Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Auto Start-Stop disable/turn-off best options??

Reactions
Hi all, most likely this was discussed numerous times here already but i cant find any good review on options to disable or turn-off Auto Start-Stop
Anyone who did disable or someway got the Auto option to manual ON/OFF please post your results and opinion
Thank you

I have ST & Platinum both 2021

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
My wife said she didn’t want to push a button every time she gets in the car. I have not installed it yet as I just got the car yesterday but I picked one of these up. They have a discount code that will let you buy it for $85. Same procedure for 2020 and 2021 model years.

Blackssr

Reactions
I have it as well. $ 85.00 free shipping. 10 min install. Works perfectly.

F=MA

Reactions
Mine got shut off permantely with my ZFG tune. I had the auto stop eliminator prior to that which worked well.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
So a question just went through my mind. Why does the Auto Start/Stop feature exist? A supposed fuel economy enhancement feature, right? So does that mean turning one of these off by way of a tune would not be in harmony with Big Brother and the ABC (EPA) company? They’re over fuel mileage standards as well as pollution aren’t they? The hardware piece is just a switch enhancement that already exists, you can turn it on or off by using the existing switch but doesn’t the tune effectively defeat the feature? Never would this thought have crossed my mind until I just read @F=MA post.

Last edited:

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I don't know about Big Brothers position on these, but I do know that stopping and starting a turbo constantly isn't good for it. We had two twin turbocharged, inter cooled, 16 cylinder MTU diesels on my last ship and the engineer would scream if I shut them down without letting them cool off first.

Blackssr

Reactions
I do know what they were thinking when some idiot came up with this feature. Who thought it would be a good idea\? I despise it. Walking out the door in the morning, I have to grab my wallet, keys, coffee, mask, Laptop, USB flash drive on neckless, Cell phone and chat with my 26 year old neighbor sunbathing in her two piece yellow bikini by her pool and get in the car without dropping anything. Once in the car, I have put all the crap where it needs to be, start the car, release park brake and still remember to hit that stupid button. Really? I am getting to old for this crap. lol. I miss the days where I just grabbed my keys and drove away without a care in the world. I do look forward to my neighbor Frankie (Francesca) and her killer tan and bikini. Love my morning chat with her. I wish all the things that annoy me could be solved for $ 85.00. I would be a happy man.

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
I don't know about Big Brothers position on these, but I do know that stopping and starting a turbo constantly isn't good for it. We had two twin turbocharged, inter cooled, 16 cylinder MTU diesels on my last ship and the engineer would scream if I shut them down without letting them cool off first.
This was painful to do and to watch. The noise was horrific. I had to demonstrate overspeed shutdown on EMD Locomotive Engines on the TATFs (USNS Apache Class Ocean Going tugs) for ABS and the Coast Guard. At 1980 RPM, she would overspeed, trip the Air Damper, cut off oil supply to the Governor and dump the oil supply. Bam she was down. This was in the early days before we had electronic simulation and frequency generators to simulate the RPM without ever running the engine. The Chief Engineer was not thrilled but it was an unmanned Engine Room and we had no other test method at the time.

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
Mine got shut off permantely with my ZFG tune. I had the auto stop eliminator prior to that which worked well.
Does yours boot into Sport Mode on Start up?

Blackssr

Reactions
@GearHead_1.. You purchased another ST for your wife?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
This is just the first one. I ordered it 3 months ago. It showed up almost 3 months to the day but yeah it’s hers.

demon19

Reactions
My wife said she didn’t want to push a button every time she gets in the car. I have not installed it yet as I just got the car yesterday but I picked one of these up. They have a discount code that will let you buy it for $85. Same procedure for 2020 and 2021 model years.

Hi There,

by any chance do you still have the discount code that you can share?

thanks

Blackssr

Reactions
"AutoVlog" a friend of mine used this code two days ago and it worked.

OP
cillik
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Thank you all for the posts. Just ordered two of these with discount code "AutoVlog"

Blackssr

Reactions
Was it 15 or 20 bucks off, I forget?

Blackssr

Reactions
I just tried the code it was $10 for AutoVlog code
TY.. I think I rec'd 15% when I purchased mine around Xmas. I do not remember exactly what the code was.

demon19

Reactions
TY.. I think I rec'd 15% when I purchased mine around Xmas. I do not remember exactly what the code was.
Im Just going to pull the trigger and buy it. Can’t stand the auto start and stop, it’s driving me crazy lol.....

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
FBFORD is what I used and was good for 15% off.

OP
cillik
Reactions
Thread Starter #20
1616353067148.png