Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Alert Tone Changed?

tontda

Reactions
Anyone else recently experienced some of the alert and warning tones emitted from the vehicle changed?

It seems like (at least) my forward parking aid (distance to forward object) tone sounds different when I hopped into my vehicle today.

I’m wondering if it was some type of automatic over the air update pushed to my vehicle by Ford?

Anyone else experienced/noticed this?

Reactions
Anyone else recently experienced some of the alert and warning tones emitted from the vehicle changed?

It seems like (at least) my forward parking aid (distance to forward object) tone sounds different when I hopped into my vehicle today.

I’m wondering if it was some type of automatic over the air update pushed to my vehicle by Ford?

I have. I was wondering the same thing. Weird how it does that..

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
It only does it right after an update. It will go back to normal after a few key cycles

Reactions

I had noticed it too. But, after seeing zdub’s answer, I realized I haven’t heard it in a while.

Explorer ST Posts