or having the panel open to set your phone in View attachment 14323 .
Does the SuperiorTek pass song titles correctly to the car (displayed on the dash and console)? How reliably does it connect?

Reactions
Vehicle
It passes along anything that would be on CarPlay or Android aural. It just connects to your device wirelessly. Never had a connection problem

Reactions
Vehicle
Automatically, not aural. Darned spell check