Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Any pictures of stone blue?

Reactions
Looks like it's a new color for 2022 and they're keeping Atlas blue. I can't find any pictures of stone blue, anyone else have better luck?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
1635803214593.png 1635803549029.png
Not an actual photo, but this is on the build and price website.

Reactions
Stone blue is the same color as Lincolns fleet blue.

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
any pics of this yet in real life ? how dose it compare to the infinite blue they got rid of ?

I saw a video of it on you tube and it looked practicly grey.. but hey.. stone is in the name

Last edited:

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It is slightly more gray in person. I went by a lot specifically to look at colors before ordering.

Kino

Reactions
Found this '22 (NOT a '21 or the ST). Not on the dealer's website anymore.

RightStuff

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Aviator
I should have taken a picture when I looked at one last weekend at a dealership. But didn't because I had high hopes I was going to be coming home with it so there would be time for that later. Anyway, that's sort of a long story, and I know you asked for pics but here's my description if it helps...

Walking up to it parked in the shadow of the building during the day I almost thought it was black. So I was surprised how dark it was, darker than the pics on Ford's build site. Getting it into the light before driving it made it look blue, but still dark blue. It made me think it was between the Carbonized Grey and Black colors in terms of color "brightness" if that makes sense.

Here's one for sale (XLT) that might show what I'm trying to describe.

2022-ford-explorer-xlt-stone-blue-metallic-2.jpg 2022-ford-explorer-xlt-stone-blue-metallic-4.jpg

Blaster7Romeo

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
yea that is what i was afraid of. there is one comming in to a dealer close buy.. but I just can't do that... infinite blue a strong maybe

the wait continues for iconic silver lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
My wife and I had a hard time finding a stone blue. We ordered in December after we finally got to see it on the lot as someone else’s order came in. I snapped some pics of what it looks like on an overcast day. I love the look and believe it looks better than the other two blue colors available. Cant wait for our build to be delivered!

[edit] grammar and context

541298FA-2299-4AFB-9C48-42BD2EBA89F8.jpeg A4B5668D-EC23-4959-B12D-84EB743F5F66.jpeg 1768BE3A-0D79-4BB6-B1D3-8E2A8930E7DE.jpeg

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
My wife and I had a hard time finding a stone blue. We ordered in December after we finally got to see it on the lot as someone else’s order came in. I snapped some pics of what it looks like on an overcast day. I love the look and believe it looks better than the other two blue colors available. Cant wait for our build to be delivered!

View attachment 10007 View attachment 10008 View attachment 10009

Thanks for sharing

Kino

Reactions

View attachment 10007 View attachment 10008 View attachment 10009
NOT the ST (and at least I noted that with the pictures I posted above).

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
It is not the ST, but it is Stone Blue Metallic which is the color OP is asking for. It’s the color my wife and I ordered on our ST. Only exterior visual difference would be badging, wheels/brakes, and grill.

I’ll add the ST version end of February when our first car arrives.

Efinkens

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
Found this stone blue ST on a dealers lot for MSRP. Since it matched the one I have on order and I still don’t have a build date, I grabbed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum