Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Almost time to replace 21" Pirellis any recommendation?

GHB66

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST with ST Street Pack
My 2020 ST / Street Pack is about to turn 28k. The factory Pirellis (do not have NCS) look to have maybe another 2k miles before needing replacement. I'm a bit disappointed with the tread life on the factory Pirellis. But, I really don't know if any other brand of tire would have lasted longer than the Pirellis.

I'm going with same OEM size and looking for quieter and smoother ride than the Pirellis, and similar roadholding. So far, I've looked at Pirelli's, Yokohama Geolandar, and Michelin Pilot Sport AS. The Pirellis have no tread warranty, Yokohamas have 50K warranty, Michelins have 45k warranty. All are expensive.

Would like to hear your preferences and experiences on replacement tires.

Thanks in advance!

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S are amazing. Highly recommend them.

OP
G

GHB66

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST with ST Street Pack
Thread Starter #3
Thanks!

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S are amazing. Highly recommend them.
I love mine as well. I’m running 22’s now. Better handling, better traction especially in rain, and similar quietness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Yeah the OEM tires never really get much life. Designed to just be good on test drive lol.

I'm dealing with this right now actually. There are a bunch of threads on this topic. I unfortunately had a bad experience with my Bridgestones and am going to the Michelins's as well.