Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Air Box Mods?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I dig the set up. Everyone is gonna have a negative opinion on this. Not sure why, there are similar set ups like this on alot of builds cars out there. BMW's, Nissans, etc. Rock on with ya bad self.
Spent thread but, BMWs and Nissans, totally different design. I had a Supra that required intake and exhaust upgrades for the 1st mods. Why? Because the stock system didn't support what HP I was getting ready to outfit it with. The exhaust system on these STs will support up to 700HP! You can upgrade the intake for more airflow but as soon as it hits the turbo, it will be a moot point. The stock intake already supports what these turbos are going to ingest and spit out. Anything more will bottleneck. If you want the extra airflow to make a difference, upgrade the turbos first! Then you will have a legitimate reason. That is of course, unless you're just going for looks and possibly sound. :)