Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Wireless charging pad

Reactions
So, I looked at it more closely yesterday. I was able to force the IPhone 12 Pro Max with the leather apple case down against the charging pad, but, it was very tight.

I think opening up the frame 1/16” should be enough so that it will fit nicely. Or, find a thinner skin/case for the phone. This would be preferred over filing the sides of the charging pad frame down.

Just ordered a “Peel” case that claims it is only .35mm thick. I will post the results in a few weeks when I get it.
Thanks, will wait for your feedback. I am curious if this case will work with the wireless charging pad in our Explorers - "
iPhone 12 Pro Max Silicone Case with MagSafe"

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
S10+ doesn't fit in a case though

Does anyone else forget their phone in the charger all the time?
I always end up doing the walk of shame after the car is parked

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Reactions
Update.

I received the case for the IPhone 12 Pro Max.
It is 0.30mm thick.

I placed it in the charging pad. It is still a little snug but actually stays in place and charges.

Arnorth05

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Is anyone else having issues with the iPhone 12 Pro on the wireless charging pad? Both mine and the wife’s will start charging initially for about 15-20 seconds and then I get error message that it has been disconnected, same result regardless of whether a case is on the phone or not. I’ve read a few places that this is a common issue with the IPhone 12 and not necessarily related to the vehicle.

Reactions
iPhone 12 max doesn’t fit, Sony Xperia 1 II also doesn’t fit. It’s a crap spot and a crap design.

Blackssr

Reactions
iPhone 12 max doesn’t fit, Sony Xperia 1 II also doesn’t fit. It’s a crap spot and a crap design.
The location of the oe wireless charger is horrendous.

Reactions
If you think the ST is bad try a new C8 corvette. The only way I can access that charger is when your out of the car. STUPID.

Reactions
My IPhone 12 Pro Max with a thin wall case fits in the charger.

I believe the location is to prevent distracted driving.

Edified

Reactions
Is anyone else having issues with the iPhone 12 Pro on the wireless charging pad? Both mine and the wife’s will start charging initially for about 15-20 seconds and then I get error message that it has been disconnected, same result regardless of whether a case is on the phone or not. I’ve read a few places that this is a common issue with the IPhone 12 and not necessarily related to the vehicle.

I get this all the time with my 12 pro. No issue at all with an 11 Pro and an 8.

Reactions

A3ch

Reactions
My wife's and mine S21 Ultra does NOT fit. Our daughters iPhone 12 does though

Reactions
My wife's and mine S21 Ultra does NOT fit. Our daughters iPhone 12 does though
My Note S20 fits without the case. My wife's Note S20 Ultra does not fit. The Aviator is different and her phone did work in the Lincoln.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk