Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ZFG 93 Tune - Order placed!

Radguy

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring
Awesome stuff. Not a Canadian, but have seen many pics of 94 E0 on several EcoBoost and VW groups. Just wanted to make sure it was being discussed. Ethanol is good stuff in an EcoBoost!

Would love to have access to 94E10 FYI! So great stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As I said in a previous post, on several occasions in the past a tuner has indicated that the tune for the 94 gas was slightly more aggressive and allow for slightly more power than the standard 93 tune, so I can only assume that our Petro-Can 94 gas is an E10.

LokiWolf

Reactions
As I said in a previous post, on several occasions in the past a tuner has indicated that the tune for the 94 gas was slightly more aggressive and allow for slightly more power than the standard 93 tune, so I can only assume that our Petro-Can 94 gas is an E10.
Oh, I believe you 100%. Nothing like 1st hand experience! Just wish I had it near me in VA!

Reactions
It depends on the area that you’re getting Petro 94 from. As an example, I’m in Calgary, AB. The 94 in my area is a pretty consistent 6% ethanol in the summer and 8% in the winter. I run a ethanol sensor in my Eco truck and check it pretty religiously.

LokiWolf

Reactions
It depends on the area that you’re getting Petro 94 from. As an example, I’m in Calgary, AB. The 94 in my area is a pretty consistent 6% ethanol in the summer and 8% in the winter. I run a ethanol sensor in my Eco truck and check it pretty religiously.

6/8 is still better than 0! But like you know, the higher the better!

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thanks for the great answers. Looking at Petro-Canada’s website, looks like there is « up to 10% » Ethanol in their 94.

View attachment 12135
Edit: I also meant to ask, if I understand properly, there will be a module in the obd port with which my phone would be connected to via bluetooth and in less than 10 minutes I can swap from tuned to stock and vice versa?
The RTD+ can be used with a Laptop and software, or with the TDN app on a phone. No need to leave it plugged in all the time, just when you need to log or change tunes.

colliedog

Reactions
So does the custom tune not actually load until after you submit a TDN request of the stock calibration and receive a response from ZFG?

LokiWolf

Reactions
So does the custom tune not actually load until after you submit a TDN request of the stock calibration and receive a response from ZFG?
Correct. Need to read stock first.

colliedog

Reactions
Thanks LokiWolf! Just received my custom tune. Maybe I am clueless but how to you actually upload the tune with TDN?

Radguy

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
Thanks LokiWolf! Just received my custom tune. Maybe I am clueless but how to you actually upload the tune with TDN?
Colliedog, please let us know your impression of the tune after you've loaded it and have had a chance to try it out.

Radguy

Doctor
Reactions
Vehicle
6/8 is still better than 0! But like you know, the higher the better!

So I read somewhere (CNN news I think) that Joe Biden mandated 15% ethanol in all fuels sold in the U.S. to try and keep fuel prices at a more reasonable level for consumers. I take it that would mean that 93 octane fuel would become 93E15? If so, I would imagine that would allow for more aggressive tuning parameters compared to the present. If I am wrong about that, please let me know. Does anyone know when this is going to happen?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes, that will make a big difference...not. Assuming this could be done in any time frame beyond his presidency, that just means corn prices will rise. So you'll be paying for lower gas prices with higher food prices. Perhaps the Magical Ethanol Fairy will simply appear to fix the problem. Let's not even discuss the real costs of ethanol production which entail approximately 1.2 gallons of gas to produce 1 gallon of ethanol.

Honestly, if the real question is "...when this is going to happen?", certainly a Google search would be more productive- agreed?

colliedog

Reactions
Random question but looking for advice. Recently got my ZFG tune installed and sent in my first data log. I received it back but I cannot get the file to sync in order to write the vehicle. I have a TDN and using the TDN app from my phone. I have perfect signal and Wi-Fi. Anybody else experienced this problem?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Random question but looking for advice. Recently got my ZFG tune installed and sent in my first data log. I received it back but I cannot get the file to sync in order to write the vehicle. I have a TDN and using the TDN app from my phone. I have perfect signal and Wi-Fi. Anybody else experienced this problem?
Damn in your post above you got your tune about 2 months ago? how many revisions did you need? did it take 2 months to get it done or am I missing something?

colliedog

Reactions
Yeah I know but unfortunately my vehicle was in the body shop for like 6 weeks. Was at a friends house when a bad storm came through and his trampoline decided to become a magnet with my car. $8,100 insurance claim later I got it back last week.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yeah I know but unfortunately my vehicle was in the body shop for like 6 weeks. Was at a friends house when a bad storm came through and his trampoline decided to become a magnet with my car. $8,100 insurance claim later I got it back last week.
oh man sorry to hear that. Glad its fixed now.

OP
TLST22
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #56
What error message (if any) are you receiving when performing a sync?

Reactions
Probably need to update firmware. It won't tell you that, it will just say unable to connect to device. I just got a revision about two weeks ago after tuning initially about two months ago and mine would not connect to the device. It took me a good 10 minutes to figure out the firmware needed updating.