Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Abusing an Explorer ST for science

Reactions
What year is this one and does it have the 3 or 4 bolt rear diff design?

dtmenace

Reactions
His vids go back a while, so I’m thinking he has an early ‘20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sstockss
Reactions
Thread Starter #63
Never heard of you until this thread and that video is the only one I’ve watched…..and the last one. Not for your sake but others, I hope you don’t end up eating your words.

ok dad so you’re gonna get learned on internets today. When you constantly spam post in my thread, that brings it to more people’s attention.
When you have a polarizing opinion, and are in the minority, it tends to make people click on the video because they’re interested what someone is so butthurt about.
So before your posts revived this thread, very few views were care of this forum. Now 77% of views the past 7 days are from this post.

Whenever someone says the Explorer is not up to task, not a great vehicle or reliable,
I just send them this YT link.

I also need more popcorn, I love internet fights

who doesn’t love internet fights?
Also I’m glad the video is being used for its intended purpose. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked “why not an SRT”. Here’s a link. Lol

The video did provide a lot of information from a technical point of view on how well some of the systems work under extreme conditions, most interesting to me was the intelligent 4x4 engagement and how much throttle input you needed to provide before a front tire would turn. Detecting rear tire spin before engagement

Do You still have this thing or did you get rid of it? I'm asking this because I'm wondering if you have done any logging of the oil pressure on those inclines with the approach angles nose up, down, side to side on and off the gas(Closed course,Off-road)?

There is some data during hard launches the oil pressure drops and it is speculated that the oil pan design, skirt, drain back and pickup tube design possibly may be the issue. I would like to see what a data log looks like while driven off-road (In a safe controlled environment of course) on extreme hills both forward, backward and Side to side angles both with and without hard throttle input. Based on a few pictures of the engine skirt in another thread I am not convinced that under hard acceleration is the only time a drop in oil pressure may happen.

For Science, Right?

no logs of oil pressure unfortunately. But can attest to no level problems or drops in pressure logged on the ecu and lots of up incline launches, and side to side pan sloshing doesn’t seem to be an issue. Also, I think it has 11k miles on this oil. Prolly time to take it in.

Honestly I’m not sure.

His vids go back a while, so I’m thinking he has an early ‘20.

Correct! Build date 11/19

Last edited:

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
ok dad so you’re gonna get learned on internets today. When you constantly spam post in my thread, that brings it to more people’s attention.
When you have a polarizing opinion, and are in the minority, it tends to make people click on the video because they’re interested what someone is so butthurt about.
So before your posts revived this thread, very few views were care of this forum. Now 77% of views the past 7 days are from this post.
Also I will bet you $5 everyone in that video outranks you. So there’s also that

who doesn’t love internet fights?
Also I’m glad the video is being used for its intended purpose. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked “why not an SRT”. Here’s a link. Lol

no logs of oil pressure unfortunately. But can attest to no level problems or drops in pressure logged on the ecu and lots of up incline launches, and side to side pan sloshing doesn’t seem to be an issue. Also, I think it has 11k miles on this oil. Prolly time to take it in.

Honestly I’m not sure.

Correct! Build date 11/19
Hopefully this isn’t the outcome of any of your videos…. For others sake. Everyone outranks me? Who cares!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado...p-gets-110-years-gets-emotional-at-sentencing

Reactions
no logs of oil pressure unfortunately. But can attest to no level problems or drops in pressure logged on the ecu and lots of up incline launches said:
Thanks, for the reponse. I'll log ours with HP VCM if it ever gets here and find out for sure. You have the 4 bolt rear I have doubt's the three bolt would of held up to that punishment

Reactions
I didnt see anything wrong in the videos, they were informative and only the fun police are angry, Ive seen LEOs do ridiculous things and thats just life, when its about speed for many of them its "Speed for me, but not for thee"

Reactions
I didnt see anything wrong in the videos, they were informative and only the fun police are angry, Ive seen LEOs do ridiculous things and thats just life, when its about speed for many of them its "Speed for me, but not for thee"
That’s right…that’s the way it should be too. I believe cops have a whole lot more performance training than one particular clown whom I’m sure has none.

Last edited:
Reactions
That’s right…that’s the way it should be too. I believe cops have a whole lot more performance training than one particular clown whom I’m sure has none.
as the guy who has trained them, the answer is most dont. You'd be shocked how bad some are with car or guns. Plus anyone who buys an ST new gets free rudimentary training from Ford at the ST experience

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
...Says the anonymous internet poster from Somalia who some how knows the shocking facts about how bad police are with driving and weapons.:rolleyes: We'll all wait for your documentary.

Reactions
^^ whatever its the internet, believe it or not B., all cops aren't TJ Hooker

Dora_ST

Reactions
I haven’t been on forums since SVTP and Lightning Rodder/Garage were the hotness. This thread reminded me why forums are great. Haha. Thanks!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
^^ whatever its the internet, believe it or not B., all cops aren't TJ Hooker
You know, I would have let this thread die the violent death it deserved, until I see the TJ Hooker comment. Are you serious? Do you want to ever be taken seriously again on this site? Because any reasonable, rational person now thinks you're a fool. Please, go back and look at your post about "training" cops. Do you think anyone, and I mean anyone- given your comments, thinks you train policemen? Are you delusional?

And really, the last two comments on popcorn; that was maybe slightly funny in 1996 Can't you be more original than that?

Last edited:
Reactions
You know, I would have let this thread die the violent death it deserved, until I see the TJ Hooker comment. Are you serious? Do you want to ever be taken seriously again on this site? Because any reasonable, rational person now thinks you're a fool. Please, go back and look at your post about "training" cops. Do you think anyone, and I mean anyone- given your comments, thinks you train policemen? Are you delusional?

And really, the last two comments on popcorn; that was maybe slightly funny in 1996 Can't you be more original than that?
wow such vitriol, you obviously aren't cop and have little experience with them, no need for me to explain my credentials, believe it or not, or maybe go ask some cops about cornering, late apex, oversteer/understeer, etc etc, what world do you live in huggy bear, maybe there all cops shoot like Annie Oakley and drive like Dale, but not in the real world. I dont care what you believe, its the internet, maybe Im John Holmes too

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Attack policemen/women all you want- you're just another keyboard fool. You've blown all credibility, now no one will ever believe anything you post. And throwing in comments like "cornering, late apex," etc. as if this somehow bolsters your credibilty makes you even more a fool.

Last edited:
Reactions
Attack policemen/women all you want- you're just another keyboard fool. You've blown all credibility, now no one will ever believe anything you post. And thowing in comments like "cornering, late apex," etc. makes you even more a fool.

wow, just wow. hey man are you autistic? Im just gonna end talking to you with, I like your sisters milk

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm impressed- not at your grammar or intelligence or sad attempts at insults. I'm impressed that you finally decided to stop digging at rock bottom.

Reactions
I'm impressed- not at your grammar or intelligence or sad attempts at insults. I'm impressed that you finally decided to stop digging at rock bottom.
alright here's more and a little more subtle...your momma and your sister like it.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Keep digging! It so enhances your credibility. Everyone on this forum is just so astounded at your command of language and insults. Please tell us again how you train police in both driving and firearms?