Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Zfg question.

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Not to be a needy girlfriend, but how do we know where we are on the list? I received an email from him a couple of months ago where he stated he is back doing tunes but nothing since. I have emailed and pvt messaged him here but nothing. I understand he is quite busy but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss my opportunity...anybody here get a tune lately?

LokiWolf

Reactions
Not to be a needy girlfriend, but how do we know where we are on the list? I received an email from him a couple of months ago where he stated he is back doing tunes but nothing since. I have emailed and pvt messaged him here but nothing. I understand he is quite busy but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss my opportunity...anybody here get a tune lately?
I know he is steadily working through the list…

@ZFGracing will come along when he is online…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
The list is only like 1-2 weeks long at this point.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
Cruiser133

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
The list is only like 1-2 weeks long at this point.

Did you reach out to me and I missed it?

Reactions
Did you reach out to me and I missed it?
The last group of waitlist emails has just been released. If you were on the waitlist thank you! If you are still looking to get a tune, the regular package will be in stock some time next week! Also look for e50 tunes to come back out this week or next!

Blevins

Reactions
I didn't receive an email and i was for sure on the list as i got the email for that and the one sent out saying the list was starting a couple months ago but nothing since. I have tried to contact via email and not got a return message as well. Possibly got lost in the madness?? LMK! Thanks

OP
Cruiser133

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
I didn't receive an email and i was for sure on the list as i got the email for that and the one sent out saying the list was starting a couple months ago but nothing since. I have tried to contact via email and not got a return message as well. Possibly got lost in the madness?? LMK! Thanks
Yes, this pretty much describes my experience as well. Guess I will wait until next week...

OP
Cruiser133

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
OK, orders are being accepted! YEA! So now I have a quandary. I want the E50 tune but worry when we travel if E85 will be available. It is also technically Momma's truck so I just convinced her 93 was necessary and adding another level of complexity may be difficult. So should I do the E50 tune or the auto octane option? I may be reading the description inaccurately but it appears only 91 and 93 tune are available for that option? If it supports E50, then that would be a no brainer for me...

F=MA

Reactions
There are lists out there showing locations that sell e85. Since I mix E85 and 93 octane E30 at 50/50 I limit my travel to a 100 mile radius so I can always fill up at my preferred station. I suppose I could easily mix E85 and regular 91 octane and travel further. Do not like bugs or rock chips so I just run the local roads where my business takes me and take the wife's convertible if we are going further.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
OK, orders are being accepted! YEA! So now I have a quandary. I want the E50 tune but worry when we travel if E85 will be available. It is also technically Momma's truck so I just convinced her 93 was necessary and adding another level of complexity may be difficult. So should I do the E50 tune or the auto octane option? I may be reading the description inaccurately but it appears only 91 and 93 tune are available for that option? If it supports E50, then that would be a no brainer for me...
I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to this. Unless the missus is a car nut and is down with mixing fuel (which seeing as how you had to sell her on 93, I'm guessing isn't the case), you will severely regret not just doing a straight up 93 or auto-octane 91/93 tune. There is a 100% chance the day will come when the car is running low on gas and she is in a hurry and you are unavailable and sh*t will hit the fan.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just get both 93 and E50 tunes…takes just a couple minutes to swap tunes.

OP
Cruiser133

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
Just get both 93 and E50 tunes…takes just a couple minutes to swap tunes.
Is that extra? If so, do you know how much? The only option offered on his website is the full cost tune which is around $800.

Reactions
Is that extra? If so, do you know how much? The only option offered on his website is the full cost tune which is around $800.
An extra tune is $250.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/pr...plorer-3-0l-zfg-racing-additional-custom-tune

I would do the 93 tune FIRST and then decide if you want the E50 tune later. Then you know the process of datalog, upload, reflash, datalog, upload, reflash, etc.... before ALSO adding fuel mixing into the mix. I bet by the time my 93 tune is done I will be 4-5 tanks deep, maybe more, since this is my daily and the couple days back and forth and what not. And I think my "engine tune" revisions are on hold until we get my trans tune perfected, so its not just a quick one two back and forth, it can be 4-5 revisions back and forth...which is a GREAT aspect of this tune. He wants them perfect and that takes time.

OP
Cruiser133

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
An extra tune is $250.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/pr...plorer-3-0l-zfg-racing-additional-custom-tune

I would do the 93 tune FIRST and then decide if you want the E50 tune later. Then you know the process of datalog, upload, reflash, datalog, upload, reflash, etc.... before ALSO adding fuel mixing into the mix. I bet by the time my 93 tune is done I will be 4-5 tanks deep, maybe more, since this is my daily and the couple days back and forth and what not. And I think my "engine tune" revisions are on hold until we get my trans tune perfected, so its not just a quick one two back and forth, it can be 4-5 revisions back and forth...which is a GREAT aspect of this tune. He wants them perfect and that takes time.
Awesome, thanks for the response!

NappyNick

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
I’m ready. I’m on the site and I’m not 100% on what to order for the tuner/tune. Looking for some help and guidance.

Thanks community

Reactions
I’m ready. I’m on the site and I’m not 100% on what to order for the tuner/tune. Looking for some help and guidance.

Thanks community
What are your goals? Are you stock?

What gas is available by you regularly? (E85/93/91?)

Order the HPtuners RTD you don't need the MPVI unless you want to tune yourself and other more advanced features us commoners won't ever use.

NappyNick

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions

Thanks community
Stock…. Waiting to order the intercooler. I have 91. Looking for more power and fun.

I have swaybar installed. Waiting for springs. Hopefully they’ll be here soon. Ordered in May.

Thanks for the help. That makes more sense on want to get.

AustinST

Reactions
Is it safe to load the baseline tune on to the vehicle and do my data logging in a day or two when I can find time and a piece of roadway or should I do both at the same time?

Reactions
Is it safe to load the baseline tune on to the vehicle and do my data logging in a day or two when I can find time and a piece of roadway or should I do both at the same time?
I tend to drive the vehicle a bit before I do any data logging. Usually 2 days or so, lets say 75-100 miles. Gives the computer time to do any learning its going to do. I read somewhere it was recommended minimum 35 miles after flashing before doing data logging.