Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2021 Explorer King Ranch (First Look)

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
i don't understand this and the Timberline trims. Not a fan...

Reactions
king ranch is totally useless but there is def has a market for Timberline (me included but for having already purchased an ST and making it as off-road worthy as it can be).

Reactions
That leather treatment of the KR logo is nice and would be deserved in the ST. I do dig that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Where I live, 4WD is not necessary. If I could have bought my ST with only RWD, I would have. To be honest to lose 300+ lbs from the front axle is a good thing. Now that it's widely thought that the only diff between 3.0 turbos is a tune, I would have sprung for a slightly nicer interior. I could care less about the "King Ranch" thing, but would be quite happy to have my ST without AWD. Just my opinion.

kwork417

Reactions
The King Ranch is not my cup of tea. I don't hate the two-tone, but the random squiggle design (snake) on the center console and other places really turn me off

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I don't understand why you would ever buy that over an Aviator... the Lincoln interior is soooo much nicer and it has the 400hp motor tune from the ST.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I don't understand why you would ever buy that over an Aviator... the Lincoln interior is soooo much nicer and it has the 400hp motor tune from the ST.
Because it's $20k cheaper?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
It is? It starts at $53,595. The Aviator starts at $51,100... How do you come up with $20,000??? If anything its even worse when you look into it because that base price on the King Ranch does not include the tech package or 4WD. Assuming similar pricing to the other trims for those packages, you are looking at similar pricing to an Aviator Reserve which is $57,110. And with THAT, you get the baller turbine wheels and Co-Pilot 360. Two things not available with the King Ranch at that price point. AND you still have the 400hp spec. What am I missing?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You're right, I was looking at Navigator pricing not Aviator. My bad.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
You're right, I was looking at Navigator pricing not Aviator. My bad.
Ah. You had me thinking I was crazy or was seriously missing something!

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
It definitely needs a unique set of wheels. I think they are the Limited wheels.

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
It's funny. I grew up in the area. I've actually been to the King Ranch, and the YO Ranch, in Texas. This version hasn't captured any single part about the "essence" of the King Ranch that would make owners feel they have a bit of ownership in the actual ranch in their ST. So WTF FORD?!!!!!

This is a bunch of Los Angeles HOLYWOOD BS going on here. Don't buy this piece of shit people!!!!! It isn't King Ranch anything!!!!!!!! It's Los Angeles Ranch City Slicker Nue Vue.

The only thing this says about you is you're an idiot who doesn't know where or what the King Ranch is in Texas!!!!