Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Auto Start-Stop disable/turn-off best options??

Reactions
I just lightly tap the throtlle and it restart and disables...works great with the Auto Hold....

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
One thing about it, it doesn’t require a Master Tech to install it.

Blackssr

Reactions
OK... Texted the wife, who is the organized one. I am out of town. The code I used was "Welcomeback" for $15.00 off. Mileage may vary.

Reactions
Does this device also work with the brake hold feature? Can someone test and see?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Just purchased one for the Blue Beast.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I’m not sure what the brake hold feature is. That said, all this device does is remember the last position the Auto Stop feature was in when you shut the vehicle off. If you had it off when you shut it down it will be off the next time you start it.

Last edited:

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Does this device also work with the brake hold feature? Can someone test and see?
No, it doesn't. The device only works with the auto stop/start. The brake hold can be controlled by it's own control button on the console.

F=MA

Reactions
Once you turn it on it will hold the brake pressure for you automatically at a stop light, etc. Now its a pain driving the other vehicle without this feature.

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Yes, the AutoStop Eliminator works great with the Auto Hold brake feature. I use both daily without any issues.

Reactions
No, it doesn't. The device only works with the auto stop/start. The brake hold can be controlled by it's own control button on the console.
Ok so this device only remembers the setting for the Auto/stop and doesn’t remember the setting for the brake hold correct? So if I want the brake hold feature on I would need to press that button every time I get into the vehicle but I wouldn’t need to for the Auto start/stop if I had that device in the vehicle.

Reactions
Ok so this device only remembers the setting for the Auto/stop and doesn’t remember the setting for the brake hold correct? So if I want the brake hold feature on I would need to press that button every time I get into the vehicle but I wouldn’t need to for the Auto start/stop if I had that device in the vehicle.
The Auto Hold stays on...you don't have to press it each time you start the vehicle.

Reactions
The Auto Hold stays on...you don't have to press it each time you start the vehicle.
Ok, that is good to know. My current vehicle I have to press the auto hold every time my car starts. Thanks for the information!

Reactions
Do people actually like the brake hold? I had it on for a while before I figured out what was going on and how to turn it off. Sometimes I want to roll forward and when I don't I keep my foot on the brake, don't need the vehicle to do it for me.

Reactions
Do people actually like the brake hold? I had it on for a while before I figured out what was going on and how to turn it off. Sometimes I want to roll forward and when I don't I keep my foot on the brake, don't need the vehicle to do it for me.
I like it...I had it on my Benz cars for years, and always missed having it when I jump in another car. I just like being able to relax at stop lights and rest my foot on the gas pedal and be ready to take off when the light turns green. ...and it works well with the Auto Stop...I just give the gas pedal a small press, and the engine restarts/Auto Stop disables and the car doesn't roll....

Blackssr

Reactions
I do not like it.. I keep things simple. I want my vehicle in my total control. It does feel natural to me.
Off Topic: The autonomous driving feature that the imbecile Elon Musk is touting on his overpriced Golf Carts is a disaster waiting to happen. Who would want that? If I am dropping $150K on a car, I want to drive it with little interference from a computer and enjoy the experience. I am eager to see how it plays out, if at all. I am thinking the DOT will shut it down before it even takes hold. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions
I do not like it.. I keep things simple. I want my vehicle in my total control. It does feel natural to me.
Off Topic: The autonomous driving feature that the imbecile Elon Musk is touting on his overpriced Golf Carts is a disaster waiting to happen. Who would want that? If I am dropping $150K on a car, I want to drive it with little interference from a computer and enjoy the experience. I am eager to see how that plays out if at all. I am thinking the DOT will shut it down before it even takes hold. Only time will tell.
I tried all the features, lane centering, adaptive cruise, rain sensing wipers, ECT and have been turning them off one by one. The rain sensing wipers are a joke or set up backwards, won't come on with water on windshield then go into super speed when not needed.

Blackssr

Reactions
I tried all the features, lane centering, adaptive cruise, rain sensing wipers, ECT and have been turning them off one by one. The rain sensing wipers are a joke or set up backwards, won't come on with water on windshield then go into super speed when not needed.
too funny... My wipers come on just after I spent 10 minutes cleaning the windshield.

jlchoutex

Reactions
Just put it in sport mode and it will disable it automatically.