Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Almost time to replace 21" Pirellis any recommendation?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I replaced the original Pirellis with the Scorpion Weatheractive, very satisfied with them thus far.
Good to know as that's what I picked up for the OEM rims to replace my stockers. I have 37K on the clock and they are bald. I'll run the new weatheractive's for my winter set and picked up a set of Lexani LX twenty's for my summer 22inch rims. Purchased all 8 tires for less than you can get a set of 4 factory replacements

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Good to know as that's what I picked up for the OEM rims to replace my stockers. I have 37K on the clock and they are bald. I'll run the new weatheractive's for my winter set and picked up a set of Lexani LX twenty's for my summer 22inch rims. Purchased all 8 tires for less than you can get a set of 4 factory replacements
The Lexani’s are also well regarded. They’re made in the same factory as Lionhart…I’d bet money they’re the same carcass but that’s just a guess.

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
On my second set of Lionhart LH-Five’s and will buy a 3rd when I wear these out. Don’t let the name or the price fool ya…there’s a reason these tires have such a huge following online. I’d go with a 295/40/21 and fill out that wheel well more. That size tire fits the factory 21 great.
Oh good stuff. Thanks for the recommendation on that size. I'm at 16k and my tires are nearly bald. Terrible life on these stock 21" tires. Gotta see if my local tire shop has these in stock.

Would you say the 295/40 will have better grip over the stock tires with the Lionharts? These tires break loose pretty easily before the fronts kick in for traction.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The extra width will surely help with traction but I doubt your local shop carries them. Virtually everyone orders them from Simple Tire either directly or through eBay.

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
The extra width will surely help with traction but I doubt your local shop carries them. Virtually everyone orders them from Simple Tire either directly or through eBay.
Yeah my shop didn't have them in stock. They ordered them and will have them in about 6 days unfortunately. $780 installed. Probably a little more expensive then ordering through Simple Tire and finding a place to mount and balance but no biggie on the price difference.

Thanks again for the recommendation. I was considering buying a set of wheels and tires lol. Luckily I didn't get another set of wheels as I already have 4 other sets of wheels laying around for the other cars

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
On my second set of Lionhart LH-Five’s and will buy a 3rd when I wear these out. Don’t let the name or the price fool ya…there’s a reason these tires have such a huge following online. I’d go with a 295/40/21 and fill out that wheel well more. That size tire fits the factory 21 great.
Hey unbroken can you run 305/45/22 on a stock setup with no rub? what offset would be needed for that if possible

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Hey unbroken can you run 305/45/22 on a stock setup with no rub? what offset would be needed for that if possible
No you can’t run that tall of a tire. 305/40r22 should fit fine without any rubbing.