Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2021 ST High Performance Pkg vs ST Street Pkg?

WVS

Reactions
Hello,
Looking for information on the 2021 Explorer ST. What is the difference between the ST High Performance package at $1,595.00 and the ST Street package at $995.00.
Thanks

OP
W

WVS

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
In your opinion is the extra cost worth the difference?

Reactions
Only difference is the brake pads as mentioned. In my opinion, no, it's not worth it. If I want to put on better pads for any reason it will cost me less than $600.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You can buy the same pads at the dealer for $225ish.

WhtST

Reactions
I think the tires are different as well. All season perelli on the street pack and Michelin summer tires on the track pack.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I think the tires are different as well. All season perelli on the street pack and Michelin summer tires on the track pack.
Not anymore. They all get the same tires now.

Reactions
Any certain break in procedure for either of these brake pads?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Stickier brake pads in the high performance pack in addition to everything the street pack comes with.

Last edited:

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Just pay the 995.00 for the bigger wheels and tires save yourself the other 600.00 after you put on 20 to 25k just order the better brake pads and get your monies worth out of them.
I love the upgraded wheel combo but a lot of people passed on ordering them as they say they are too heavy etc.
I felt for 995.00 they were a great deal....

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I know this is some time from your post, but others may still be looking like I did. The ST High Pack (which stands for High Performance Pack) is larger slotted and drilled rotors, bigger red calipers and larger brake pads. More stopping power. Really only worth it if you're going to modify the vehicle.
No offense intended here but this is not correct. The only difference between these two packages is the brake pad itself. The Street Pack and the Track Pack both have different rotors and calipers than the standard brakes. I'm not aware of any of the factory rotors being slotted and drilled. That's been left to the aftermarket guys.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Do your research before you type. Your statement is wrong and foolish.
One of us needs to. Do a search on this site. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Where did @NYPigskin go? I promise he was in this thread but has since pulled his posts. It would have been better for him to leave the posts and say "whoops, I made a mistake."

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
At least you quoted his posts…because he was definitely 100% wrong.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yup, a newbie joins and makes 2 incorrect posts. Then runs away. Guessing we may never see him again.
Thanks @GearHead_1 for correcting him.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I wasn't trying to call him out but sometimes people/new members only read the most recent post in a thread (kind of think he may be one of these). An incorrect post shouldn't be the one left standing. The subject had already been correctly addressed in this very thread.

Polo08816

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2014 BMW 335i
No offense intended here but this is not correct. The only difference between these two packages is the brake pad itself. The Street Pack and the Track Pack both have different rotors and calipers than the standard brakes. I'm not aware of any of the factory rotors being slotted and drilled. That's been left to the aftermarket guys.
This is worthwhile for both the Street Pack/Track Pack. I wish you were able to keep the 20" wheels though for better ride quality from slightly taller tire sidewalls.

NYPigskin

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Where did @NYPigskin go? I promise he was in this thread but has since pulled his posts. It would have been better for him to leave the posts and say "whoops, I made a mistake."
Yup, big whoops. I made a huge mistake. Sorry guys. After you replied, I knew what I posted didn't sound right either, so I took it down. I knew the slotted rotors didn't sound correct. What I read was a guy that bought the ST without the ST Pack and did an upgrade himself. I was reading so many posts that I start mixing them up and then I couldn't find his post or where I saw it. I wish I could find in to put the link here so I don't look like as big a fool as I am. I couldn't get back right away because I had to go out of town. Anyway, better educated now and just picked up mine today. Damn new newbie. Lol.