Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Abusing an Explorer ST for science

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
CareerFiremanGuy. Thanks you for your service. I would rather fight three drunks or a gunfight rather than run into a burning building.
Thank you for your support.

But no thank you about the 3 drunks/gunfight thing!

Fire isn't sentient, doesn't look to get you personally, and doesn't threaten to come to your home and get you and your family.

Glad it's what you wanted to do, because it's sure not what I wanted to do!

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
True that!!!!! Especially after spending a month in a burn unit when I was younger and dumber.
That's why we're trained with PPP's ("Personal Protective Envelope"): helmet, fire resistant face covering, face piece, turnout coat, bunker pants, gloves & boots!

Sorry to hear about what happened to you when you were younger.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Timberline
so were just going to excuse this guy (op) driving like a lunatic and ruining a perfectly good explorer?

dtmenace

Reactions
so were just going to excuse this guy (op) driving like a lunatic and ruining a perfectly good explorer?
We are.

Who are you to pass judgement otherwise? Asking for a friend….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
It's his vehicle, he paid for it.

He can legally do whatever he wants to with it .

We are.

Who's your friend? Asking for myself. (lol, jk)

Last edited:
OP
Sstockss
Reactions
Thread Starter #106
welp we all appreciate your contribution to the forum. which is……..?

We are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Nice to have a little support for sure.

It''s his vehicle, he paid for it.

He can legally do whatever he wants to with it .

Who's your friend? Asking for myself. (lol, jk)
I knew I liked firemen. If not for their dedication and bravery, than (then?) for their poignant commentary.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

also to the admins of this forum why is it so difficult to multi-quote posts? I haven't had an issue multi-quoting posts since NASIOC in 2005. Are you wanting everyone to move to a Discord server rather than a website?

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hahaha. You must be one of those “the election was stolen” guys. Bless your heart.
You must be one of those "I smoke too much dope in my basement to know that the election was stolen" guys. Bless your Commie heart.

... I knew I liked firemen. If not for their dedication and bravery, than (then?) for their poignant commentary ...
Well, don't be too complimenting! We First Responders like to call guys like you "job security." ;)

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hopefully this gives y'all a little more confidence in your purchases ...
To Sstockss:

In discussing the rear bolt shear, you replied that your rear sub frame was the 1 bolt (example photo below):

278806494_8056414887718014_321014743180690210_n.jpg

But boosted_st said the matte finish on your steering wheel/dash indicates a 2020 model which means you may have the 2 bolt rear (example photo below):

278567926_736750861066038_4023282999114639604_n.jpg

Please clarify. Thanks.

Last edited:

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yo, Sstockss. You out there?

We just need clarification that your 2020 ST is in fact a one bolt rear per your previous reply.

Thanks.

forum.jpg

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

We just need clarification that your 2020 ST is in fact a one bolt rear per your previous reply.

Thanks.

View attachment 13048
Okay, Sstockss hasn't responded and since there have been no new comments since my 6/21 post we'll just have to conclude he has a 1/3 bolt.

All the better!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Last edited:
OP
Sstockss
Reactions
Thread Starter #113

Thanks.

You have been told this already. He has a '20 and it will have the 4 bolt design.

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/abusing-an-explorer-st-for-science.2200/post-37679
Hey guys. Mfg year of 2019 and I got a recall notice for the bolt failure. Not sure about the steering wheel trim comment but it most certainly didn't have two bolts in the bottom. No drivetrain issues in ~50k miles but exploder is gone and replaced with a bronco.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hey guys. Mfg year of 2019 and I got a recall notice for the bolt failure. Not sure about the steering wheel trim comment but it most certainly didn't have two bolts in the bottom. No drivetrain issues in ~50k miles but exploder is gone and replaced with a bronco.
Okay, thank you for responding. A manufacturing date of 2019 means you have a 2020 with the 1/3 bolts. Until now, I thought all 2020's were 2/4 bolts. Ha!

Well, good luck with your Bronco.:)

DocBach

U.S. Army Veteran
Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0, 2021 Explorer ST
That was pretty awesome, thank you for your sacrifices and contributions to scientific discovery